Travis

Friday, November 09, 2007
Vive Cuervo Salon, Mexico City, MX

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 105 Upload Photo

Members at this show: 240 Add My Name
aayla, abi8, adiwelling, Adri, Adrius, Adrius, aguilarpaola, al924148, alejandrocks, ALEKS, AleyaCiveira, ale_licon, alonso_diaz, alvaro_landa, alxcadillac, anan_ale, androide, angiejude, anna_ktr, Anucarika, Anucarika, Anucarika, Anucarika, Anucarika, Anucarika, aracelifh, arlette, arwen_mo, banezah, basibadtz, Battleship, beda, bethina, bitzhiocyn, black_bird, bogusblue, borisss, Bren, brenrocks, bren_mullen, bro, Buffsak, cactopitufresa, campbellita, Carant, carloshdzleon, carlosmusic, Carlos__oriordaN, cavh, CECi, Chentin, Cinthya Olguín, clau_001, coach, Coco, cocobonsay, cool_7, cutthooth_45, CyberSurfer, cyn, cynthiaq, damon, Danihell, darkangelhegel, dianacris, diego_rock, dizzyizzy75, dstravis, Dudu, Eder, eduardo_ss, Electric_fear, elisaortiz_celticfc, eljavo, emiliano, emstour, endhoodoo, Fanny McAlloon, ferruzkiaz, Francia Michelle, Gab, galadrielvelez, galletitabonita, gatovampiro, gattaro, genia_gvan, georchis, gers333, gisadnael, gonzalozada, gozka, healy_peel, Hector123, HumptyDumptyMexico, Huntress, IloveIself, imkatatonic, infinite, isradiohead, Israelin, Itzel, Jair_Gallagher, jamt1985, javierldeo, Jean-ah, jellyct_84, jennifer92, jennifer92, jesusaremus, jesytravis, jocelyn, JuanCarlosOrtiz, juano, Junnueth, kaotique, Karen_Mullen, kathya, katya, kazza18, killer queen, kiltnena, kornflakes21, kriser_ags, kristoch, KRMEN, levasy, logospoietikos, lreynosoe, malandrino7, malcom, marcom1, mariavig, Marielchz, marielnet, marilu, mariohollerspg, mario_healy, Marysol88, mau_pallares, may, Mayelo, mayitz, mcrorro, melivixeda, mel_allemande, memo808, mexicantwin, mike1, Mimoza, Mirelle, misspayne, MoniK, montserrat, Moonse, Motz, muschick, muse-ic, mystique, nanyz16, nicko00, noelle, no_name, nrubnus, Obi-Wan, palluca2040, Pammy, parachutes, paristexas, pauchis, pauenriquez, paz, pcs1905, penny, pequenardilla, petermex, pipedreamer, pogo999, poorstargazer, r3ntonAV, rabarkar, RAFA, RaZzZ, renefmx, Richard_keane, richsnake2, rodrigomi, RooTravisMexico, Ropo, rose, rosymontero, rtavera, saborock, sanvictoria, selfishjoan, selfishmatilde, Selfish_Juan-Pedro, serch, Sett, SheilaChaplin, sirgotisa, skyflyer, skypermsn, snd, sol, Sopitas, spo, sunkist, TALIA, tanialeph, the-bliss, The_Walrus, toache, tonybony, Traniel, TRAVIS MEXICO, travismx, Travisrules, Travisrules, travis_in_the_window, Trimm_Trabb, tryksx, U16Kiwi, U28mich, uka, uliari, vania, vcreloadedd, velezss, Veroo, victorq, Wolfang, wuappy, Xboy, xmbeto, xoxoAlejaNdraxoxo, zemagmich, Ziggy Stardust, zu, _hugo_, _rob_

Reviews: 24 Post Review
bogusblue Posted: 10-11-07 8:10
+1 Votes Login To Vote
WOW!!! What an amazing, awesome and incredible gig. I just arrived from Vive Cuervo Salon and the excitement has not decreased, I'm still so bloody excited. Thank you so much for coming back so soon, hope your return next year, yeah!

Don't worry about all the little problems and issues you had thru all this day, everything was perfect. All the sweating, beating and bruises worth it.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

Alma.
r3ntonAV Posted: 10-11-07 8:12
!!!!! What an amazing concert... Thank you travis for giving such a great show...It is always a pleasure to see you guys. I'll be waiting for your next concert here in Mexico, and of course i will be there... ; )

PS: I got Fran's towel..LOL.. :P

David M.
beda Posted: 10-11-07 3:16
Sooo AMAZING!!!!!! I loved the show the energy of Fran; Douguie, Andy, Neil made the gig, I was in the first row and spend all the time singing to Dougie and Fran and now I don't even have voice but anyway thanx for comming so soon and I really, really Hope that you guys came the next year!!!

by the way someone can post the complete set list I can't remember all the songs

Once Again Thanx for a great great Night!!!
kazza18 Posted: 10-11-07 4:05
FANTASTIC!!! Lovely music!I love the energy of the band, it's such a fun and enjoyable experience to watch them play live... Last night's concert was an excellent way to relax after a crazy week!!! Thanks!!! xoxo
mariavig Posted: 10-11-07 4:55
Hello, hello I'm at a place called MEXICO!!

Wow... again, there's no way to describe this show, I just want to say "Travis, you're Mexico's favourite band"... thanks so much for yesterday's show. By the way, Fran, you made me cry so much with Twenty! I guess it's the best live song I've ever heard... you have the best voice without a mic... I mean it!! All the passion you put into it made me cry (I'm 20 btw hehe).
My favourite moments...Twenty, Turn (I made my wish), Happy, Sing, wdiarom, selfish jean, my eyes, as you are, all I want to do is rock.. hehe, the whole gig I guess.
Please come back next year... You are an amazing band and very humble, I love your smiles and interaction with the audience! Keep that up and.. see you soon!!!
Loads of love,
maria
eljavo Posted: 10-11-07 5:20
Hey guys!!

Excellent show yesterday. I uploaded the photo with the setlist. After the break they played Battleship, Happy, Hit me baby..., an excellent acoustic song by Fran, Flowes in the window, another song I don't remember the name :S, and finally Rain...

check this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PcsIZjuHl4M

Pretty soon I'll upload more videos

Thanx to travis
jesusaremus Posted: 10-11-07 9:33
AMAZING SHOW AGAIN!!!
Everyone singing, screaming, jumping, ahh really really great!!!
pauenriquez Posted: 10-11-07 10:55
AWESOME SHOW!!! UNFORGETTABLE!!!
THANK YOU GUYS FOR GIVING US AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT!!
MEXICO LOOOOOOVES YOUUUU!!!!
SEE YOU SOON!
bethina Posted: 11-11-07 1:19
hey!, the show was great! I really enjoyed it a lot, i love how you are passionated guys!, you give everything y was so pleased to have travelled just to see you.
i left you a little drawing with one of your guys of the backstage, i hope you've received it, it was a fish and a note!...
come back soon pleaseeeee
Love YOu ...Bethania
melivixeda Posted: 11-11-07 4:40
i just want to say ¡ wow ¡¡¡ wow wow¡¡¡¡
may Posted: 11-11-07 5:37
WOW! IT WAS AMAZING!
20's was awesome, Fran singing, all the people quiet.. ahh just beautiful..
We love you guys!!! See you next year!!!
Carlos__oriordaN Posted: 11-11-07 5:48
:: I'll always remember "Twenty"....
galletitabonita Posted: 11-11-07 6:46
At this moment I haven't got the perfect words to describe all those magic moments that I lived. The gig was totally AMAZING, I loved Pipe Dreams and my favorite song Side, both were awesome, Travis was awesome in all the aspects. I missed Neil today, I don't know exactly why he went out so soon from Mexico, but I wish I could see him just one more time. THANKS to all the people that made possible this great concert and all the crazy fans too for gave lots of love to the band (+crew) and obviously, a big THANKS to Travis for coming to Mexico one more time and please!!! Don't forget the nice time that you had here. I won't forget!!!

Lots of Love guys!!!

I will wait paciently for your next visit, Remember us!!!

MEXICO + TRAVIS = THE BEST
kristoch Posted: 11-11-07 2:20
I saw some “gringos” at the GIG, I think that they were hoping for a show like last August 02, but that one was just for mexican fans, this concert was awesome by the way.
Here's the setlist:

01 Selfish Jean
02 Eyes wide Open
03 U16 Girls
04 Writing To Reach You
05 Love Will Come Through
06 Re-Offender
07 As You Are
08 My Eyes
09 Pipe Dreams
10 The Beautiful Occupation
11 Side
12 Driftwood
13 Good Feeling
14 Closer
15 Sing
16 All I Want To Do Is Rock
17 Turn
18 20
19 One Night
20 Battleships
21 Happy
22 Baby One More Time
23 Flowers In The Window
24 The Humpty Dumpty Love Song
25 Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Kristo
aayla Posted: 11-11-07 9:08
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Well...what can I say?

This show was just as amazing as the one you gave at the Sports Palace, but I think this one was lovely because it was closer. You were connected with us in a very nice way, I know you can't see each one of us, but it feels like that and it's great!

I loved that Rocky intro again, but this time was perfect because when Fran showed up I was holding his arm!!! hehe!!!

Once more I say: Thanks for everything guys! You're fantastic! You will always be my fave band!!!

I hope you come back soon as you promissed.
We will be waiting for you because WE LOVE YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!

=D Hugs & Kisses =D

marilu Posted: 12-11-07 1:23
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Hey, our body still hurts, lol. It was a gr8 concert, we sang, shouted, jump, kept silence, shh!!!! Thank u for coming back so soon. Thanks for the water too, :P. Keep rockin and happy holidays! See u next year.
Love,
Marilu & Emiliano
Junnueth Posted: 12-11-07 2:03
Wow!! I can't describe what this band and this concert means to me... When i heard u would be back so soon i was really excited! i could not wait 4 u guys to come. The concert was awesome, you really rock!! I almost cried When Fran sang Twenty without a mic,Fran.. you have an amazing voice and I admire your energy in every song, you really transmit your emotions to all of us. I'll be waiting for your new CD and for a new visit.
I just want to say THNX THNX THNX for a gr8 concert we'll see you soon!!
elisaortiz_celticfc Posted: 12-11-07 2:52
+6 Votes Login To Vote
It's the first time I attend to two concerts of the same band in a year and I'm glad that awesome band was TRAVIS. This time the band played in a smaller place than Sports Palace but it helped to make a very special connection between TRAVIS and the fans. One of the greatest moments of this show was when Fran Healy sang "20" without microphone. I was far from the stage (I couldn't arrive early to the show because I had class at university in the afternoon... and that class is my favorite one; I felt between the wall [my class and my teacher] and the sword [TRAVIS]) but I didn't miss a thing. I hope to see this great band very soon again... A Message to Fran, Doug, Neil and Andy: Thanks for coming to MEXICO! You're welcome anytime you want. CELTIC FC RULES!!!
genia_gvan Posted: 12-11-07 7:40

WOW! That gig was really wonderful! People was singing and jumping, we were so happy, I think everyone think the same! Well I had an incredible night and I have to thank you guys for making that night so special, so unique and so wonderful as it was. I really enjoyed to be there, singing, screaming, laughing (sometimes) and trying to dance between all those boys and girls around me! When the show started and Fran was such in front of me and some guys I was so excited!! I couldn't touch him, but I just saw him so near, so smiley... I think he was happy, and made happy everyone there.
I loved Fran and his experiment with "20", really was so spectacular! what a beautiful voice!!!
Again "Side" was so wonderful, and I really loved "One night"!
I really missed Back in black, but it was great anyway!
Was really really great, I'm still excited, I love to remember how wonderful it was... well I was really tired the next day, but Travis really worth my foot ache (jiji).

Thank you TRAVIS! and I hope you felt so excited and happy as I felt, and I'll be waiting for you again the next year! I really love TRAVIS more and more! =) I'm so happy!:.Gen.:
damon Posted: 12-11-07 5:52
+3 Votes Login To Vote
---damon (a.k.a. mostazo)--- again writting to reach them, thankful to my cousin for borrowing Travis ticket, again 5:30 in the morning, fighting with my blankets to let me go, and start a travisday, no words to say the incridible impression of andy's solos, i must say that i thank andy for listening, and i believe a speacial favour when i ask him to do the all i want to do is rock solo on me, and he did it, he went straight were i was, came on me & my friends, such a sweatty but also such a personalty, couldn't describe what i felt when i was carrying him upon my shoulders, and playing his guitar, wow when he stood up on the barrieres and played his guitar, awesome.

Wow also when fran played acoustic "20", he shows once again how capable is on the vocals, incredible,

ps. Thanks to NICK for going straight to me & giving me the andy's setlist, the pic, the water and taking andy's pedal board pic, you rock man !!!,

Thanks to all the mates (groupies like me) standing next to me, the faboulus time we had togheter, i hope we see again,

cheers, best regards & greeting to Travis, for making this year so speacial playing twice for me , and andy for being on me twice on all i want to do is rock solo---

...CHEERS TO ANYONE WHO ENJOYS AND LIVES SUCH MOMENTS LIKE THOSE...
uliari Posted: 14-11-07 8:41
Finally it’s Friday, it buys my tickets two weeks ago, to completes hour I called to a friend who accompanies me to the concert, she says Ok, but she cannot arrive after the 6, I accept that, I thought to be in the hall to 7, but the good one of my friend, call me and says that arrived later? later? she are at the 7:45, that is very very late, you know? , holy god, we were late, (damn it is because it finishes with my girlfriend) in short, we left Toluca at the 7:50, for God’s sake, Arrived at DF at the 9:10, it’s a sin, finally and after long time we arrived at the hall, we run to see if the show had begun, luckily we reached when travis are playing half Selfish Jean, I lost the entrance but after that, everything begun to look better, although god was something unjust cuz since to have tickets 4-5 we were stuck to a side and not in front of the band, in short, arrived the songs, Pipe dreams, yea! My favorite song, Closer I was something sad because that was the song of my ex girlfriend, driftwood, another one of my favorite songs, soon fran dedicates 20 to all what we are 19 years old, excellent, soon they plays rain, and it’s left me tired of the legs to jump as much and aphonic of as much singing but in spite of it, it was the best concert in these year, but I know, the next year will be better, when they come back I’ll be waiting for them
uliari Posted: 14-11-07 8:42
Finally it’s Friday, it buys my tickets two weeks ago, to completes hour I called to a friend who accompanies me to the concert, she says Ok, but she cannot arrive after the 6, I accept that, I thought to be in the hall to 7, but the good one of my friend, call me and says that arrived later? later? she are at the 7:45, that is very very late, you know? , holy god, we were late, (damn it is because it finishes with my girlfriend) in short, we left Toluca at the 7:50, for God’s sake, Arrived at DF at the 9:10, it’s a sin, finally and after long time we arrived at the hall, we run to see if the show had begun, luckily we reached when travis are playing half Selfish Jean, I lost the entrance but after that, everything begun to look better, although god was something unjust cuz since to have tickets 4-5 we were stuck to a side and not in front of the band, in short, arrived the songs, Pipe dreams, yea! My favorite song, Closer I was something sad because that was the song of my ex girlfriend, driftwood, another one of my favorite songs, soon fran dedicates 20 to all what we are 19 years old, excellent, soon they plays rain, and it’s left me tired of the legs to jump as much and aphonic of as much singing but in spite of it, it was the best concert in these year, but I know, the next year will be better, when they come back I’ll be waiting for them
bren_mullen Posted: 20-11-07 4:59
i´m so happy cause you´re so happy!! yeah!!
gonzalozada Posted: 06-12-07 7:40
+3 Votes Login To Vote
Siento decirlo, pero como nadie ha reconocido algo que creo importante, tendré que adoptar el papel que para muchos va a resultar molesto. Hasta ahora nadie ha dicho algo que, a pesar de la gran experiencia que será siempre ver y oír a TRAVIS en vivo, es para mí muy significativo. Ahí va: este concierto estuvo padre, padrísimo si quieren, pero ¿a poco soy el único que piensa que no le llegó ni a los talones al del 2 de agosto en el P. de los Deportes? Sí, sí, todo súper y lo que sea, pero me gustaría que este mensaje sirva no para molestar, sino para reconocer aún más lo que una banda puede hacer por su público: lo que hicieron el 2 de agosto fue, como Fran lo dijo (recuerden eso de: "Nosotros somos los que deberíamos pagar boleto por estar aquí con ustedes"), casi un tributo de TRAVIS a sus fans de México, quien lo vivió lo sabe aunque no lo diga, quien no pudo ir pues ya ni modo. Aquel fue, desde mi humilde percepción, uno de los grandes conciertos que se han tocado en este país, a nivel de cualquiera, por el grado de entrega de ambas partes, por la emoción que llegó a rozar en el delirio, por la duración, el Set-list (¡Dios mío, el Set-list!), en fin... algo digno de presumirle a cualquier ciudad en el mundo. (Y ya sé que esto no es necesario, pero un poco de egoísmo no hace daño.) Lo que quiero decir es: éste (Vive Cuervo), fue un buen concierto; aquel (P. de los Dep.), fue la más sublime de las experiencias... y estoy seguro de que ellos están de acuerdo.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US