Travis

Saturday, November 17, 2007
Moore, Seattle, WA, US

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 23 Upload Photo

Reviews: 7 Post Review
MemphisQueen Posted: 18-11-07 8:42
GREAT gig! Lots of energy and excitement - thanks to the venue allowing people to leave their seats and rush the stage. A good crowd was standing, dancing, and singing along.

I didn't get a set list this time; so I can't post that....but we did get 20 Unplugged and Baby One More Time. Never can complain about that!

Also, I was surprised (but excited) to hear Beautiful Occupation - it takes balls to play that song in the US at this point, but, as Fran so aptly pointed out, they are having lots of sex; therefore, they have balls that work....

Great to put faces with names *waves* hi guys! See ya another gig real soon!
mozman68 Posted: 18-11-07 6:16
Ahhhh...rushing the stage...worked out well except I got separated from the wife.

Seats in a theater really put a damper on the excitement in the crowd...but at least those that wanted to get up front had a chance.

Great to hear some songs I hadn't heard in a while and the band was gracious as always after the show signing autographs and taking pictures. Fran was even kind enough to show pictures of his son on his iPhone....what other band would do that.

Definitely worth flying more than 2000 miles...just wish I could see the rest of the shows like some others....enjoy, but they promised to be back next year!!
bridieboy Posted: 18-11-07 6:39
What a brilliant, brilliant show - one of those that leaves you buzzing for ages afterwords! The type off show that after a year in which had seen Wilco, Arcade Fire, The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Magic Numbers and gone to Coachella for the first time, made me think that this show was as special and magical as any. I certainly haven't seen any band as fun,interactive or engaging as Travis in a long time. My girlfriend who came with me not knowing the band apart from a couple of songs was similarly blown away and commented on the charisma of the band , their enjoyment in playing, how much they smiled and what a great front-man Fran is. Highlights for me were Fran playing "Twenty" without mic or amplification at the front of the stage, "Flowers in the Window" done acoustically with everyone huddled round Fran (both lump in your throat moments) and killer versions of "As You Are" , "Turn" and "Pipe Dreams". I should mention I am a more casual Travis fan and that I probably wouldn't have gone to the show (having already seen them in the sunshine at Coachella) unless I had met Dougie and stage manager Paul in the George and Dragon pub watching the Scotland vs Italy game on the morning of the gig. Paul, if you read this, thanks very much for putting on the guest list. We all had a magic time.
TriScot Posted: 19-11-07 11:40
Thank you Fran and Co. After missing you 4 times now I was ELATED when you came down aisle 2 right to my friend and I who were in row way at the back, seats 1 & 2. Thanks for the hug and the kiss!! What a way to FINALLY be able to see you guys! You made this Scot in Seattle's weekend for sure! Cannot wait till you come back.

Thanks again.
jlfpgrillo Posted: 20-11-07 1:46
Great Show!!! This is the set list:
1. Selfish Jean
2. Eyes Wide Open
3. Writing to Reach You
4. Love will Come Through
5. Re-Offender
6. As you Are
7. My Eyes
8. Pipe Dreams
9. Beautiful Occupation
10.Side
11.Driftwood
12.Good Feeling
13.Closer
14.Sing
15.All I Want To Do Is Rock
16.Turn
***Encore***
17.Twenty
18.Baby One More Time
19.Flowers in the Window
20.Why Does It Always Rain on Me?

I hope you will come back soon!!!
ElspethOllie Posted: 20-11-07 4:18
4:37 pm: I stood outside the Moore for five minutes after my cousin dropped me off. It was cold. All of the sudden a black SUV pulls up next to the sidewalk where I'm standing and someone hops out and quickly runs over to the sidewalk. It's Carla, and her husband John. John pulled away to park the car, while Carla and I wait by the theater. Ten minutes later when John comes back, we start walking to the Cheesecake Factory, which is 8 blocks away. When we get there, the host told us that the wait would be 80 minutes. So, that idea was quickly ditched.
We walked back to the Moore. Right before we cross the street that would put us right in front of the theater, I spotted a familiar face. I yell, "SAMURAISANDY?!" And Sandy stops in the middle of the street. After we realize that this probably isn't the best place to stop, we went to the sidewalk and introduced ourselves. I met her, her sister Mary (MinnesotaMary) and their other friend who's name I'm blanking on... eek. Carla, John and I, go to a Japanese restaurant close to the venue and sit down for dinner. Good quality getting to know you time that was. Great food, poor service. Afterwards it was back to the venue, where we stood in line. Carla commented on the boardie who was going to road trip the west coast. About five minutes later we realize that the woman who we were talking about was standing in line next to us, because she commented that she had been to the show last night. In a complete repeat from the earlier episode with Sandy, I say, "Are you MemphisQueen?" Hooray, another boardie! Our boardie group started to come back together when Sandy and her posse returned from dinner. About 5 minutes before the venue was schedule to open, I spot Moz walking towards us, and I go to give him a hug. Everyone else gave introductions and we were set.
The venue opened and I quickly got in line for the merch. I think I was the only one to get a Maximo Park shirt. MemphisQueen (Christine) and I realized that with our balcony tickets it would be hard to get on the floor. There were attendants at each entrance. I heard the opening riffs of "Girls Who Play Guitars," And my heart started to sink. Just as I was considering taking my assigned balcony seat, I noticed that the attendant was away from the door. When I pointed it out to MemphisQueen, she quickly dashed in. I hesitated, and went in after her. We saw the attendant walking back up the aisle so we grabbed the nearest seats. Uh oh, if the attendant sat someone in our seats, then we'd be shit outta luck. I noticed that the stage had a little standing area around it, but no one had abandoned their seats. Slowly but surely people started to trickle up to the front. Paul, the lead singer of The Park said, "Uh, you guys can come and stand here, I don't think it's against the law." At that moment I literally, jumped over three people, and hauled ass down the aisle. I ended up hugging the stage in between the middle and the left side. I had my Frougie spot. MemphisQueen quickly followed, but had to leave to go retrieve our abandoned stuff (coats, purses, cameras).
I had done a little research on Maximo Park before the gig, so I knew a lot of their songs. I noticed they hadn't played the only song I knew of their's yet so while Paul was saying his goodnights I yelled, "OUR VELOCITY!" He turns to me and said, "Did someone just say...?" I repeated myself again and he said, "Yeah, I heard you the first time... this is one is called 'Our Velocity,' Goodnight!"
The boys put on an amazing show, as always. I was delighted to hear many tunes, I had not heard before including, Re-Offender, Pipe Dreams, The Beautiful Occupation, and ...Baby One More Time.
All of the boardies quickly reassembled outside the venue after the show to wait for the band. Andy was first. Then Fran. Fran was kind enough to take a boardie picture with all of us. He even showed us pictures of Clay, who by the way, is a very beautiful boy. Fran checked out my tats and signed my, "Healy my Payne." Sadly, I missed Neil. Dougie came out last, and took a boardie picture with us as well. He laughed when I showed him my shirt, and said that he had spotted it on the board. He pulled me in for multiple hugs. After the guys left, I said my goodbyes to the boardies.

To everyone (Sandy, Mary, Karen?, Carla, John, Mark, Beth, Christine) I had an amazing time with all of you. You all are amazing, kind people. Hopefully it won't be the last time we cross paths.

Lads, thanks for an amazing show.

You know, to tell you the truth, I can't decide if I was more excited about meeting boardies, or seeing TRAVIS again.
tphillips08 Posted: 20-11-07 4:31
This was definitely a quality show...and it was on my birthday, so it was probably the best birthday present I could have asked for!

Maximo Park was a great opener - they put on a good show. And Travis was obviously amazing, as always. I only wish there had been more room in front for standing so I could have gotten a little closer. But the show was still glorious. Thanks, Travis! Come back, soon!!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US