Dalby Forest, North York Moors, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 121 Upload Photo

Reviews: 16 Post Review
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted: 24-06-07 10:47
Re-offender!
squatepantz Posted: 24-06-07 11:04
+1 Votes Login To Vote
we got off to a late start as the gig was delayed for some reason, but from the start 'juno falls' (irish solo singer) took us in hand and had us all singing for scrapps.. well freebie cd's and the 'Harrisons' (early eighties punk/rock?) had us all doing the 'Churchill'...think exitable nodding dogs, oh yesh ;-)
then for the main event, cue the Rocky anthem.. 'dah dah da da da...'

thanks guys, from the 'Rocky' entrance to the final handshake... awesome!

top show from a top band, top marks x

p.s. Fran if you ever read this i must appologise for the missus grabbing yer ass... :)
kim2007w Posted: 24-06-07 12:42
From Kent to North Yorkshire, one brilliant gig, with Travis walking through the crowd dressed in silk dressing gowns to the sound of Rocky music, jumping onto the stage and playing some good old favourites, great atmosphere and music, everyone real happy and then back home again, 19 hour round trip, arriving home at 5 in morning and well worth it.
bigdaz Posted: 24-06-07 12:50
just got up after last nights gig with a mega hangover.Well done lads that was top class the best ever.The rocky bit was pure geniusan so was the flying condom !I bought the tickets for our wedding anniversary and they were worth every penny.Bought the t shirt and the mug.Everyone out there go and see travis they are totaly superb.thanks again boys for the best wedding anniversary ever one me and the missus will never forget hope to see you again soon !!!
Hodgy Posted: 24-06-07 1:55
Another great moment was the actual drive down trough the woods to get to the field where the gig was on because as I was driving down I could hear the band soundchecking, and as I drove into the field there they were on stage playing '3 Times You Lose' - quality!!!
adderstone Posted: 24-06-07 3:15
-1 Votes Login To Vote
Been to five gigs @ dalby and travis best one! 2 mums and 2 teens had a fab night. loved the rocky entrance and loved jumping up at the end. Dalby is a great place for a concert( especially to see travis!) Thanks for a great time.
taniayork Posted: 24-06-07 4:23
-1 Votes Login To Vote
It had been raining heavily in Sunderland before we set off for the gig so I called in advance to check it was still on. But when we arrived at Dalby Forest it was surprisingly very sunny which was great! Unfortunately after the drive the only veggie food were burgers cooked on the same grill as the meat.

Enjoyed both the support acts and managed to get quite near the stage before Travis came on (near enough to watch a football flying past the back of the stage which I think was their warmup!).

After their Rocky style entrance, Travis played a mixture of old and new songs with the usual great energy. Dougie smiled so much during the concert, Andy moved around a lot when playing guitar with his nice stripey sleeved shirt on, Fran played great acoustic guitar (especially on the twelve string taylor), Claus played a great solo, and Neil's drumming kept it all together. It was a different set from the last gig we saw in Newcastle a month ago which I thought was really good and kept it fresh. I particularly enjoyed the Humpty Dumpty love song and jumping around to Why Does it Always Rain On Me. I sang along to all of the songs (I hope not too loudly for the other people there!).

Bought a great umbrella with Rain on Me written on it afterwards.

Witnessed some random acts of selfishness at the gig which I will send in for the Selfish Jean website!

Thanks to Travis for a great night!
Somewhere Else Posted: 24-06-07 4:31
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Love love love the Forrest Gig :-)..Yes , arrived to soundcheck of Selfish Jean , the sun came out at the same time and I tell you , God couldn’t have planned it better! Great venue , fantastic support Bands and when Travis came on …Phwor what Class!! They are like cheese . They just get better and better and better . The 6000 crowd just absolutely loved them and they knew it! .Great setlist with Re offender and Humpty Dumpty in it. This gig was particularly mesmorising , can’t explain , just so cool and like surgeons they were so accurate! Great atmosphere with balloons and everyone singing (singing before and during) and Fran came and shook hands with the crowd. My Highlight- I got Dougies Plectrum ! So chuffed :-) it just landed on my coat ….Shared taxi with 4 girls who were there for the whole w/e and they were knocked out with Travis and we sang all the way home together ..I want a DVD , I‘ve got withdrawal !. Come on guys , lets have a DVD!!!!
radioclyde261 Posted: 24-06-07 6:23
+2 Votes Login To Vote
We got to Dalby Forest at 4pm to make sure we got in early doors. The waiting around paid off though - as soon as I got on the field, I power walked to the stage, and clung to the railings for dear life. My fiancé, attending his first ever live gig, followed me shortly, and we never moved all night.

I thought Miles was really courageous and did a really good job considering it was only his 3rd gig, and he had a beautiful voice. Didn't manage to catch a free CD though!

I thought the drummer for The Hamiltons was excellent, and they were on the whole, an excellent warm up to the main event.

From the moment the lads stepped on stage, I was entranced. I was hoping Fran would spot my Radio Clyde 261 t shirt, but I don't think he did as the barrier was too high (I'm only 5 foot 1). But i got loads of excellent photo's and had one of the best nights of my life.

Particular high points -
People blowing up balloons and playing crowd volleyball with them before the guys came on - so funny.
My Fiancé not expecting Andy to be so lively and thinking he was gonna pass out and fall off the stage!
Andy and Fran climbing on their amps.
The crowd creaming 'Claus Claus Claus' during 'Good Feeling'

At the end, Fran got off the stage to give his set list to a littlen in the crowd, and I managed to shake his hand before he left. (Didn't want to let go - sorry if I scared you Fran :-))

Thanks guys, for a truly memorable night, and for making my fiancé's first gig special. x
Girlwithnoname Posted: 24-06-07 8:18
Thanks guys for a brilliant gig.
You know how to put a smile on 5000 peoples faces and it did not rain (amazing)
Loved the dressing gowns,the rocky entrance is even more impressive at an outdoor gig.
I gave the biggest cheer when Fran introduced Battleships,that made my day hearing that live.
Hey Fran we were stood near the policemen and they did pogo as you requested!
Travis on the radio all the way home what a night!
Louise Posted: 25-06-07 10:04
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Wow.....another fantastic Travis show in a great setting, well done everyone for a superb night

Great support as usual at Travis gigs from Miles O'Reilly (Juno Falls) and Harrisons, both well recieved in my area of crowd.

Quick question, when did Nick (Andy's guitar tech) get an afro do? amazing curls.......nice style

Brilliant entrance in the silk Rocky robes. Dougie's shiny pink trainers just set them off nicely :-)

Set list spot one, Re-Offender was back hurrah! Humpty Dumpty back double hurrah! only downer for me was no Happy :-( which I did yell out for in encore when it was quiet.

Had a great spot down front left side by Dougie at front barrier(as is usual for me @ Travis gigs)

The amp climb during AIWDIR looked quite precarious but Andy surpassed himself yet again.

Lots of happy, bouncing, throughly satisfied people around us by end of the gig.

Great show boys xxx

Klaus, Klaus, Klaus, Klaus, Klaus, Klaus
sarahward Posted: 25-06-07 11:34
+1 Votes Login To Vote
my first travis show and it was absolutely fantastic.i have been a fan of travis for a few years so i was over the moon when i heard they were coming to dalby,the two support acts were really good,and when travis arrived on stage after making their way through the audience i was hysterical,it was so fantastic to see them in the flesh,fran and dougie were gorgeous,it was a fantastic show,the best night ever,well done lads,u blew us all away,hope to see you live again!
headbangingbabe Posted: 25-06-07 8:27
WOW - I was blown away on Saturday night - after leaving a flooded Teesside the sun was shining on Dalby Forest and Travis were just AMAZING.

The gig was well organised and the atmosphere was electric.

THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT - CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN !!!!

NeilB Posted: 25-06-07 9:38
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Caroline & I got there early, before 11am! (Previous experience of U2 and Chili Peppers). We were first in the queue, got rained on - YES it did rain at Dalby!! and heard the soundcheck. We met kim2007 in the queue and we all got to the barrier together. Everything about the day was perfect - the weather, the walk on to Rocky, My Eyes and Turn. The band looked like they were enjoying it as much as the crowd. Dougie you are a top man - I have never seen anybody so happy all the way throu a gig and full marks for you climbing the band stand when I told you to join the other two - yes it was me and you did it !!!!
First time I have seen Travis, it will not be the last; see you on the next tour. P.S. Thanks for your album dedication to Richard Burns - met him once - top man and a tragic loss.
hutchy99 Posted: 26-06-07 9:11
Fantastic gig all the way from Selfish Jean to Rain on Me. Half expected the gig to be off as the A19 was that full of water, really glad it wasn't. Excellent set with most of our favourites. Third time we've seen you (me and the missus) but this time we had our daughter and she was so impressed she bought the t shirt. Right next to Fran (just off the barrier) in prime spot. We're still grinning now, can't wait for next time. By the way Dougie my daughter still wants your trainers. Can't wait til next time. Has anybody got a set list as i need to burn a disc for the car.

cheers guy

hutchy the grinning fool
shezza3105 Posted: 18-07-07 4:29
travis you were fantastic at dalby. made my year to hear re-offender live
flowers in the window was cool
thanks for a fantastic night
will be seeing you again!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK