Monday, July 16, 2007
9:30 Club, Washington, DC, US

View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 69 Upload Photo

Reviews: 19 Post Review
soniahearttravis Posted: 17-07-07 3:31
+1 Votes Login To Vote
sadly i wasn't "AT" the show, but i listened to the npr podcast (thank God for NPR and their great taste in music!!)--having seen philly and the first NYC show, which were both outstanding, i must say i'm jealous of the DC crowd that got 20% more fran dougie andy and neil (2 1/2 hours!), not to mention a rockin' version of back in black! if you missed it, go download the entire show from npr.org or itunes.
iaing Posted: 17-07-07 4:35
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Was at the 9.30 this evening and also at the showcase the boys did this afternoon in Annapolis. All in all an absolutely awesome day.
I will now apologise about the comment I made at the show this evening...
Fran- it just slipped out.... Sorry, I didn't mean to tell you to stop moaning after the electric shock... you'll understand when the boy gets older....stuff sort of slips out.
Excellent set.
Next time don't stay away so long.
Heroboy Posted: 17-07-07 7:07
WOW, what a fantastic show. I wish I'd known it was going to be webcast on NPR, I'd have found a way to record it. (BTW, if anyone has the broadcast or knows where I can get it, it would totally ROCK if you contacted me, I'm dying to get ahold of it).
And closing with BACK IN BLACK!?!?! What a treat! Whoever suggested this (all I know is someone in the crowd shouted it), YOU ROCK.

Travis have yet to disappoint me. My favorite live band, hands down.
selfishtheo Posted: 17-07-07 9:10
I go to a LOT of concerts, and this one had me more excited than I've been since 2001, when Travis played a set at the 9:30 Club in Washington DC shortly after Sept. 11th (a show in which they promised they'd always return to the U.S., and, boy, did they ever!). I was dancing, jumping, and singing far too much to write a setlist, so if anyone's got one, please post it (I vividly remember all of the songs, but my order is not quite right). Here's a question for anyone who's reading this: what was the song that Fran sang solo after the encore break? I'd call it "Thirteen", but I hadn't heard it before, and I'd like to hear the history behind it.
smtymagoo Posted: 17-07-07 12:20
Amazing show! Even better than Philly. Wow are they tight on this tour. I saw Andy eying up the balcony before AIWTDIR and i was thinking....He's not really going all the way up?!? Normally He just hits up the speaker or on top of the Orange double stack... It was sick! To answer the solo song question. The song is called '20' It's an old b-side. Fran always says he wrote it when he was 19 going on 20 because it is such a big change leaving your teens. He played it pretty much every show in the 98-00 tours. Not much since til the Philly show last week. hit me up and I can get you a few versions of it.
bosco2085 Posted: 17-07-07 12:27
Wow, what a show! I've been addicted to the new album and it was great to hear so many songs from it. The boys really rocked the 9:30 Club last night. I wish I'd also known about the NPR broadcast...wish I had the whole show recorded to relive a great night. It was at least night to see the slide show on their site set to Selfish Jean. I'm still in a daze after such a great set.
browneyedpiper Posted: 17-07-07 2:11
Absolutely fantastic show!!! I saw them in 2001 also and they are getting even better with age. One thing I always remembered about the show in '01 was Fran and the lads' humour. They were in fantastic form last night. Almost like half concert-half comedy show. Was well pleased that they played some stuff off of the first record. 'Good Feeling' and 'All I want to do is Rock' were great surprises. And let's not forget the impromptu 'Back in Black'!!! To one of the previous posters, the first song of the encore, though I don't know the title, is a hidden track on the 'The Man Who' US release CD. I'm sure it was also a UK B-side as well. Three great bonus tracks on that record, just keep your cd playing after 'Slide Show'. Cheers to the band and all of us who were there, those of you who weren't, make sure you see them next time. And remember 'If it's no Scottish it's Shite!!!'
soccrspz Posted: 17-07-07 2:12
+1 Votes Login To Vote
NPR has the whole show online http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11910318
click "Listen" at the top!
Thanks guys for an amazing evening, hands down one of the best shows I've ever seen!
LME2005 Posted: 17-07-07 3:43
Awesome awesome show last night. It was nice to have you guys back in town after so long (2003 anyone?) You all seemed so happy and excited to be with us and playing with each other, and the crowd responded in kind. The energy at least up front where we were, was awesome. Although please don't let Andy climb up to the balcony when he's had that many beverages again, I really didn't think he was going to make it.

Thanks for chatting with everyone afterwards as well, we'll totally try and catch kelly's new movie with the Coen brother's now. Come back to DC soon!
writingandreaching Posted: 17-07-07 4:37
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I'm not quite sure how to put this. I've had a rocky, rough couple of years and for a good two hours last night, all of my troubles were checked at the door. Sometimes "sounds" just "sound" right; what Travis did last night was offer large, group musical therapy to a lot of tired, worn-out souls. I felt like I was in a trance, and knew I wasn't alone. Looking into the crowd, feeling the band's energy just pulsating throughout the venue - I can't even begin to describe how intense - how important - that made us feel. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please come back soon.

Fav's last night:

* Writing to Reach You
* All I Want to do is Rock
* Flowers in the Window
* Love Will Come Through
* Turn
* My Eyes
* You know what? F-it, the whole show.
seanandcal Posted: 17-07-07 8:00
Great show, to bad I had to leave early to meet a friend at the airport. Did manage to catch some footage of everyone yelling at Klaus though.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6919008096593179809
UnderTheMoonlight Posted: 17-07-07 11:33
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Wow. I have always wanted to say this. After waiting many years, I finally saw my first Travis show last night. I had high expectations after following the boys for such a long time and they did not disappoint! I thought the set list was awesome. I especially loved hearing "20" live, as it's always been a favorite of mine. I also loved that Fran acknowledged the fact that they had 100+ songs and could be there all night. Let me tell you, I would pay good money to attend that concert! I have never seen a band that had such fun together. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil for putting on such a great show. Also a big thank you to their families and friends for sharing them with us. I can't imagine the strain of being away from home for so long, but I love that you all make such a sacrifice. Your music means a great deal to all of us.
ciwolff Posted: 18-07-07 12:00
WOW !! Great show, never had so much fun at a concert. I was the guy who gave Fran the DC Nationals hat, if anyone has a pic of him wearing it please e-mail me @ ciwolff@verizon.net. I would love to have him sign a copy of the print. Cheers.
wthspirit Posted: 18-07-07 1:31
All I can say is WOWWOWWEEEE!!!! What a show! Definitely the best concert I've been too in a long time! Thank you for all the joy and fun. Tell Dougie to stop flirting with people in the audience... no, nevermind, I actually really liked seeing his flirty fun smiles (I was the red head near the stage), and boy, do your hips have a way with a guitar!! (Grin!!!)

Thanks again for all the love and great times!

Love!

~ Pamela
dosplytp Posted: 19-07-07 4:26
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Like everyone else has already said, the show at the 9:30 club was absolutely phenomenal. I brought my mother and father with me to see the "best live band ever". So a big thanks to Dougie, Andy, Neil, and Fran, for allowing a son rock out to why does it always on me while doing the pogo with his mom and dad. Hopefully I can make it to Atlanta!!
nairb75 Posted: 20-07-07 1:32
I had a great time at my first Travis show. The band was very solid. Fan sounded great. If you'd like to listen to the entire show, go to this website and click listen. Also has the full set list. Enjoy!

[url]http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_directory.php[/url]
fhuisclos1944 Posted: 20-07-07 6:41
What an amazing, energetic, passionate, inspiring show, from start to end! Travis was brilliant and I would have willingly stayed for a few more hours, especially to hear 2 songs that I wished they would have played--"Beautiful Occupation" (it would have been very appropos in DC) and "One Night." Among the numerous highlights for me were the rocking first song, "Selfish Jean," "Battleships," "My Eyes," "Sing," "All I Want to Do is Rock" and "Good Feeling." I first heard of Travis in Paris in 2001, after listening to "Sing" in a taxi. I became hooked. Six years later, to be able to see the band live in great form, and to get to meet them post-show (and discover their kindness and appreciation of their fans)represents a full circle for me--and of course, "the circle only has one side." Thank you for what you do, Travis, and please keep on rockin.
Fran Posted: 23-07-07 9:05
+2 Votes Login To Vote
OHHHHH DC DC DC check yourselves out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEJ7SOgkD4Q

What a night, what a tour!!! This is crazyyyyyy...
theninth Posted: 29-07-07 2:48
A complete act of UNselfishness happened at this show. I'm short. I was desperately trying to see ANYTHING when a very nice (very tall) guy said I could stand in front of him. If that was anyone here, I thank you SO much. This was one of the best shows I've ever been to -- performance and audience-wise.

Setlist:
Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
Writing To Reach You
Love Will Come Through
As You Are
My Eyes
Big Chair
Pipe Dreams
Re-Offender
Side
Driftwood