Travis

Sunday, November 25, 2007
Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 36 Upload Photo

Reviews: 9 Post Review
tdfrosty Posted: 26-11-07 2:43
-2 Votes Login To Vote
The show began to the theme of Rocky. Fran, Dougie, Neil and Andy entered through the back of the venue dressed like boxers. It was cool watching them make there way through the crowd to the stage. They started off with Selfish Jean. The set was a cornucopia of great music. The crowd was smaller than I expected it would be. I have been waiting to see Travis live for 7 years. It was well worth the wait, but I hope they come back much sooner. I was upset I didn't sneak a camera in like the 30 people around me. If anyone would like to share their pictures or videos please let me know. I have been to many great shows and this one is right up there with the best.
MemphisQueen Posted: 26-11-07 4:39
Another great gig. Venue was changed from an "in the round" place to a standing room only joint, which I think is better. While I don't know if my first time ever hearing Blue Flashing Light can be eclipsed (see HOB 24Nov07), the band tried their best to raise the bar!

-Selfish Jean
-Eyes Wide Open
-Writing to Reach You
-Love will Come Thru
-Re-Offender
-As You Are
-My Eyes
-Pipe Dreams
-Beautiful Occupation
-Side
-Driftwood
-Good Feeling
-Closer
-Sing
-All I wanna do is Rock
-Turn

E: 20 - unplugged
E: Flowers in the Window
E: 3 Times and You Lose
E: Battleships
E: BLUE FLASHING LIGHT --> Slideshow!!
E: Why Does it Always Rain on Me?
UnderTheMoonlight Posted: 26-11-07 6:34
+1 Votes Login To Vote
The show was absolutely incredible. I don’t know what I did to deserve such a great evening. Front row, center, hearing “20” completely unplugged with Fran so close to me, the constant and lovely smiles, winks, and hip-shaking from Dougie, and Andy’s guitar solo during “As You Are” on his knees up front. “Slide Show” was a beautiful and wonderful surprise. “Turn” was especially amazing (thanks for the pick, Fran), and “Why Does It Always Rain on Me” was great- just listening to the crowd at the end. The boys were gracious enough to come outside and sign our things after the show, even though I am sure they are exhausted and ready for a vacation. I had 100 questions to ask them that were legitimate and interesting, yet all of those seemed to go out the window when I saw them… Perhaps next time. I’m sure they can’t quite understand our love and interest in them, but they seem to appreciate our crazy adoration. Never a more humble, sweet and talented bunch of guys will you find!
AZJackster Posted: 26-11-07 8:46
+1 Votes Login To Vote
This was my first Travis show and it was quite a moving experience for me. This was one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen in my life. I truly didn’t want it to end The opening band, Maximo Park, was very good, but a bit heavy for this crowd. Nobody danced for them. The crowd certainly came to life when Travis hit the stage. I particularly liked when Fran explained the meaning behind “My Eyes”. Enjoy your rest guys, but come back soon!
maya888 Posted: 27-11-07 2:42
This was my very first travis concert. I went by myself since none of my friends like Travis. But, it was totally worth it. Amazing concert. I loved every minute of it, nothing beats seeing and feeling Travis live.
miked2013 Posted: 27-11-07 5:37
This is the second time I've seen Travis this year and it was just as amazing. They played some different songs from the Dallas concert and it was great. Thank you guys for another wonderful show. I can't wait to see you guys again!!!
chaxes Posted: 30-11-07 2:32
I have been a serious fan of Travis since I saw the music video for "Sing" in my dormitory at the University of Delaware in 2001. When I found out that Tempe was a stop on this tour, I purchased a pair of tickets within minutes. I was so excited to be going to the show I didn't even realise that it was the same weekend that I was attending the Van Halen Reunion tour. I managed to cheer my head off at the Van Halen Concert Friday night, and thinking it was the best concert I had ever attended. Although I was suffering from a severely soar throat, nothing would stop me from attending the Travis concert. As the lights came back on after the band left the stage, I realised I had made a grand mistake! The performace that I witnessed by Travis BLEW the Van Halen concert out of the water! The performance at the show by Fran, Dougie, Andy, and Neil (Don't forget Clause!) was more than amazing. I think that the albums are perfect already but somehow the band manages to add to that perfection on the stage. Even with a hoarse voice I still managed to show my enthusiasm at the show and offer what was left of my voice! It has been 3 days now and I still haven't fully recovered from both the experience and the loss of speech! I hope that they come around to this area again very soon!
nicolaboyd Posted: 04-12-07 4:21
+1 Votes Login To Vote
10 YEARS!
10 years I've been trying to see these guys live. I'm from Wales and I started listening to them when Good Feeling came out in 97...could never manage to get to any festivals and such...so so happy to see them finally. And such nice guys, I just wanted to hug the stuffing out of them. Thank you guys, you're music is amazing and you sound so wonderful live.
LastTrain78 Posted: 19-12-07 3:08
Looking for the bloke that shouted about them not playing in AZ for "7 years." After the show you brought up to Fran about the last gig they played here and how his string broke during "20"...I remember that show too. I was there the same night when it happened and I didn't think anyone else remembered or was there to witness it. :)
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US