Travis

Sunday, November 04, 2007
Arena Santiago, Santiago, CL

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 213 Upload Photo

Reviews: 29 Post Review
rocio Posted: 05-11-07 4:08
maravilloso....

thanks thanks thanks for a wonderfull concert...... it was amazing....it was an incredible night....sound was excelent....set list was perfect.

come back soon!!!!!!!!(for a solo concert)

Lore Posted: 05-11-07 5:21
Thanks for coming and for being so nice with the fans... we hope to see you guys here again soon because you rock!!!

The setlist was perfect, and sorry about scaring you at the airport, Fran =)
medellia Posted: 05-11-07 1:52
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I felt last night was awesome! I have lost my voice!
During an hour and a half I was really happy. I guess you enjoyed as much as us.
Please, Come back!
chofita Posted: 05-11-07 3:14
I must say that was one of the best concerts i've been to...

i couldn't have asked for anything better! it was great having you in chile, and i'll be definetely attending the next one! thanks for coming!

heatcold Posted: 05-11-07 3:43
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Just WOW
it was such an amazing show Travis did, by far the very best of the evening. I sang every song they played, it was perfect, they had a great conection with the audience, even thought fran almost didnt say a word in spanish (it was almost all in english), we felt the conection and the charisma they have as a band. I only missed to listen to the famous cover "baby one more time", but I hope to listen to it next time. By the end, Fran asked if we would go to see them again but this time alone (not in a festival), and we all said "yes!!". So then he said they might return.. I`m really hoping they will come back!!

now let´s go to the setlist.. I`m not a 100% sure about the order in some parts, but these were the songs they played..

setlist:

selfish jean
eyes wide open
U16 girls
writing to reach you
love will come thru
as you are
my eyes
pipe dreams
beautiful occupation
side
driftwood
good feeling
closer
sing
all i want to do is rock
turn
flowers in the window
humpty dumpty
rain

it was a really sorprise to hear U16 girls, I didn´t see it coming, but I loved to hear it..

so.. please come back again, soon.. and all by yourself!.. you really were born to rock!!

cheers, Thanks for everything!

PD: claus! claus! claus!

pitapixcat Posted: 05-11-07 8:19
Guys…thanks for everything!

Sorry for the welcome at the airport

Perfect… Amazing
Missed to listen to the cover "baby one more time"…
Please come back again, soon..

Thanks for coming!
somewhere_else Posted: 05-11-07 8:54
The best!
I love you with all my heart!
I hope you come back very soon!
I feel so good then I saw you, really I feel like I were in the clouds!!
You are the best, a fantastic group!
I loved Sing, u16 Girls, Love Will Come throught, Beautigul occupation, Selfis Jean, Why Does It Always Rain On Me? ( obviously) Good Feeling( Klaus, Klaus, Klaus!!!), Closer, Selfish Jean and all your songs!

You are the best, really the best!!
Fantastic, I repeat I love you!!!
The next Time please play Somewhere Else and How Many Hearts!!
please come back!!!!
Carodu Posted: 05-11-07 11:26
Freaking amazing!!!
Awesome show!
I really loved it.
I wish you can come back someday soon.
thank you so much for a great performance!

andy, sorry if I pulled your arm to hard when you jumped on us! :P
magda_travisD Posted: 06-11-07 1:01
it was the best weekend of my life!
airport - Arena Santiago - Airport...

the first time at the airport we couldn't talk very much with them because of the many people who were there. We (TravisAdictos de Chile travisadictos.blogspot.com) gave Neil a chilean flag with some messages from us and we asked him to show it at the concert. that same day we went to the hotel and we sing with all our hearts for them! haha i don't think they could hear us.

the show was awesome, the sound was perfect, the songs were perfect, everything was perfect! (the chilean press said they were the best show of the night, and i'm agree)
and they showed the chilean flag !! we were so happy.
when they appear with those robes i was so exiting!
in why does it always rain on me we gave them a Scotish Umbrella haha and andy took it.
when the show finished i couldn't believe it! i've been expecting to their visit to chile since i was like ten years old!!
The set list was:
Senfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
U16 Girls
Writing To Reach You
Love Will Come Through
As You Are (my favorite and was EXCELENT)
My Eyes
Pipe Dreams
The Beautigul Occupation
Side
Driftwood
Good Feeling (great keyboards!)
Closer
Sing
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn
Flowers In The Window
Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

the second time at the airport we had the chance to talk a little more with Travis because we were only 10. I gave Fran a little guitar that i made months ago .. i hope he like it..

now i'm in my house... and i still can't believe it!

Y ESA ES MI REVIEW, CON SERIOS PROBLEMAS DE REDACCION E IDIOMA CREO...
my english sucks at the moment!
el_gemelito Posted: 06-11-07 12:34
let see..
chicos
simplemente fueron geniales
esos dias en Santiago me hicieron conocer gente demasiado genial.. masters of rockers!!! jajja.
Thanks a lot for the reason that you gave me to smile and rock all days long and for being such a good persons as you show that you are!!
you are just amazing!!!.... as I said almost all the time at the gig!!! you rock man!! hahhaa
thanks for your signatures on my shirt!!! weird thing eh? jejejeje. and for let us see you in the hotel and the airport for being so receptive with all the fans.
fran! sorry about that! i'm pretty sure that the most of the people there wasn't part of the travis fans here chile.. we planned things whit calm but some people screw it all! but unless i could say I'm sorry in person in the hotel xD...
Andy... man!!! you rock! you're just such a nice person, so calm and relax!!! chill out man!... and when you played the "as you are" solo.... hell yeah!!! just you showed how to do it!!! you are the man!!! as a friend of mine said... YOU'RE THE MASTER OF ROCKERS!!!
Neil! man...another one that just rocks! the gig's night you were fantastic, and in the hotel and the airport you were amazing with us! thanks a lot for the good memories in our heads, great musician but a better man!!!
And last.... Dougie! jajaja, you're such a joke! jajaja, you were fantastic... some girls around me were flirting with you (eh??... jejeje) but you're such a nice man! thanks for the gig, for give us the chance to see you and meet you as persons and not as "divos".

Well... I meet a lot of great people! travisadictos rocks men! you were such a nice persons too! and you know... anythin that you need, please let me know!

cheers
thanks for everything!
the chilean gig was fantastic
you were fantastic
your fans are all at the nine cloud!!
we reach the NIRVANA!!! jajaa

now we can die happy!!! =D
yuzuki Posted: 06-11-07 1:08
"Today is the day
For dancing and for singing
The birds in the tree and all
The bells are ringing
The sun in the sky
Is bright as bright as second light
Is bright oh God I hope Im alright
Cause Im gonna cry..."

Thanx you guys for coming to Chile and give us your amazing music.
The sound on the stage was simply perfect! And thanx for share with us in the airport and the hotel!

Guys, you always will have our love and sopport... always!
Maybe the fans can't describe very well the way that we feel right now, but is a Good feeling! really is! a goooood goooooood feeling!

Please come back to Chile very soon.
We'll wating for you... months, years, decades, all the time if is necesary, but please come back :)

Cheers!
And kisses for all the people the I meet the last 3 days! You roooooock!

I'm so happy...
selfishpam Posted: 06-11-07 3:01
AWSOME! Come back soon! We will be more at the airport! Hehe.
tachisco Posted: 06-11-07 3:12
genial!!!! o sea great!!only goods comments fot that great concert, thenks for give us a greatest sunday, thanks, thanks !!!! you are greats
Grande TRAVIS!!!!!
jfgl22 Posted: 06-11-07 3:50
Nov 3 2007

"FRAN PUT MY BEANIE ON"
After, I went to the van and we can talk (Neil, my and Fran), then Fran Said: "HEY JESUS, HOW YOU DOING MAN?, THIS IS FRAN FROM TRAVIS HAVING A LOVELY DAY IN SANTIAGO. WEE SEE TOMORROW"

Hey Fran! I am the guy of the beanie. Thanks for your words to my video camera. That day was so cool. Never I thought that I can to know you. I love your lovely voice and I'm think that you are a good person. Luck in all your ways, be good using your talent and money. I could'nt go to concert, it's difficult to explain, I waited that you come to Chile since a lot of time. So I hope that you can go again in 3 years, cos' I'm going out of the World for two years. I have to say something surprising to you, and give you something too. Take care, love!!.

Peace out!!

Jesus

jehsus@gmail.com
jtomas Posted: 06-11-07 11:31
-3 Votes Login To Vote
IT WAS AN EXCELLENT SHOW! I SANG ALL THE SONGS SPECIALLY ' MY EYES ' (SO GOOD)

ONLY THERE WAS ABSENT ' THE CAGE '..... MY FAVORITE SONG

PLEASE RETURN! WE NEED YOUR MUSIC HERE!
Kmy Posted: 07-11-07 2:52
it was incredibly, amazing...

You have to come back, but soon!!

so handsome, so nice, so easy-going

I really had the two happier days in all this year! ( the concert and the visit to the hotel)

Poulain Posted: 07-11-07 4:11
-1 Votes Login To Vote
It was AMAZING...come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need it :)
know_nothing Posted: 07-11-07 11:45
Guys, you really were AMAZING!
if I loved you before, I don't know how to describe te way I love you now!!!!!!
Some people told me that you received my flag...I can't believe that, I didn't realized that...I hope that you've read it, 'cause I really feel everything that I wrote.

Well...I only have to say that I want you to come and have a solo gig here!
I love you guys!
you were so nice and incredible...
luv ya' forever!
Nata
marce Posted: 10-11-07 12:01
The best show ever!!. i love you guys, you were the best of the night, i sing all his songs...i almost cry!!
For far the best was "sing" and "why does it always rain on me?".
The band, extremly fun, and i fall in love of Dougie Payne..really, jajajj.

My english sucks, but...detail.
Now, in spanish!
Lejos lo mejor!, Los amo demasiado, fueron lo mejor de la noche, cante todas sus canciones.
Las mejores fueron "sing" y "why does it always rain on me?".
Los tipos ultra simpaticos, y me encantó el bajista..en serioo!, jajajj
Mi ingles..horriblee, pero...detalle
Jesuu Posted: 10-11-07 2:01
Please come back, pleasee!
You're the best of the best
And I love you guys!
We're waiting for a second show :)
sigurros Posted: 12-11-07 3:18
IS IT JUST ME OR I HEARD FRAN SAY: "IF WE COME WOULD YOU COME AND SEE US?"

...AND THEN WE ANSWERED: "SI!!!" MEANING "YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!"...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE I PROMISE TO ME...DEAR GUYS...YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT HOW MUCH WE WISH YOU COULD REALLY COME BACK... BUT...ANYWAY...IT WAS ALREADY HARD TO BELIEVE THAT YOU WERE ONCE IN MY COUNTRY, SO...AS USUAL I'M MIXIN'UP WITH THE WORDS...MMM...JUST TO SAY THAT WE LOVE YOU ALL, AND WISH YOU THE BEST FOR YOUR LIVES...TAKE CARE, AND GOODBYE...

PD: REMEMBER? KLAUS, KLAUS, KLAUS!
lidia_bj Posted: 14-11-07 2:44
wow!!!..thank you guys for that wonderful concert!!..it was amazing!!!!!

I hope that you can come back soon!!!

Kisses from your bolivian fan!!!!

Lydia

PS: I will repeat the long trip to Chile and the backache if you come back!!!!!!!!
Clow Posted: 14-11-07 11:05
Hi!

wow ,what can i say.I still living in dreams since that weekend in santiago, Chile.
In the airport you were such beautiful and kindess people!! , i'll never forget that.
Then the concert was just perfect, i was in a kind of trance with all your songs.I wish i was living that day again!.Your music is unique , it makes me so happy, it makes me smile, it makes me dream!!.
Well, thanks for coming to Chile and make happy so manny people with your music and your endlessly kindness!! :D. I hope that you'll come back some day, we all miss u here =)

Hugs!

Felix*
Clow Posted: 14-11-07 11:07
Hi!

wow ,what can i say.I still living in dreams since that weekend in santiago, Chile.
In the airport you were such beautiful and kindess people!! , i'll never forget that.
Then the concert was just perfect, i was in a kind of trance with all your songs.I wish i was living that day again!.Your music is unique , it makes me so happy, it makes me smile, it makes me dream!!.
Well, thanks for coming to Chile and make happy so manny people with your music and your endlessly kindness!! :D. I hope that you'll come back some day, we all miss u here =)

Hugs!

Felix*

Pd: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUGIE!.. all the best for u =)
adcristino Posted: 19-11-07 11:44
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I feeling so like now, cause when the show finish the only thing i wanted was "i wanna see them againg", n' now my wish'll come true!!! i'll be in glasgow 29-31 dec!!!, i can't belive that they'll give a concert 30th night!!

by the way,Thanks guys for came to Chile, come back soon, cause i'll be there every time
pichirruca Posted: 24-11-07 8:28
The concert was incredible... amazing I couldn't believe it! my english is not so good, but.....
Fue increíble lo que vi en el escenario, algo absolutamente imperdible, demasiado power, realmente casi lloré cuando los vi en el escenario, espero que se vuelva a repetir... demasiado bueno!!!!
Estuve revisando los comentarios más arriba y están en lo correcto los chicos que comentan sobre el repertorio, yo lo puedo confirmar, porque tengo en mis manos uno de los impresos originales que usó Travis en el recital escrito con su puño y letra, cómo lo conseguí??????.... luego de persuadir por mucho tiempo a un guardia implorándole que me consiguiera uno y... acá lo tengo en mis manos, ya lo habían botado a la basura y por eso está todo arrugado, pero lo tengo guardado en el rincón de mis objetos más preciados... todo fanático fiel obtiene su recompensa!!!
Grande Travis y muchas gracias por el recital que fue de excelente nivel!!!!!
scummy Posted: 14-12-07 10:48
ok, let's see... after a month and a few days to think, i guess i can finally understand what happened here in chile last month.
you see, we don't have a lot of concert. not many rock bands come to play here. but when a certain band does, it's great. and when it's your favourite band, then it's the best!
i don't recall feeling excited about travis in chile the months before the show, why??? because it sounded too amazing, it was too incredible. travis in chile? nah, you're kidding me, go away. then, when my friend got me my ticket, i saw it and, again, it was sort of a joke. it said 'the killers/travis/starsailor', it sounded too great to be true.
the month before the show i started to feel nervous, oh my god, what do I do, do i GO TO THE AIRPORT? do i go to the hotel? are this guys nice, or maybe just rockstars? i mean, i know they're nice, but maybe they'll hate chile... wow, i had monologues all day long.
then, a week earlier, i say 'ok, let's do it, i have my uk flag, my cds, my dvds, my love, energy, let's go' and just waited for the day to come.
on november 3rd i woke up at 7 am, and with a friend we went to the airport. we waited for seven whole hours for the band to arrive. did i care about? OF COURSE NOT! because when travis finally arrived I WAS DAMN HAPPY! i couldn't believe fran, dougie, andy, neil, you guys! were in my country, right next to me, signing our cds and pictures! i still remember your voices, the same ones that I listen to everyday in my mp3 player. i remember your faces, your smiles, your poses, your laghter. then, i remember you going to the van... oh my god... OH MY GODDDD!
later that day, i went to the hotel. it was a cold night, but we didn't mind. a whole bunch of fans were singing with a guitar and screaming asking for a sing. nothing happened. did i care about it? haha naaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
then, sunday. the day of the show. holy sh*t, do i go to the hotel? mmmm ok, only if something happens..... i arrived there and my new friends I made thanks to you were waiting. 9 am. are they going out? we've gotta go to the arena, it's getting late. and then it happened.... hey lucas, why don't you call the hotel and ask for dougie? he did. and it worked. dougie, my god you're a nice person! i still remember our expressions when lucas drop the phone and said 'yep, it was dougie, alright!' oh lord.
dougie said we should wait until noon. we did. and then we saw him leaving the lobby towards us. OH SWEET LIVING JESUS! dougie, again! you're the man! more pictures, hugs, kisses, signatures. then fran, andy, neil, claes! we were so happy guys. you left. you followed you. i waved goodbye with my flag, which you signed, thank you! then, we went to the radio, you weren't there,who cares! we saw you again! let's go to the arena.... then....
9 pm. the lights. rocky. oh my god, my heart is beating so fast! there you are. all five of you singing for us. i can't ask for more. i cried my eyes out. i couldn't sing all the songs because i was chocking, so many feelings at the same time. when you played SIDE i felt i could have died that same instant and didn't care, because now you played my favourite song and i was happy, just happy as can be.
the show was incredible. i never thought i would see travis live. ever. so far away. and yet you were here. with us.

thank you, thank you, thank you!

i love you, i love you, i loooove youuu, that's all i want to say (you know what's next)

we will be here, waiting for you, anytime you like.

THANK YOU!!!

Veriiito Posted: 03-01-08 10:00
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

BEST SHOW EVER..!!

i'll be waiting for you guys!! anytime you like!

LOVE YOU!!

Lord_Conker Posted: 05-11-08 7:58
Hello everyone, I guess it's all been said but...just wanted to say that night was truly magical for me, I really felt the show. I was on the verge of tears when I heard Sing and Flowers In The Window (What a lovely version of it!), and I sang my heart out to Why Does It Always Rain On Me?, which really was the most perfect way to end the concert. Now, I also enjoyed the bands Starsailor and The Killers, but I have to say, after seeing what Travis could do on the stage I would have wanted a full solo show by them. Yes, I enjoyed the show that much.

04/11/07, a night I will cherish my entire life. Fran, Dougie, Neil, Andy, thanks a lot guys. Hope the new album's tour takes you back to Santiago! Cheers!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US