Party At The Palace, Linlithgow, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 6 Upload Photo

Members at this show: 6 Add My Name
Eledh, Hiromi-Y, kingtut, paul_c, pod316, SEACOM

Reviews: 1 Post Review
paul_c Posted: 27-08-15 6:01
+4 Votes Login To Vote
Because this was an all-day event, with bands performing all afternoon in the run up to the headline act, we decided to arrive early and parked ourselves from the barrier as soon as the gates had opened at 1pm. As well as myself, there were other Travis 'Boardies' present including Eledh, Kirstin, Craig and Pamela. It was a lovely sunny day in Linlithgow, and the festival site was situated in a beautiful setting, with the palace on the hill overlooking the grassy area where the stage and beer tent and so on were situated. Beyond that, you could see a lovely lake with swans swimming elegantly across. After a few hours wait, and some great performances from Apache Darling, 100 Fables, Horse, Justin Currie (Del Amitri) and The Feeling, it was Travis time! They were on good form, and belted out a 'greatest hits' set with much gusto (the exceptions being 'The Humpty Dumpty Love Song' and 'Pipe Dreams' as the only two non-single releases in the set). Fran mentioned that they had new material recorded and ready for release, but decided to play a greatest hits set as it was a festival. A nice touch was the re-introduction of 'Coming Around' to the set, a song I hadn't heard them play in a few years. Fran dedicated it the song to us, so it made our night! And speaking of making someone's night, throughout the show I had acquired two little girls in front of me, as they had said they couldn't see past me (I am 6'3" after all!). They spent the entire show waving at Travis, and got so excited when Dougie and Andy both waved back. It was adorable. Incredibly, the weather being beautiful all afternoon and into the evening, almost as soon as the band kicked into the opening chords of 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me' the heavens opened, like Glastonbury '99 all over again! At the end of the show, Fran threw his towel into the crowd. I caught it, but decided to hand it to the girls. They were so giddy with excitement! It was very cute. And a lovely end to a special night. It's good to have them back.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
August
08 Party At The Palace, Linlithgow, UK 
April
18 Zermatt Unplugged, Zermatt, CH 

Party At The Palace, Linlithgow, UK    paul_c
  Trollrock, Beitostolen, NO    babbelerik
  Teatro Diana, Guadalajara, MX    monichor
SHOW ALL: 11669 PHOTOS : 2434 REVIEWS