Travis

Wednesday, October 24, 2007
X-Tra, Zurich, CH

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 50 Upload Photo

Reviews: 8 Post Review
DefCon Posted: 25-10-07 12:25
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Beginning with that really cool support band, i already had the feeling, that this evening would become really cool. But i actually couldn't imagine how overly cool, it would even become!

Starting with selfish jean, they already owned my heart and i knew, it couldn't come better. But song by song it got better and better. One of the best concerts i've ever seen, actually. There was only one thing missing... One night - the song i love MOST on the boy with no name, wasn't played :( but that's a small thing against all the other great things :)

But the best thing - for me - happened after the concert. while they were playing the last song, some staff-member came and asked me, if i can talk english, i was like: "yes, sure" - and then he said, i should wait after the concert, cuz andy wanted to talk to me. EH WHAT? Andy wanted to talk to me??? i more feel that it should be vice versa, cuz I actually want to talk to HIM - so... i waited and was overly excited.

after the concert, i really met Andy (i guess for some - or most - of you, that's nothing special you probably have talked to them already, but i haven't yet) and he said, that i was looking like his brother and that was the reason he wanted to talk to me...

so we talked a little, i took a small movie of him and he took a handypic of him and me - and i was too stupid to ask if i could take a handypic as well :) so i think i must somehow try and get that pic from him! (so if you ever read this, andy, could you somehow handle to send me that pic? :) )

so i must say: that was the greatest evening of my life - yet :) thanks to travis and andy, in particular :D
angelheart Posted: 25-10-07 4:00
+3 Votes Login To Vote
you guys are just amazing! Thanx a lot for this great show!
Ursina Posted: 26-10-07 10:12
+8 Votes Login To Vote
What an awesome night!
To start with The Taste, they are truly amazing, just a drummer and this fragile looking girl on guitar, really, really impressive. Kind of White Stripes in reverse :-D . They played through their songs and then the girl announced the last song, saying that there were some people coming on stage with them and to make them at ease, would we please give them our support…. on come Fran, Dougie and Andy for a bit of jamming with The Taste! Brilliant!

So after a break to the confusion of the crowd, Travis enter the stage boxer style (lol) and with Selfish Jean a truly fantastic gig is beginning. What can I say, song after song, Travis are in excellent form. Andy doing some hair raising ‘mountaineering’ on the balustrade during All I want to do is Rock. Fran performing a daring mid-air split (what a jump Fran!) Dougie and Fran playing Baby One More Time (an amazing song sang by the right people). A cheerful Flowers in the Window with the support of The Taste.
Fran in a great chatty mood….. telling people on the gallery no spitting and throwing beer on the peeps below! :D Embarrassing the hell out of Claes (or Claus as he is known now) about going about naked and spending time in the sauna lol
Och it was just awesome, incredible! All too soon it came to an end, WDIAROM sending us off with yet another memorable gig ringing in our ears.
Fran, Dougie, Neil and Andy, thank you so much for a great night and for taking time chatting to us later on. *big hugs* Sina:)

wonderpope Posted: 26-10-07 10:37
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Hi everybody,

I have been posting a 3 part video series about the concert in zurich on my youtube account. The first two parts are already online:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCfX8VpmDes

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlsuN7kyviQ

Part 3 will be done soon, I hope. Just check my profile every now and then.

Thank you Andy, Dougie, Fran and Neil for a concert we'll never forget. And thanks to everybody in the audience, who was going for it and singing at the top of their lungs.
souvenir Posted: 26-10-07 10:48
+5 Votes Login To Vote
what can I say more. all has been said already.
it was a fantastic gig! i'm still walking around having all different travis songs in my head.
everything was great: the support band, very different and special, the location (much better than the hallenstadion. keep on playing in smaller venues), the mix of songs from all the albums (all my favourites there), the band beeing in a really good and chatty mood... the crowd could have been a bit more enthusiastic, including my dear bf, who can be such an emotionless person during gigs, standing there not moving at all. but afterwards he said, it had been the best gig he'd ever been to. so i suppose, people are just different. maybe, as sina put it, very behaved here in switzerland :-)
well, anyway, it was great meeting sina, too. what a shame I didn't stay afterwards. will do so next time.

travis, thanks for a great, great gig and please, keep your promise of not taking too long before you come back!
Eledh Posted: 26-10-07 12:45
+4 Votes Login To Vote
I can't wait two or three months for another gig.
I think I'm going mad.
This concert was amazing. Really.
Now I'm sick, I don't have my voice anymore, but I'm happy.
Thank you guys. Really. I don't speak english very well so... I can't write a review as Ursina or other people did, but I can still say... Thank you, Fran, Dougie, Andy, Neil and Claus. You are BRILLIANT. Really.
Coccinelle Posted: 26-10-07 9:56
+4 Votes Login To Vote
well everything has already been said..
it was just GREAT!! the best concert i've ever seen!! everything was perfect.. good choise of songs (you played all my favourites =D), nice "feeling" with the public, amazing singing/playing in live (not every band does). you simply were wonderful!!! so thank u sooo much travis, you guys rock!!!

just one last word: come back soooon! =)
Delia24Oct07 Posted: 28-10-07 12:32
+2 Votes Login To Vote
So, I try to write something though my English's very bad, I hope you'll understand me!

We (me and a friend) got there at 15:30 to be the very first and we were. It was bloody cold but we stayed. Once we got in the bar to warm up but then we heard the soundcheck and went out again. Sometimes we walked around the building and once we saw Dougie enter! It was just like "wow!"

We got in really very first and run for to be close to Dougie and Fran. So we were very close to both of them!
At 7, "The Taste" started to play which was really very good though we were too close to the drums so we nearly couldn't hear the singer!
I nearly dropped dead when Fran, Dougie and Andy came out for the last song! I just stood there and screamed!
After the pause they came on stage by walking through the waiting people and then, without saying a thing, they started to play one of my favourite songs, "Selfish Jean"! I couldn't stop stairing at Fran and Dougie!
They played all my favourite songs like "All I Want To Do Is Rock" or "Quicksand", I was that amazed! They were in a really chatting mood, so funny!
After the concert, some fans decided to wait behind the building for the band to come out and we joined them. It was that cold but we just kept waiting there, chatting with the roadies and asking them about the band: "What are they doing now?" "Will they come out soon?" and stuff like that.
So, we waited 'till 11:40, then we had to go to catch our train. We left and just went by Neil, who went to the bus. We couldn't talk to him but were pretty nervous because we couldn't stay. We waited on the bus station when suddenly three more people came along. We just recognized Fran, Dougie and Andy when we sprinted along the street. We started to talk first to Fran, Andy didn't say much, then we got some papers signed. Fran told me he could remember me standing near the stage! I was that happy, I nearly couldn't breathe! So, after chatting with them we went over to Dougie. We talked a bit and when we were up to go, my friend asked him, if she may hug him. She could. Over and over happy we left them and went back home. I can't stop smiling even today!

So, there were so many things that I would like to say to them when we met but I couldn't remember a word. But now I do: Thank you, Fran, Dougie, Andy, Neil (and Klaus), thank you for playing your music, thank you for coming to Switzerland and thank you for being so nice to us very nervous fans! It was one of the best moments in my life to meet you! Keep rockin'!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US