Travis

Saturday, October 20, 2007
Grosse Freiheit, Hamburg, DE

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 64 Upload Photo

Reviews: 4 Post Review
Trixi Posted: 22-10-07 7:53
Ahhh, what a fantastic show again!! I'm still croaky from cheering, singing along, shouting "Klaus! Klaus! Klaus!..." ;-D I can't say it often enough - the Hamburg audience is just the best! I was surprised that they made it through the crowd that quick at the intro...I think some ppl. behind us were a little confused when the Rocky-intro music started and we turned around cheering, haha. The best intro ever The setlist was brilliant. A perfect mix of all albums! After the show we met Neil, Andy and Dougie and made pictures and got our album signed...ahh they're so nice! Anyway, one of the best concerts I've ever been to! That concert just proofed me once more that Travis are just the best live band ever!!
The support band The Taste was really good too btw....very rocky, I really liked the singers voice. Both bands were introduced by Ricardo M. - Top Entertainer *lol* he was great too, funny guy! You can find his Myspace profile on Travis friends list btw.

Setlist:
Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
Writing To Reach Xou
Quicksand
Love Will Come Thru
As You Are
My Eyes
Pipe Dreams
The Line Is Fine
Beautiful Occupation
Side
Driftwood
Good Feeling
Closer
Sing
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Turn
----------
Flowers Imn The Window
Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
Dani78 Posted: 22-10-07 11:45
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Cheers, thanks for ev'rything...
These are not only the words of the first song of the evening, but actually what the whole audience must have felt at the end of the day. It was such a brilliant show, just as Trixi already wrote. These guys really know how to rock and entertain the crowd! I simply couldn't stop smiling all through the show, I enjoyed myself so much - the four years of waiting were repayed within seconds!
Having met Fran in Berlin four years ago, I was really glad to meet Neil, Andy and Dougie this time after the show. They signed posters etc. and posed for photographs with such kindness and patience - they even took their time to talk to everyone and answer questions - they're really down to earth and so nice. I just can't wait for the next tour in Germany - and, in case anyone reading this hasn't seen them live yet - you still have a chance to see them in Mannheim or Munich - I strongly do recommend it!
So, cheers, thanks for everything lads, and please don't let us have to wait for such a long time again!!!
@Dougie: Best wishes to you from my husband Peter, the "beacon" - remember? Cheers!
Olivia Posted: 22-10-07 8:51
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Well, what to add to these two reviews??? Travis is the first band I fell in love with without a sec's hesitation(apart from of course The Beatles whom I was told to like when I was 7(and did, too)
I loved beeing there, and I think it was one of the rare occations where you can call youself entirely HAPPY.
Andy is playing the guitar in a way that leaves the impression that he is somewhat electrified.As if he can't stop. It's really something.And really rare.
The whole atmosphere between the guys, the occational laughter, Fran's little chat with Andy while Dougie's filling in-it's not just-we're doing a show and then we're off- it's a team, a BAND-literally. And I'm so sorry for those people who threw plastic-cans on stage- 'cause they really didn't get it. So thanks, TRAVIS, thanks loads !!!!!!!!!!!
kurai Posted: 22-10-07 10:10
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Third time is a charm!
This was my third Travis concert and I have to admit these guys really are born to rock. I begin to wonder, where does all their energy come from?

Ok, I´ll start from the beginning.
"The Tastes" were brilliant. The best supporting band I´ve ever seen. I would definetly go to one of their concerts again. The singer had a great voice and lots of charisma. It was love at first sight ;)

Then, it was time for Travis to come on stage. I knew that they would enter from behind, but again I was on the wrong side of the venue. I knew this would happen :( But maybe I´ll get another chance on the next concert sometime.
Anyway, the show was great. Fortunately they played some new songs, like "Humpty Dumpty Love Song" and "Beautiful Occupation", ´cause I really missed these songs at the other concerts, I´ve been to.

And of course Fran chatted with the audience (I especially like that part of their shows - maybe because, he is such a fantastic taleteller.
It´s like sitting together around a great fire, making music and telling stories.)
He said, that Claus was shocked about the Reeperbahn in Hamburg and that they had to explain to him that this is just a small part of the city and the rest is quite beautiful. But I can understand Claus. This was my first time in Hamburg too and I was a bit shocked myself.

Claus was brilliant, despite all the pressure put on him by the audience and Fran, who really seemed to enjoy that part of the show. Maybe, because most of the time, the attention of the audience is concentrated on him.

Dougie´s smile was, as always, like a sunbeam through the clouds. I really loved the part, when they sang "The line is fine" and he and Fran were screaming at each other. It was like a contest about who is able to scream louder.

Andy was awesome, playing the solo - part of "all I wanna do is rock" inside the crowd. He´s got his unique style - different, but so cool.

Now I mentioned everyone, but Neil,´cause he´s always in the background. Sometimes, you can forget that he is there, but without him, the songs wouldn´t work, ´cause rythm is everything:) I really admire him, ´cause he always seems to be so focused and calm. I wonder, whether he recognises the audience while he is playing the drums.

I enjoyed every minute of the show.
At the end of the show they played WDAROM and everyone did the pogo. It was amazing.
There are no words to describe it, you have had to be there ;)

Thank you:

for you music, (which inspires me every single day)
your energy,
for spreading so much joy,
and for being so wonderful!!!

GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US