Travis

Thursday, July 26, 2007
La Zona Rosa, Austin, TX, US

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 50 Upload Photo

Reviews: 6 Post Review
southernbohemian Posted: 27-07-07 10:18
+2 Votes Login To Vote
This show was utterly amazing. I know the band loves playing outdoors, but I'm so glad they moved it to La Zona Rosa - I think it is much more intimate than Stubbs and the air conditioning was just another plus. When they came out and started playing Selfish Jean I ws in complete awe - even teared up a bit. The guys were incredible, really put their hearts into it. I was a little worried that I had ruined myself by watching their live show DVDs over and over, but their show was just as good and being there made it that much better. My favorite thing about seeing them live was getting to experience how close they are to each other. At one point Andy used his own shirtsleeve to wipe the sweat from Fran's brow. That little moment epitomizes everything I think of when I think about Travis. They seemed genuinely happy to see the audience and Fran even paused the show at the beginning to make sure a baby in teh audience had earplugs. Love you guys, can't wait until you come back!
TravisCounty Posted: 27-07-07 10:53
+2 Votes Login To Vote
My first Travis show after many years of listening to their great CD's. I knew it would be a good show, but it was even better than I expected! Fran and the guys really know how to connect to an audience and make it feel very interactive. Plus, all the guys are great musicians on stage (sans a few missed lyrics:).
As another reviewer said, I'm glad the show got moved to a more intimate place and with A/C!
Hopefully Fran can keep his promise and come back to "Travis County" within a year!?!?
mowglimagic Posted: 28-07-07 3:17
+2 Votes Login To Vote
The show was fantastic!!! I was blown away and had the time of my life. They know how to make the fans feel like they are part of the show rather than just an observer. They were so sweet after the show, stopping to talk, take picture and give autographs to any fan that asked. Love you guys and best wishes. Hope you come back very soon!
marcela_lm Posted: 30-07-07 7:18
+1 Votes Login To Vote
First of all it was my first Travis concert, after an 8 hour drive, two hours of sleep and a cranky brother, who I was forced to dragged with me. I was right in front of Andy and Fran, I could'nt have asked for a better spot, I felt like a 4 year old, I was acting like a child! I could'nt stop smiling and singing I felt sooo happy. Then when I read it was either humpty dumpty or sailing (sorry Jenn) I yelled sailing, before they played flowers in the window, so when they played that song it was quite an experience, like God this is what I fighted for, I had to go through a lot of things to get there, and THAT was the reward. Just listening to that performance, just being there, I even had to hold my tears, I was soooo excited and happy and god! it was the reward after a crappy semester! I could'nt have asked for a better prize.
Then after the show Fran was sooo sooo sooo nice, I had the chance to give him a bracelet, I was all shaky and my heart was about to explode, it was so SURREAL that's the word.
THANKS FOR THE SHOW!!!!!!!! I love you guys!!!
snl1376 Posted: 30-07-07 5:20
+3 Votes Login To Vote
Great concert!!! This is the 2nd time i attend a Travis concert. The last one i went to was in Dallas back in 2005. Let me tell you that they rocked back them and they rock now. The only difference from then and now is that this time i felt like the concert was just played for me and my wife. Being so close to them and singing from the top of my lungs was a great moment. Talk about a "private" show, the place was great. THE PLACE HAD A/C. Fran, as always, had an excellent show. Though he did forget the lyrics i believe twice but big deal. Andy always freaking rocks on the guitar. Doug with the excellent hip action. Neil with the great head bobbing. And CLAUS!CLAUS! CLAUS! the new guy. This is by far the best concert i have attended and to meet the guys afterwards was the "cherry on top". I have been a fan for about 7 years and i have heard every song that they have, but on July 26, 2007 was probably the 4 th best day of my life. Thanks FRAN, DOUG, ANDY, NEIL and CLAUS. Hope you do comeback soon.
tensummersets Posted: 30-07-07 11:45
+1 Votes Login To Vote
To the boys from Travis-GREAT SHOW!!!. My son Levi was in the front row and Fran was a gracious host to him to say the least. Travis is Levi's favorite band; knows all the songs of course the experience was very surreal to him. Fran thanks so much for looking after his eardrums and giving him a pick and loving his name. Thanks Dougie for giving him a set list. Levi got all "A" all year long in school to have a chance to come to this concert and you guys gave him a great payoff. My only regret was that I found out later that you guys signed autographs after the show and we had already left. We will be at next year's show for sure. Maybe then we can take our younger son Noah.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US