Travis

Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Clutch Cargos, Detroit, MI, US

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 57 Upload Photo

Reviews: 14 Post Review
begeland Posted: 19-07-07 5:46
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Great show start to finish. Raw, in your face kind of show - intimate venue, sweat, emotion, broken strings, a great setlist with special AC/DC cover to close things out... please come back soon!

cheers
alexandria_z Posted: 19-07-07 6:25
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I'd have to agree 100% with belows review. Absolutely incredible, great show from start to finish; meeting all of you was just amazing, you’re all so extremely nice guys. Come back soon and keep doing what you’re doing. xx
lbarse Posted: 19-07-07 7:41
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I just could not believe how amazing they were. I think what I thought was the greatest part was that you could tell that Fran just did not want the concert to be over. I love that they are a group that is very personable to their fans. It was just a great overall experience. Thank you very much, Travis for an amazing concert.
lizbeth0619 Posted: 19-07-07 3:09
+2 Votes Login To Vote
I completely agree!! Awesome show start to finish. This is my fourth Travis concert; I've been waiting a very long time for them to head over from across the pond and they did not disappoint.I love that they performed many songs from their first album. Fran is so personable and comfortable on stage. This is the same venue they had used years ago ~ it is such an intimate setting and really lets Travis shine! You get the full experience, dancing, sweating, and singing along with all of the die hard Travis fans.
It was a treat to have them out in the audience too. I love, love, love Travis. Come back soon!! You have loyal, long time fans in Detroit!
cindyslo Posted: 19-07-07 4:40
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Awesome...Awesome...Awesome!! Lastnight's show at Clutch Cargo's was simply fantastic. Every song was amazing, performed with such great enthusiasm and you could not have picked a better song to end with! AC/DC Back in Black was perfect. Without a doubt the best concert I've been to and the absolute best venue I've seen you guys at! Hopefully we'll get to one of your other shows before you leave the states!!! Safe travels!
darkwatersunset Posted: 19-07-07 7:55
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Wow...just wow.
I've been waiting since 2003 to see you guys again and it was amazing. Way more than I could've ever expected!
I remember the concert at the State being amazing (since it was my very first concert at age 13) but this one completely overwhelmed my Travis mind! ^_^ Played a wide range of songs stretching from the first album to the new album to B-sides and Back in Back by ACDC!!! It was phenomenal! 21 song set was amazing! Way more than I could've imagined! Thanks so much!! I look forward to seeing you in another four years! Haha, hopefully it won't take you that long to come back!
Thanks again!
(Also, THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING FLOWERS! My sister and I were hoping to hear it, and since I took her for her 19th birthday it was a real treat! Loved it!!)
tmittelstadt Posted: 19-07-07 8:28
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I agree with all the reviews that have been posted. It was a great show. It's refreshing to watch a band play that actually seems to be enjoying themselves on stage. It was the 5th time I've seen them live, and every time, I walk away happy. Travis and The Flaming Lips are the only bands I know that their concerts seem more like a celebration, then just a concert. I was hoping they would do like the Pixies, and have the cd for sale after the show.

Hope they come back soon!
annakin Posted: 20-07-07 1:19
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I'm still amazed from what I witnessed the other night. That was one of the best shows I've ever seen. I wished for the show to never end. It seems to me that everyone else agrees with the idea that this was a brilliant show and I will never ever forget it. I wish other bands out there could watch a video of Travis in concert and witness how real bands perform to their audience.

Thank you
meagan_27 Posted: 20-07-07 3:09
+1 Votes Login To Vote
This is the sixth time I've seen Travis, and they just keep getting better & better. The entrance though the crowd was brilliant (they best concert entrance I have seen by a band yet), "Claus" in the lights was hilarious, 'Flowers in the Window' was amazing & the AC/DC cover knocked my socks off.
My friends and I stayed after for autographs & these guys are as fantastic in person as they are on stage. I am never disappointed by this band. They are worht the trip over from Canada every time!
Enjoy the rest of the tour & come back soon!!!
Nikki Posted: 21-07-07 12:52
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Words can not possibly describe how amazing Wednesday night was, but I will try my best! I've been a Travis fan for a very long time but this was only my second time seeing them live, the first being in 2003 at the State Theatre. I had heard from some of the UK fans how great the tour was going over there and several fans got to meet the band, but I never expected just HOW great!!
The Day started out with my boyfriend and I making our way to Midwest Studios in Rochester Hills. We were invited by a DJ from 93.9 The River to sit in on an intimate acoustic set with Fran and Dougie! It was so amazing! There were probably 20 people total in the room, just kinda sitting indian-style on a rug in this small studio. Fran and Dougie chatted with us all during the set and made jokes. They played "Selfish Jean," "My Eyes" and "Sing" and Fran's voice sounded really good with the 12 string :) After the set, we all got the chance to hang out for a bit and chat or get stuff signed. I was so nervous all week leading up to this point because what can you really say to the band whose music has had such a huge impact on your life? But, just as everyone has said, they were so sweet, funny and just down-to-earth, lovely guys! We took pictures with them and talked for a few minutes. I don't really remember what I said, LOL...but Dougie said he has the same camera as I do...my boyfriend told him how I play all of their songs on guitar all the time, which they appreciated and I think I just tried to mainly tell Fran what a pleasure it was to finally meet him after being a fan for so long. He shook my hand and said a very sincere thank you. I told them how excited we were to pogo and that we'd be up front at the show! They signed my "Boy With No Name" CD booklet and then we started to walk away but Fran called to us because I totally forgot that I had promised to take a picture for another girl and e-mail it to her since her camera died! lol. So then we said goodbye again and made our way to Clutch Cargos!
When we arrived there were 4 or 5 girls already waiting on the steps. They were from Traverse City and were all really nice! We talked with them for a long time as Travis warmed up inside. Then, all of a sudden Dougie and Andy walked out of the front doors. Dougie remembered my boyfriend and I and said hello again and asked us all where a good place was to wander around Pontiac for a while. Before they walked off I snapped a picture with Andy, whose also super nice!
Finally, we made it inside and claimed our spots at the front of the stage. I informed the girls to the right of me that Travis would enter from the back to the Rocky theme song and they got really excited. I just have to say that every Travis fan I've met has been so nice! They give off some kind of good vibes, especially at their shows!! And what an incredible show it was!!! I knew it was going to be awesome, just from reading the reviews on this site...but it was seriously the best day of my life!!!! I've never rocked out so hard before! Everyone was jumping, sweating, singing along to every word! Fran said that we were the loudest crowd so far and I think Detroit really showed the guys how many loyal fans they have here!!! I don't remember the setlist by heart, but it was pretty much the same as others on the tour with the addition of a few classics like "I Love You Anyways," "The Line is Fine" and "20"!!!!!!!! The guys had so much energy and were having a really great time up there! Andy totally rocks live. The man is seriously one of the best guitar players I've heard. Fran voice was perfection and it was so funny when he tried to show us his American accent! At one point, some girl threw a pink thong on stage, which Doudie put on his mic stand, lol! But the highlights of the show for me were definitely when Andy and Dougie posed while on stage for my pictures, when Andy ran out into the crowd and rocked out at our feet, when my boyfriend caught Andy's guitar pic, doing the pogo like there was no tomorrow, Fran reaching out to shake my hand !!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and during "All I Wanna Do Is Rock" this girl to the left of me looked over and saw me screaming the words with her and she grabbed my hand and looked at me like "Is this fucking cool or what?!?" .... Yes it was.

Thank you Travis!
Summer Posted: 21-07-07 2:38
10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU

LIVE SHOW
LIVE SHOW
LIVE SHOW
LIVE SHOW
LIVE SHOW

YOU GET THE PICTURE

YOU ROCK !!!!!!

THANKS FOR COMING TO DETROIT
BrianW Posted: 21-07-07 8:18
The other night was amazing. You guys gave us exactly what we've been waiting for! I've seen Travis before in a large concert hall but this was the perfect intimate venue. I met Fran and Doug out back after the concert, after flirting with them in the croud all night:)(guy in green tank top)winkwink...Thanks for the unforgetable night! luvluv BRIANW
mozman68 Posted: 21-07-07 2:22
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Drove over from Grand Rapids to see Travis in Detroit for the second time (it's been way too long)....Thinkin' of taking the wife to tonight's show in Chicago as well...what's another 3 hour drive to see the best band in the world??

Can someone please post the set list for the Detroit show?? I had used an old show setlist to make a mix CD for the ride...it was close, but you guys surprised again with The Line As Fine (was really hoping to hear Hit Me Baby One More Time like you played on the last tour)...and I know there were a couple of others thrown in there...nice that you're mixing it up.

SETLIST!
SETLIST!
SETLIST!

KLAUS!
KLAUS!
KLAUS!
KLAUS!
KLAUS!
jnewman Posted: 23-07-07 2:21
Guys - I just want to say thank you

To me it sometimes seems like a struggle to find great music (I know its out there) in the industry machine here in the States. A great friend of mine turned me onto Travis almost 10 years ago and I was so glad to finally be able to see a show. Extra special for me in the smaller venue.

Please keep up your energy and your fan-friendly ways. I am a fan for life. Please come back soon!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US