Bedgebury Pinetum , Kent, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 64 Upload Photo

Reviews: 11 Post Review
janinep1 Posted: 11-06-07 8:22
Absolutely fantastic!
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted: 11-06-07 9:45
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Well it's nearly 24 hours since I saw my first Travis concert and after chanting to my family "They played Side!" several times, I now have time to reflect upon the show. My Dad told me to order tickets for the show back in March when Closer was played on Top gear of the pops and every night I nearly burst with anticipation to think that I was going to see my favourite band. March, April and May passed swiftly and June came along. Then, the night I had been waiting for arrived. We set off from my house at about half 4 and an hour later we arrived at the Pinetum. We set up our little blanket, had some food and waited for the gates to be open. The excitement grew. Then the gates opened and the night that I had been dreaming of for 3 months began. Myles O'Reilly from Juno Falls was fantastic. He gave me a signed CD! Then The Hours came on stage and amazed me with their music- I fell in love with their Piano! After the support acts finished we stood up and moved closer to the stage to get a good view of Travis. The first few songs were fantastic and then Side was played. Ever since I heard that song played in W.H Smiths in 2001 I fell in love with it and the band. Side got me through some really dark times, it means so much to me so to have it played at my first gig was fantastic! The rest of the night went on and more amazing music was played... Claus is a legend, I hope I can play as well as him one day! The highlight of the show has to be when Why Does It Always Rain On Me was played. My Dad was pogoing up and down like a lunatic (so was I actually..) and my Mum made a new friend (She says hi to Paul!). It really was one of the best nights I have ever had. Thankyou Neil, Andy, Dougie and Fran. Loved the bunny ears... You should wear them more often!
Fran Posted: 12-06-07 5:02
+5 Votes Login To Vote
Hey moo the boffin. Loved your review. We had a great night. Thanks for coming so far to see us. And by so far I mean from 2001...xxx...
DavenJude Posted: 12-06-07 1:34
+1 Votes Login To Vote
What a brilliant evening/night. This, to me, is what music is all about!
My girlfriend and I have been to quite a few gigs but this was by far the most intimate. I have always liked Travis's hits and had downloaded them but not bought an album. My girlfriend (Judith) bought the tickets because I'd told her how much I liked the new song; CLOSER, and I'm so glad she did! The band were electric, exciting to watch and yet so humble, with absolutely no pretence. I loved the way Fran interacted with the audience, and the onstage antics were hilarious. We agreed that we'd come again and I shall definitely buy the albums!
dougiendawn Posted: 12-06-07 4:34
Well this was my first Travis Gig too I have always liked the music but never had the chance to go before and at 32 years old I should of tried harder. We arrived around 6.30 and the place was just getting warmed up, We had a beer and then headed to the front of the deck chairs and picnic rugs just in time to see the Hours come on stage. My Hubby was hesitant to get to the front of the stage too early but I pulled my please face and he agreed to move closer and Im sooo glad he did the Hours were fantastic and I could see Fran and Dougie at the stage door watching there set. The crowd behind us just grew and grew and by about 8.30 I couldn't see anything behind us as everyone was standing. The Rocky Music started and I just knew the guys were walking through the crowd and they walked right past me my face must of been a picture, I loved every minute from the beginning to the rabbit ears to pogoing at the end. Im still smiling now whilst writing this fantastic night and I will defo be going to see Travis again.
donnamarsh3 Posted: 12-06-07 9:43
this was my third travis gig but the first outdoor concert i have been too!
the weather was fabulous which started the day off brilliantly. juno falls was great and so were the hours but we were really waiting just for travis!!
we managed to get right to the front in the centre but before the lads even came on i was being sick in the grass!
luckily i was fine by the time they come on to the stage to the rocky theme tune!!! how glad was i!!!!!
the best show yet!!!!!!!!! i could hardly speak by the end as i sang along to every song,,,loudly!!!!
still trying for a chance to meet the lads though..so any offers!!!!!!!!!
fantastic concert!!!!!!!
karunja1890 Posted: 12-06-07 10:13
This was my first gig ever and I am so glad that I chose this wonderful band to be my first!

They exceeded my high expectations via their amazing live sound and their charm.

I truly enjoyed every moment of it. And the support bands were amazing too!

Good on you guys!

I can't wait to see them live again - I may be addicted to gigs now!

Thanks for a brilliant show, sore vocal chords and aching legs!

Karunja
karunja1890 Posted: 12-06-07 10:13
This was my first gig ever and I am so glad that I chose this wonderful band to be my first!

They exceeded my high expectations via their amazing live sound and their charm.

I truly enjoyed every moment of it. And the support bands were amazing too!

Good on you guys!

I can't wait to see them live again - I may be addicted to gigs now!

Thanks for a brilliant show, sore vocal chords and aching legs!

Karunja
mackem25 Posted: 15-06-07 12:44
This was one of the best gigs I've been to in ages. I've only seen Travis play once before in Newcastle in 1997 supporting Oasis. They were great then and brilliant now.

I loved Selfish Jean and was dancing away with my husband. Definitely won't leave it another 10 years before I go to see them again.
maisie Posted: 15-06-07 8:03
Just when I thought things couldn't get any better than the intimate gigs in 2004, which totally blew me away, the guys surprised me once again.

Went to this show because a girl I met at the Thetford show got an extra ticket and I'm so glad I went. The day was beautiful and the venue was lovely. Myles and The Hours did a great job to warm us up (even more, with the sun) with some very good tunes. Then came TRAVIS!!! The Rocky entrance really rocked! It's amazing how the band came close to their fans. They played a good mix of old and new songs before the final pogoing for WDIAROM, which was a bit too knackering for me but not so for the bright little boy next to me :) What a great, fun-loving crowd - had a good chat with people around and made some friends. Oh, and Fran managed to catch his guitar this time at the end of 'Turn' ;)

We met Andy before the show and had a wee chat with him about the band's coming schedule (pls stop at Hong Kong when you guys come to asia, fans here are dying to see you performing live). We felt quite bad afterwards though thinking we shouldn't have disturbed him while he was waiting for his wife. Sorry Andy and thanks for being so nice. Hope you can see this.

Thanks a lot guys for the brilliant show. I'll burn this good feeling into my brain. Till next time. xxx
DoraIsCoolerThanYou Posted: 17-06-07 8:06
Oh My Gosh
Travis were immense.
Seriously.

Juno Falls was properr good.
I got a signed album and my photo taken with Myles O Reily.
Which was pretty cool if you ask me! =)
The Hours were good aswell
i dont know about anyone else, but i was a bit in love with the pianist! HAHAA.

But travis were AMAZE.
I was right at the front for like, all of it.
And the atmosphere was fantastic.
Definitely one of the best gigs I've been to, and i won't hesitate to see you guys again =)

Dora
xxx
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US