Travis

Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Edmonton Event Center, Edmonton, CA

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 15 Upload Photo

Reviews: 14 Post Review
riocanada Posted: 15-11-07 3:25
+1 Votes Login To Vote
We were sitting in the front row and did we ever get a show! Fran was absolutely brilliant! They had witty banter and played wonderfully! It was Dougie's birthday! Happy Birthday Dougie! It was all so perfect--I only wish they played Big Chair--otherwise it was AWESOME!! I wish I could go again! Please come back to Edmonton!
Anjali Posted: 15-11-07 3:40
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I L-O-V-E this band. It's nice to see a show where the band is very personable and genuine. Dougie's continuous smile made us smile throughout the concert.

This band is right up there with Depeche Mode for me!!!
crs1978 Posted: 15-11-07 6:05
I love Travis. I've listened to them for so many years and I was so excited to hear they were coming to Edmonton. We were sitting in the bar area beside the wall and the band came walking in right beside us. Fran actually leaned over the wall and shook my hand! It was an amazing show.
stephencanada Posted: 15-11-07 8:24
excellent show. maximo park was a great choice for an opening act. few bands attempt to create any rapport with the audience these days so it was such a pleasure to have two bands that were able to fully engage the crowd. In an odd shaped venue like this one, most bands end up sounding muffled and incoherent (modest mouse last week) but the sound for this show was phenomenal. Compliments to the sound guy, he really made the show.
stormy Posted: 15-11-07 9:12
Loved the show!
Hated the moustache! :p

(And they really should've played U16 Girls..)

gruck Posted: 15-11-07 9:33
Thanks to Travis for coming to Edmonton. Small crowd for a great band...however, it provided for a more intimate show. I was at the front of the stage in front of Andy and got one of his picks! Great set, musicianship, vocals and rapport with the audience. I've waited 8 years to see them and was so glad to hear "Hit me Baby..." and "The Weight" as covers. Cheers! Hope to see you all soon.
"Klaus! Klaus! Klaus! Klaus!"
gurksy Posted: 15-11-07 9:54
Awesome Show!!! Happy Birthday Dougie!!! Had an absolutely great time and the band was excellent. Waited 8 years to see them and it was bloody worth it! Come back soon!!! (Sneaked a quick touch of one of Fran's Telecasters when nobody was looking but shhh ;))
Aimee_and_Andy Posted: 15-11-07 11:19
+3 Votes Login To Vote
My husband Andy and I had such a fantastic time at the concert. We were lucky enough to see Fran play a few songs acoustically at Sonic earlier in the day. Making November 14, 2007 one of the best days of our lives. Having met the band back in May, I can honestly say they are totally down to earth, like "Flowers in the garden" -- and amazingly charming to their fans.

This is the only band I would venture to see while nine months pregnant. Travis has touched a nerve, or note, with me and I'm totally addicted. Live or recorded, they truly are amazing musicians and awesome song writers. I can't wait to see them again -- maybe in Europe or South America next time!

Aimee and Andy
brucester_05 Posted: 16-11-07 6:53
Epic. Thats all I really have to say. Front row and I loved every minute of it <3 I have seen alot of bands but none of them compared to these guys. They had so much fun on stage, even if you had no idea who they were you would have had a blast.
lieslwhite Posted: 16-11-07 5:03
Met the boys in the parking lot after the show. They signed my ticket stub, and were absolute sweethearts to stay for a chat and some photos in the bitter cold. Oh, and the "Rocky style" entrance was KILLER! I high-fived them all!
sosoto Posted: 16-11-07 10:59
Happy B-Day Dear Douglas!, hope you enjoy the special day with that special gift you was given, no matter if you was far from home. Kisses and Hugs from Guadalajara Mexico!!!
dorman Posted: 17-11-07 2:39
I've never written a memo to the public on the internet but after the concert in Edmonton I felt compelled to. It was the best concert my husband and I had ever seen and what a treat to see Travis live in a small venue. I believe that at my husband and I's 50th wedding anniversary the Travis concert will be in the top ten experiences we have shared together. I have no idea how Travis ended up in Edmonton but from a fans perspective the concert was AMAZING!
allieb Posted: 18-11-07 1:40
What a fantastic show! I can't believe I almost missed it. The music was so good and the preformance was unbelieveable. It was so great to see a band that truly appreciates its fans. It's too often that you go to a show that you feel completely disconnected from the band...Definitely not here. I even went with some new recruits who are now completely dedicated fans. lol

I hope you guys decide to come back soon. As you can see from the comments, you are definitely loved in Edmonton.

And I agree...Dougie has the most infectious smile ever!
adi2 Posted: 24-11-07 2:23
My sister and I are the new recruits allieb is referring to above and we are definitely huge fans!! We have been listening to all of the cds non-stop for the past few weeks and they are fantastic. Thanks for a great show, your passion for music really comes through!! We hope you come back to Edmonton!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US