Travis

Monday, July 30, 2007
House of Blues, Orlando, FL, US

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 28 Upload Photo

Reviews: 12 Post Review
coreywho Posted: 31-07-07 2:34
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Wow! Travis put on an amazing show at the House of Blues last night. This was my first time seeing the band since becoming a fan in 1999. Fran said they had expected about 50 people to show up and seemed genuinely suprised by how packed the venue was. We stood at the dead center railing of the balcony and it was probably the most amazing view I have had of any show at HOB. After the long gap between 12 memories I had really feared Travis would never be back. This concert has certainly established that Travis are back and are still one of the greatest rock bands on the planet. Fran said they will be touring Florida again within a year so hopefully this will hold true. What an amazing goose-bump inducing concert. We took a ton of photos that should be coming soon. The tracklist was similar to other gigs but they did play Quicksand which he said they had not played on tour yet. The Rain encore was outstanding and had the whole room bouncing in unison while singing along. What a perfect evening.
sutefani Posted: 31-07-07 2:48
+1 Votes Login To Vote
What a fantastic show last night in Orlando. I thought it was smart that the show was at the House of Blues . . . There were many Brits singing along with us locals. I loved the Flowers in the Window rap. :o) Does anyone know where they're shooting the music video in Orlando?
Iulia Posted: 31-07-07 4:45
+4 Votes Login To Vote
I am European, came to Orlando epecialy for this concert and I can say it was a once in a life time experience. When i saw the location I was a little shocked as it seemed to me so small for their concert. But I was happy to discover that the audience was singing along with the band every single word. And that the band were warm and seemed really happy to be there. After the show me and my friend waited for about 2 hours for them to come out and say Hi. Andy did. And did not leave until every single one of us (we were about 30) took pictures with him and autographs. I have seen lots of bands live but Travis were warm and friendly and happy to perform there, did a great show and I am just proud I was there!
clockpolitiks Posted: 31-07-07 6:13
-1 Votes Login To Vote
Great show. The guys were all looking very happy and seemed to be having a lot of fun. Sadly, I am very uspet that they never came out to greet the fans after the show. Only Andy did. The rest never came out. They could have told us not to wait around for 2 1/2 hours for them. Me and 30+ fans wasted 2 1/2 hours waiting, and mostly all of the band never came out and never gave us word that they weren't going to greet us. Some of us had hours of driving ahead of us. I still feel very disappointed and disrespected. I expected more from a band who seemed so happy to play for fans. It was my first time waiting for a band. Probably my last as well.
God Posted: 31-07-07 10:53
A short review of the concert would just be AMAZING! But I'll go on. Me and 3 other drove from Tampa. About an hour drive and change drive. This drive is really nothing to me having see about 31 concerts in Orlando and 22 of them being at the House of Blues. 1st I just found it amazing that I was finally seeing Travis play live and in Orlando. The 1st time they have ever played there. And its amazing that if I was in teh UK I mostlikey would be hearing Travis playing but watch the big screens to see then playing. But Since its the US I am standing only 9-10' away. The beginning of the show, outta every show I have ever seen was the greatest openning ever. Standing in the crowd hearing the Rocky theme playing as the boys make their way thou the crowd from the back of the room, was great. As each walked by I gave them each a high five and patted Fran on this back. As they make their way to the stage the jump up, throw the boxing robes they each are wearing and grab their guitars and bass and go right into Selfish Jean. I could have left right after the song, it was just that freaking good. The shows went on from there. Every single song was great. And if almost felt like it was a greatest hits tour. I have never heard so many of my favorite and most popular songs played at one show. Every single movement on the guitar was resplendent. Andy was really on his game. Even as he climbed his amps he still played on. And without a error. Fran's singing was tops and even his little jokes and stories inbetween songs were entertaining. Giving out Jaffa Cakes a fan gave him was very funny. And Neil on Drums and Dougie on Bass, great as aways. Dougie even took Frans place, on Turn I think it was, to sing a little. Which was cool to see. The whole show from beginning to end was on of THE GREATEST CONCERTS MY EYES HAVE EVER SEEN. They are showsmen at the very top of the game. From the great rap and help on Flower in The Window to the Keyboard solo on Good Feeling by Klaus Klaus Klaus. Fran said they were filmming their next music video in Orlando today, I can't wait to see, and that they will be back to play live again. I pray to *wink wink* that it happens.
And I just wanna say about clockpolitiks review. Not to piss you off but lame lame lame. Travis came to Orlando to play their great songs for the people at the HOB. Be that people have come from mintues to hours to days to other places in the world. That is their job. They write great music and put on a amzing show for you to hear. Not to come outside and sign autographs. And they might not have even know that you where even outside. Its not their job to know. They are there like teh song says, All They Wanna Do Is Rock. When a show is over they are more tired then any person standing there. You can't judge a show or band on the fact that they didn't come out to meet you. You must also remember that they are a huge band, maybe not in the us but do you think they would come out after a show in the uk...don't think so. Plus Fran said that they had a video the next day, it was 11 at night, they did just play a show and Fran might have been relaxing, he did say his leg was killing him after he jumpped from on top of the drums. Got to a show, if you get to meet a band good for you but don't feel disrespected cause they didn't come outside and shake your hand they didn't travel to the us to shake hands only rock and roll. I thank you. :)
soniahearttravis Posted: 01-08-07 12:36
+4 Votes Login To Vote
i saw the first concert of the tour in philly (which is where i'm from), the third in nyc and couldn't get enough so i flew down for the last! and it was totally worth it!! this was probably the best of the three for sheer energy and fun! loved the boxing robes, the banter, the climbing on the amps (andy, we're glad you didn't fall!) and drums. travis is possibly the most entertaining live band i've ever seen. and thanks for the jaffa cakes, fran. can't wait to see you guys in a year!
kgolds Posted: 01-08-07 11:29
+1 Votes Login To Vote
We flew down from Philly to see the concert at HOB, and it was worth every cent! This is my second Travis concert in the US, and it was amazing. Only in Disney could you be at a Travis concert, standing next to a girl from Romania, behind two guys from South America and next to a guy from Ireland. What a truly international concert! We stood in the front row, and I was a Flowers in the Window lucky pick catcher. Loved seeing the band really enjoying performing for the crowd. And the audience was totally into it, from singing along, sharing cookies, and pogoing. Dougie loved the sexy hip shakes! Thanks for the Jaffa Cakes, and hope the knee heals Fran! Looking forward to seeing you in Philly real soon!
whitedudemco Posted: 02-08-07 8:18
+3 Votes Login To Vote
What an awesome show at HOB.
I think I was just shocked as Fran to see sooooo many people there. Loved the sense of fun that they breed and make it all look easy! Great songs that just soared.
HOB is traditionally a crap venue but Travis made it feel like a stadium and a lil pub gig at the same time....Love u guys and cant wait till u come back to Orlando! Dont forget about us.
myeyes Posted: 03-08-07 12:04
+4 Votes Login To Vote
The show was amazing. It was probably one of the best live shows I've ever seen, everything about it was spectacular. The only problem I had was the 2 1/2 hour wait afterwards to meet them, and they never showed up(except for Andy). Considering it was their last U.S. tour date and that they pretty much always come out after every show they do, it is not unreasonable to think that they would come out for this one. The crew going back and forth, telling us it would only be "10 more minutes and all the guys would be out" didn't help much either. I still have much respect for the guys, i just don't think it was right to let their fans wait outside for them for 2 1/2 hours only to be greatly disappointed. To add icing to the cake, while they drove past us on the tour bus, they closed their blinds as soon as they saw our faces. It is more of a bittersweet experience because as much as i loved their performance, they really disappointed me in their actions following it.
x0xmonicaleighx0 Posted: 03-08-07 5:16
+1 Votes Login To Vote
there arent enough words to describe how amazing the orlando show was! it was my first time seeing travis live and the two hour wait was completly worth it! My friend and i got front row right in front of doug.Their entrance was great with the flashlights and boxing silks. haha. Their music was even more amazing live because of the energy they gave out to the crowd. by the end of the night they had the whole room either chanting or jumping up and down in tandum. it was hilarious when doug and andy played fran's guitar while fran continuted to rap a line from "flowers in the window" it really proved what a great sense of humor these guys really had. they said they would be comming back withing the year and i hope this remains true. i know many people plan on being there.<3
jackuon Posted: 10-08-07 6:00
+1 Votes Login To Vote
This was the best concert I have ever been to, and I can't thank Travis enough for visiting Florida! I thought I would never be able to see my favorite band live; I was ecstatic when I saw Orlando on the tour. I even made a poster to show my love and appreciation. (Yeah, I was the crazy fangirl with the poster that said: "THANKS 4 'COMING AROUND' 2 FLORIDA!" with oranges for "o"s. ^^;)
But even if I didn't already love Travis and every single song that was played, it would still be the most amazing live performance. Fran's voice was pitch perfect and gorgeous, Andy was uber-rock-god (I was in front of him!), Dougie's playing and singing was hypnotic, and Neil was just plain fantastic! (Oh, and Klaes performed beautifully under the pressure. ;)
I loved how energetic and loving the band was. It's the most enjoyable when the band looks like it's having as much fun as the audience, and they did. =D
I really hope that Travis will be "Coming Around" to Florida again soon because they have so many dedicated fans here, and from this concert, they just made a whole bunch more! <3
TULI Posted: 11-08-07 3:25
HI, I WAS ON THE SHOW THAT NIGHT, I LIVE IN MIAMI AND ME AND A FRIEND WENT TO ORLANDO ONLY FOR THE SHOW, IT AN AMAZIN TRIP!!! THE SHOW WAS INCREDIBLE AND MEET THE BAND BEFORE THE SHOW WAS SOMETHING THA WE NEVER EXPECTED THANK YOU FOR YOUR MUSIC, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS!!!!
WE ARE THE GUYS FROM ARGENTINA AND URUGUAY.
I HOPE WE CAN SEE YOU AGAIN VERY SOON, THIS WAS OUR FIRST SHOW, AND IT WAS MORE THAN IMAGINE!!! HOB, THE PERFECT PLACE, THE PEOPLE WERE GREAT, AND THE A GREAT GREAT BAND!!! THABK YOU, IT WORHT IT!!!!
SEE YOU SOON GUYS AGAIN IN FLORIDA WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!!
HERNAN
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US