Hammersmith Apollo, London, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 57 Upload Photo

Reviews: 19 Post Review
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted: 30-05-07 12:46
My face aches from grinning so much.
sunshineinabag Posted: 30-05-07 1:13
i cant sleep, i'm still on such a high.

my 10th travis gig and definately one of the best. A very rock vibe... i took my daughter (who fell in love with Dougie .. oh he's such a flirt with that bass and those hips... what's a young girl to do, eh?) and after the gig she said she'd thought Travis were a pretty mellow band but couldn't believe how hard they can rock - i just smiled a knowing smile ;).

They almost played my dream set... the new songs fit seamlessly with the old favourites - anything from Good Feeling gives me a buzz live and we were treated to some greats from that album tonight.

Roll on gig number 11 - i cannot wait!!
lozm Posted: 30-05-07 2:19
What a great gig, both birmingham and this are about par with each other. Was great meeting Dougie before the gig, thanks for doing photos with us. Looking forward to the Nottinghamshire gig.
gug_jnr Posted: 30-05-07 9:07
Great gig chaps!!! Closer and Battleships etc sounded great along with the classics....KLAUS! KLAUS! KLAUS! KLAUS!!!!!!!!!
dortizm Posted: 30-05-07 10:26
just amazing!
they gave all their best for their return! :-)
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted: 30-05-07 10:41
Well, where do I start??

Last night was the 8th time I have seen Travis (I think) and I have to say that the gig topped all other Travis gigs I have attended. They delivered exactly what you would expect and more - rocking and uplifting music, mixed in with witty chat in between. I absolutely LOVED the Rocky Balboa style entrance (my boyfriend Rob is gutted because he came to Koko with me and is also coming to Westonbirt but he was unable to come last night - Rocky is one of his favourite films!)

Koko in February was also amazing but last night was even better. I was smiling from start to finish and am still on a high now, despite having to get up at 5.30 this morning to take my friend and fellow Travis fan Lil to Waterloo!
I also felt that the band were much more at ease than they were at Koko, maybe because Koko was one of their first gigs after such a long break?

Fran was brilliant as always and looked like he was really enjoying being back, Andy was bloody fantastic and I think he impressed everyone in that room with his guitar solo in AIWTDIR whilst crowd surfing!, Dougie looking very cool as usual on his bass (we love your moves!) and Neil the backbone of the band as ever (do you ever wish you could jump around like the others?).

You guys have such an amazing energy, I feel you could give some of these newer bands a run for their money, and I truly think you guys should be up there headlining Glastonbury!

It’s hard to pick highlights as I could rave about it all (I woke my boyfriend up last night to tell him all about it and in the end he had to tell me to go to sleep!) but personal faves were Selfish Jean, Eyes Wide Open, Closer, AIWTDIR, Good Feeling and of course Why does it always rain on Me - loved the umbrellas, reminded me of Glastonbury '99!

Like I said, I loved Koko but last night I truly realised how much I have missed you all and I am SO glad you're back. Loving the album and can't wait for Westonbirt, good luck with all the other dates guys x

Love Aimee :)
diogoyork Posted: 30-05-07 3:39
I have been to the gig yesterday , it was the first tie that I have seen then live, one night before the concert, I spoke with Frank and I said to him that I could not go because I will be working, but I find a way to go, and it was like a dream, because I never had imagine to seen them playing live, as I am from Brasil, they never been there! The entrance, was something incredible, to see they walking through the public! Any way o doesn’t know how to describe it, but it was something unforgettable!
Thank Travis!
PipeDreams Posted: 30-05-07 9:23
well last night was the best night of my life it was sooo amazing frans voice is even better live and i didnt think you could get any better, and thanks you guys for the photos and autographs didnt see neil thou :( haha. fran your voice was soo amazing in all of them spech closer loved it thanks for putting on such a great show xxx Love Amy xxx
chiara Posted: 31-05-07 12:13
the most exciting to me. thanks a lot.
Fran Posted: 31-05-07 12:18
+12 Votes Login To Vote
WOW. That was the best London show I think we ever did. By we I mean you as well. By the end of the show it felt like a band with 4000 singers. Just crazily good. Some of the photos you've posted are incredible. SO good to see Andy crowd surfing from the other side. WHat a night. I am still buzzing. Good way to end the fist leg of the British tour. See y'all in the forests in June. Roll on Germany. Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja...
jaffacakes07 Posted: 01-06-07 8:24
It's been a while but worth the wait, they are getting better and better with every live show, my best Travis gig so far! I left London and travelled home dreaming of wonderful things, Come back soon. Love ya guys!
rocio Posted: 01-06-07 5:51
fue realmente maravilloso.... una noche magnifica...nunca pense que podria ver a Travis en vivo....viajamos desde chile con mi marido para asistir al concierto.......realmente valio la pena. estoy muy feliz...y ahora esperar Paris..
Paul Posted: 01-06-07 9:26
Wow! What a fantastic gig! I’ve only had the opportunity to see the guys live three times, but this was by far the best. The energy in the place was amazing. I’m normally a bit hesitant about singing along, but this time I thought sod it and sung my heart out to every song. The entrance with the 20th century fox fanfare and Rocky theme was inspired. As was Andy’s crowd surfing. That was something special. Plus it’s always nice to see the stanjo make an appearance. At least this time I was at the front, and not part of the Malteser crew.
iplosz Posted: 02-06-07 5:53
hi
was anyone from Poland on that concert??!!I was there!my music dreams came truth:):):)!!!amazing gig!thanks!!!greetings from Poland:)
miira Posted: 03-06-07 2:23
+2 Votes Login To Vote
I wish I was there. As I see most of Travis-gigs are great. Hope We will see boys in Poland soon. Great album:)
chriskeeble101 Posted: 04-06-07 12:36
+2 Votes Login To Vote
A great mix of old and new stuff seen here tonight proving (as if needed) that Travis can still give a crowd a good feeling (pun intended).

As they came out to the Rocky fanfare - we knew it would be a good night and after a stomping start of Selfish Jean the crowd was ready to take 'em on!

The new material sounded fantastic live especially My Eyes - a real Flowers In The Window of the new album.

The usual suspects of Driftwood and Writing To reach still held their charm as did Invisible Band songs Side, Pipe Dreams and Sing.

After a rousing rendition of Turn the band left the stage and returned with a special acoustic version of Flowers... dedicated to Klaus (the keyboard player who, under intense pressure, played the Piano solo of Good Feeling note perfectly) who recently got engaged.

The finale of WDIAROM left everyone with a sense of wonder and exhaustion as the entire crowd pogo'd to the final chorus.

So, after a dry spell in the Travis camp and a darker previous album, it seems the band have found their feet again and have come up with the goods. The new album sounds fresh - yet familiar and on stage it all comes to life.

Full Set List:
Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
Writing To Reach You
Love Will Come Through
As You Are
My Eyes
Pipe Dreams
Side
Driftwood
Good Feeling
Closer
Sing
Battleships
All I Wanna Do Is Rock
Turn
(encore)
Flowers In The Window
U16 Girls
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
Mike_Thomas Posted: 05-06-07 8:20
I've let seven days pass before writing my review for this gig and I'll start by saying that the show made me take the time to register to the forum.

I was at the same venue for the 12 Memories tour in March 2004 and personally didn't think that could be bettered until last Tuesday. I think that the generally very positive reviews to The Boy With No Name helped create a sense of freedom and comfort that perhaps wasn't evident at the time of the 12 Memories tour and as stated already by various members, the new songs fit in very well with the classics. My Eyes is my favourite track of the new record but none of them sounded out of place and Eyes Wide Open in particular seemed better live than on the album version. Great to see As You Are and Pipe Dreams still holding their own in the setlist against the other singles and Good Feeling went down well. I left the place thinking that the band performed a pretty much perfect setlist without needing the likes of Happy, More Than Us, Coming Around, Re-Offender and The Beautiful Occupation so they maybe can be judged just as much on what wasn't played rather than the tracks that were performed.

We were lucky enough to be on Andy's side of the stage and from past experience had told my mates to keep an eye on him during the guitar solo to All I Want To Do Is Rock but even I wasn't quite expecting him to stage-dive. Very pleasant nonetheless to help him on his way.

A brilliant night, then, and I think that at least two of the guests that joined me will be getting themselves a copy of The Boy With No Name before too long. Or nicking mine.
greeny81 Posted: 17-03-08 10:16
+1 Votes Login To Vote
This was an awesome show - go tto meet Fran & Andy before the gig outside,who wished me a happy birthday!
Told Fran not forget his words to My Eyes as per Reading 2 days before!Hope he has'nt stumbled on the hurdles since!Can't wait fo rth enew aolbum and seeing the lad's again!
odetojhayton Posted: 06-10-08 6:42
What an amazing show. Had gone to my uncle's funeral earlier in the day. Was debating whether to go or not, did and the songs were even more poignant for me.

My 3rd Travis concert, great performance. Show and Night will never forget. Thanks Travis
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
31 Castlegate, Aberdeen, UK 
30 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
November
26 House Of Blues, San Diego, CA, US 
25 Marquee Theatre , Tempe, AZ, US 
24 House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA, US 
23 The Joint, Las Vegas, NV, US 
21 Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, US 
20 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, US