Friday, September 05, 2008
Indian Summer, Shrewsbury, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 24 Upload Photo

Reviews: 5 Post Review
Somewhere Else Posted: 06-09-08 1:38
+1 Votes Login To Vote
What A Night!

Shrewsbury I will remember, not so much my best or greatest gig cus it wasn't ( it wasn't Dougies either) but it was a cool gig ....frought with a few probs ...Floods - Fotos ( crap) Fools with alcohol

but

Its so great to see the Guys . I LOVE Frans Hat..I LOVE Dougies coat ...and Dougies hair goes curly in the rain , like mine haha. They were up against it tonight! - the weather was bloody awful although the worst of the rain kept off during the Gig - It was the slowly wet stuff.

There are Floods all around Shrewsbury and people were stuck everywhere - I mean really stuck! It took me 2 hours to go 2 miles to the GIg in to Shrewsbury and a detour out of 2 hours too.

We had a great setlist tonight ( although I am wanting another Ode Gig ) I can see why they didn't Ode tonight as the crowd really seemed to want the older stuff ( a guy next to me came from Liverpool just to hear Turn!) but I have to say when they did 3 songs of Ode - Mega mega sound ! It stood out above the rest - it was just so much more alive .Everyone digged it.It got me thinking really that if the next album is along the same lines, they will really rock. Dont get me wrong , I love the older stuff too butI am so in love with the new sound.

Im hopeless at remembering but ( not in order but nearly)

Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide OPen
Driftwood
Side
Closer
Love will Come through
J.Smith - YES!
Something Anything - YES!
Song to Self
Turn
Sing

Flowers

Slideshow
Blue Flashing Light
Rain - Rain Rain Rain and a Rain on poor Dougsie ( I'll get em for you next time - it took the smile off my face too)

so much so I started to walk out but I have to say everyone was LOVIN IT so it was the sensitive amongst us who felt for him .. If someone upsets my fav basist then I am upset- Its juts the way it is and he was upset by some F*** Idiot chuckin lager/or whatever in his face. Ive never seen Dougie this upset - I was angry, very angry. There were a few shits in the fromt crowd , maybe cus it was Friday and no drink control when usually ppl have to queue to be at the front . Anyway Dougie , at least it was at the end.

Guys the music was great .. J.Smith , the crowd loved it and Something Anything...what a blast ..I have got a great vid of this but I think the sounds crap as are my still photos .

Andy ..I got a great vid of you playin in Something Anything., I was at your side tonight and I loved watching you play ..I know you are enjoying the new stuff too.

Hey Neilly - "Flowers in the window such a loveley day and Im glad you feel the same" haha only pulling your leg maybe they can get a queue thingy for you .

Looking forward to next gig , hope its more like Notts- couldn't hang around tonight . As nice as Shrewsbury is -it wasn't today

Oh and Claes Claes Claes - Nice haircut and it was nice to hear you say hello :)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:35 AM
nickynooboo Posted: 06-09-08 7:19
Wow!!! Last night was absolutely awesome. After ten years of listening and enjoying, I finally got the chance to see you guys in the flesh....and in my home town no less! Yes it was cold, yes it was wet and at one point I thought I was going to disappear into the mud but that didn't take away from the experience. If anything, it all added to the experience because you knew that everyone that was there REALLY wanted to be there. It felt alot more intimate because of the amount of people there, which I thought was a good thing.
I was right at the front and relished every second. It was amazing to see the reaction to some of the older stuff and I sang my little heart out along with everybody else. I have to say that the new stuff sounded awesome and I am really looking forward to the album coming out.
The only downer of the night was the idiot that decided to throw a can of Carlsberg on stage which narrowly missed Dougie. If it's any consolation Dougie, I got covered in beer from it before it got to you!!!!!
Anyway, hope everybody else had as good a time as I did. It's an evening that I won't be forgetting for a very long time.
Nicky x
momentslast Posted: 07-09-08 2:40
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Completely unforgettable, a night that will live with me forever.

Small gig, small crowd, massive band, massive atmosphere, and a massive thanks from me for coming to our small town. Ohh yeah, loads and loads of rain as well (how could I of forgotten that).

I've posted a few pics, none of them are brilliant, but they are the best of what I got, you can see the rain and get a feel of the night tho.

I took my wife to the gig, she is 34 weeks pregnant, we sat quite some way back, so she didn't get knocked in the crowds. After about five songs I couldn't help myself, I left her sitting on her own, under an umbrella in the rain, and I joined the crowd near to the front of the stage, it was wet and messy, but nobody cared, if anything the rain added to the atmosphere.

Highlights for me... everything, completely stunning, but I do like the new songs. 'J Smith' is excellent, I was slightly disappointed that you didn't sing 'Sarah' though, and also it's not on the new album, shame as it's fast becoming my favourite song.

Travis's music has always stood way higher than anything else on this planet for me, I love the sound, the lyrics, the old and the new, and to hear it live for the first time just blew me away, so much so that I'm off to the Wulfrun Hall on the 30th of this month to see you guys again. My wife will be at home this time though, as she'll be 37 weeks pregnant by then (I'm trying to convince her that Fran or Travis is a excellent name if we have a boy).

Fran, Dougie, Andy, Neil, and Claes, you were amazing in awful conditions, you were way above what I was expecting, and to take the time to do a small gig like this shows your commitment to what you love doing, and to us.

Dave

jojooooooooooooo Posted: 07-09-08 10:16
loved it...loooooooooooved it. i want to go again.....can't you guys come back!

loved being at the front too... it was AMAZING...yeh...except for that dude who threw whatever...twice might i add.....i felt it on my head twice anyway.

but absolutely brilliant...please come back....love it =D
xxxxx
pammyp Posted: 09-09-08 3:04
had a great night at the quarry, i think it was that little bit more special for us as we only live 15mins away, guillomotts were amazing, travis were as wicked as eva cant wait until we go to wolves the new stuff is sounding great...(dont no what was up with dougie) but roll on sept 30th..xx..
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
12 Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, BE 
10 Melkweg, Amsterdam, NL 
08 Rockefeller, Oslo, NO 
07 Vega, Copenhagen, DK 
November
28 Academy, Glasgow, UK 
22 Rockpalast Festival, Essen, DE 
21 FM4 Acoustic Show, Vienna, AT 
16 Festival Movistar Musica, Caracas, VE