Travis

Sunday, November 16, 2008
Festival Movistar Musica, Caracas, VE

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 78 Upload Photo

Reviews: 16 Post Review
capelaez Posted: 17-11-08 5:47
We are not used to this kinds of shows. We are not used to this kind of bands playing in Caracas. Thank you for an incredible performance, Venezuela loves the scotts, specially Whiskey and Travis. Thank you so much. I always knew Travis was a good band, but I had no idea.
lady_brandybuck Posted: 17-11-08 8:43
+4 Votes Login To Vote
What a gig!
Thank you guys for coming to Caracas, It was a beutiful gig.
Bless you all, we had a great time. Got to love Fran's Humour, every song was perfect, and the ones from the new record sound great live. the highlights of the show we're Flowers in the window simply beautiful, Sing, All I want to do is Rock with Andy up there!, WDIAROM and Good Feeling...
Thank you guys! hope to see you back in Caracas again, fantastic night!

P.S. Claus! Claus! Claus! Claus! Claus!!!
magy Posted: 18-11-08 12:28
Excellent concert. More than excellent. You guys are the best. THANK YOU. And Please, please, please, please come back. PLEASE.

Gabriela ;)

yis Posted: 18-11-08 12:48
the show was amazing really the best freaking show i ever been to, the only thing i miss was the banjo sound in the songs, i was waiting for them to play it in sing, but anyway, i have the best time, fran is so lovely and nice with the crowd, loved the part when we had to point at klaus in his piano solo!
luisedo Posted: 18-11-08 1:59
I'm still in shock, what a great band, what a good feeling (like the song), maybe my favorite band ever and they visited my country (and my university =]). My favorite songs: "Selfish Jean", "Flowers In The Window", "Sing", "Driftwood", "Turn" and "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?". The new songs are awesome too. Guys, you're great. Thanks for coming, and please, COME BACK! Now, my dream is to see Travis again.
marigabys21 Posted: 18-11-08 3:16
I had the best time with you guys.... I just wanted to hear "the beautiful occupation" so i hope you´ll come back soon and sing it!! I LOVE YOU!!!! THANKS FOR COMING!
BarbSchael Posted: 18-11-08 9:56
Thank you sooo much for comming! I died knowing that you were to play here and i did die back at the concert! It was my dream come true and i thank you for that!! I really hope i can keep going to your concerts because not only the well played music, but also the interaction with the audience... Love your band forever and hope to see you soon again!
misslc Posted: 19-11-08 9:47
Awesome!! It was great to see your show.. you blow my mind!! it was all i expected and more!! thank you very much for comming to caracas!!

Andretje Posted: 20-11-08 3:57
thaaaaaaaaaaanks for coming guys! It was such a lovely night with you here!
Your music is absolutly lovely!
Thanks for everything! for every song and for making that beautiful music!

<3
xioma_vzla Posted: 20-11-08 4:13
+2 Votes Login To Vote
One review per show is not enough!! LOOOOVED IT... I'M STILL SHOCKED!!

1.Selfish Jeans: way to open!! the sound, lights, clothes.. perfect!
2.Writing to.. "we are Travis in case u thought it was R.E.M." the first Fran's joke of the night. :D lov ya!
3.J.Smith.. Great "rockie song", loved Andy's solo.
4.Smthing Anyth.. along with Long way Down (5)... great songs!!!
6.Re-offen.. brought tears to my eyes while I sang it.
7.Love'll come.. still crying and started waving my hands to give Fran his "boat on the ocean" feeling. ;)
8.Side: In this song I wanted to die 'cause Fran went down to the crowd, jumped from the drums and then all went crazy rockin' on stage!
9.Sing: Everybody singing the chorus.. it was lovely.
10.GoodFeel.. CLAES CLAES's song! Fran was so mean! haha.."all cameras please foccus on him and flash on and on".. lol.. "I got a Claes's feeling, I don't know how I'm feeling, make me feel like I'm from Sweden", "where ppl talk backwards" Well done Claes.!!
11.Closer.. remember everything quiet and just the crowd singing "closer closer.." lovely! very intimate moment.
12.Flowers.. Original and fun! No more comments just perfect!
13.Song2self. They needed to start over!
how cute! Just like a band's rehearsal in a basement.. so natural.
14.Driftwood. it sounded exactly as the album version! perfect! Fran got excited and ran off and unplugged his guitar without notice it.
15.ALL I WANT TO DO IS ROCK!!!... MADNESSS!!! Fran screaming, Neil's drums, Dougie jumping and Andy "MONKEY MAN". My favorite song dedicated to R.E.M. I can now rest in peace.
16.Bfore u were.. remember Dougie drinking bear!! haha got you! And I started crying again "I lov u, I lov u, I lov u.."
17.Turn.. Loved the style of Doug. then Andy and Fran kicking to the air at the same time.. and the audience singing ALL THE SONG! NOT JUST THE CHORUS!! ;)
18.Why does it..? You better thank God it wasn't me the girl who jump on stage 'cause I wouldn't let you play or my singing could have disturbed you guys! lol. Fran ask us to jump but I was to sad for jumping 'cause i knew it was the closure! :( I wanted more!

Pleaaase you have to come back.! I really hope you have felt comfortable here in Venezuela. I also wish you've taken just good memories! This was the best concert I've ever been.. I used to love you as a band.. now I love you guys as a band an persons!! Everything was perfect!!!

P.S: Loooooved your scottish accent guys!! hehe. COME BACK!! :(
xioma_vzla Posted: 20-11-08 4:23
One review per show is not enough!! LOOOOVED IT... I'M STILL SHOCKED!!

1.Selfish Jeans: way to open!! the sound, lights, clothes.. perfect!
2.Writing to.. "we are Travis in case u thought it was R.E.M." the first Fran's joke of the night. :D lov ya!
3.J.Smith.. Great "rockie song", loved Andy's solo.
4.Smthing Anyth.. along with Long way Down (5)... great songs!!!
6.Re-offen.. brought tears to my eyes while I sang it.
7.Love'll come.. still crying and started waving my hands to give Fran his "boat on the ocean" feeling. ;)
8.Side: In this song I wanted to die 'cause Fran went down to the crowd, jumped from the drums and then all went crazy rockin' on stage!
9.Sing: Everybody singing the chorus.. it was lovely.
10.GoodFeel.. CLAES CLAES's song! Fran was so mean! haha.."all cameras please foccus on him and flash on and on".. lol.. "I got a Claes's feeling, I don't know how I'm feeling, make me feel like I'm from Sweden", "where ppl talk backwards" Well done Claes.!!
11.Closer.. remember everything quiet and just the crowd singing "closer closer.." lovely! very intimate moment.
12.Flowers.. Original and fun! No more comments just perfect!
13.Song2self. They needed to start over!
how cute! Just like a band's rehearsal in a basement.. so natural.
14.Driftwood. it sounded exactly as the album version! perfect! Fran got excited and ran off and unplugged his guitar without notice it.
15.ALL I WANT TO DO IS ROCK!!!... MADNESSS!!! Fran screaming, Neil's drums, Dougie jumping and Andy "MONKEY MAN". My favorite song dedicated to R.E.M. I can now rest in peace.
16.Bfore u were.. remember Dougie drinking bear!! haha got you! And I started crying again "I lov u, I lov u, I lov u.."
17.Turn.. Loved the style of Doug. then Andy and Fran kicking to the air at the same time.. and the audience singing ALL THE SONG! NOT JUST THE CHORUS!! ;)
18.Why does it..? You better thank God it wasn't me the girl who jump on stage 'cause I wouldn't let you play or my singing could have disturbed you guys! lol. Fran ask us to jump but I was to sad for jumping 'cause i knew it was the closure! :( I wanted more!

Pleaaase you have to come back.! I really hope you have felt comfortable here in Venezuela. I also wish you've taken just good memories! This was the best concert I've ever been.. I used to love you as a band.. now I love you guys as a band an persons!! Everything was perfect!!!

P.S: Loooooved your scottish accent guys!! hehe. COME BACK!! :(
jorgelmr Posted: 20-11-08 9:30
It was fantastic, they did a review of its six ambulns songs. Very nice performance. The environment was great. You must be come back.
shes_so_strange Posted: 21-11-08 8:32
It was awesome!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe that I attended this show!!!! You guys made me so happy that day!!! I hope to see you again!!! Thanks a lot for coming! I also hope you guys had an awesome time as much as we did! Keep on rockin'! I will never forget that day! Love you guys!!!! Fran, Dougie, Andy and Neil, Venezuela loves you! :D
kkeyher14 Posted: 24-11-08 2:36
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Hello guys!! First of all I want to thank you for coming to VENEZUELA!! It was the best concert I've been to!! YOU ROCKED THAT DAY!! AND YOU RULE EVERYDAY (IN MY HEART)!! Fran, Dougie, Andy, Neil, Claes I saw you at the airport and I can swear it was the best experience ever!! I don't know if you remember those 3 girls calling your names and singing "Turn", well... I'm one of those ;-) In a moment we were worried cuz your flight arrived really late (we thought you weren't going to come) but then... there was FRAN (OMG) (so hurried, by the way) and my friends and I were like :O... we took him a pic and gave him a cart (I hope he read it)!! 30 minutes later there was all the band out and we got crazy!!! My best friend loves Dougies, she just said "DOUGIE, DOUGIE" haha but he didn't even turn his face, he was mad, but I think that when we sang "Turn" he got happier ;-) YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY CUZ WE LOVE YOU GUYS!! I can't stop thinking about it!! I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING TRAVIS, I LOOOVEEE YOOU SO MUCH!! I feel realized cuz I saw you and met you! THANK FOR BEING YOU, FOR BEING GREAT PEOPLE (CUZ YOU ARE AWESOME)!! TRULY YOURS, KAREN KEY!!
PS: I hope you had a GREAT TIME IN VENEZUELA!! =) R.E.M. was cool (I know you stayed backstage)
kathwood Posted: 24-11-08 4:10
+1 Votes Login To Vote
TRAVIS!!!! WOW!! I have to say that I'm thrilled yet...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! for coming to Venezuela. I can't believe it yet. It was a Wood of Dream =) WHAT AN AMAZING SHOW!!! I really didn't think it would happen, to have you, here....I'll never forget those 2 days =)...Thanks for embrace our souls (of my two friends and mine) in the airport and in the concert...WHAT A CONCERT!!! ESPECTACULAR!! =O =D...Fran I love your smile, your child spirit =) THANKS for make us jump!!! your voice sounds like a melody in the meadows in the fall..Andy: WOW! you ROCK man! I really like the way you play that guitar and the banjo, you're so WOW!! really like you XD..Neil: always nice, charming, relaxed =D I like your attitudeXD..Claes: the new guy hehe! good luck with these crazy guys hehe! =)...DOUGIE: Dougie, Douglas!!! I want TO THANKS for everything! the way you moved in the airport hehe!! (I love your dance), your humor, you're like the wine man! you get better every year =) I want to see you again, someday (I love you boy, cause you are a little boy yet in the sweetest way hehe) I love your song "Colder"...Scotland must be WOW!!! I want to visit that country, and go to Glasgow!! Someday, I will!! GUYS I admire you, because your songs are for living, and make true our Dreams...Always yours, Katherine A. A. DOUGIE, DOUGIE!!! you're always the must smiling guy!!! I'm so happy cause I met you and talked to you!...¡¡VIVA TRAVIS!! =D
alemat Posted: 01-12-08 3:32
The best concert ever!

My review in Spanish:

A las 6:45pm aproximadamente comenzó uno de los conciertos mas esperados de toda mi vida: ¡Travis!, sin duda una banda que con el pasar de los años no deja de agradarme más y más. ¿Como comenzó? Con el intro de unos niños coreando un "DO RE MI" que daba inicio a la genial "Selfish Jean" aquella pieza cargada de ira de la quinta produccion The Boy with no Name. En lo que comenzaron a tocar supe que la noche sería mágica y por supuesto inolvidable, cuanta energía la de los escoceses Andy Dunlop (Guitarra principal), Francis Healy (Voz y Guitarra secundaria) Dougie Payne (Bajo) y Neil Primrose (Batería).

Luego le siguió el hit del The Man Who "Writing to Reach You" y la línea "Every day I wake up and it's sunday" no se pudo adecuar mas a la situación. Francis Healy tiene que ser el mejor frontman del mundo (comentario bastante imparcial de mi parte jaja) "Por si alguien pensó que eramos R.E.M. no lo somos, somos Travis y venimos de Escocia" bromeó, "Lo que escucharan a continuación es J. Smith, y es de nuestra sexta producción, tenemos seis discos" "J. Smith" que es uno de los temas mas experimentales del grupo en el que incluye líneas en latín hizo su aparición seguida del single promocional de Ode to J. Smith "Something Anything" uno de mis canciones favoritas en los actuales momentos, el riff pegajoso de la rockera "Long Way Down" le siguió.

El momento del 12 Memories llegó con "Re-Offender" aquella en donde en el video musical Healy descargaba su furia contra los demás miembros del grupo, obviamente esto no fue recreado en el escenario jaja, le siguió "Love Will Come Through" la canción de amor no típica y una de mis favoritas del 12 Memories no sólo por su melodía sino por su letra "So take me don't leave me, Take me don't leave me, Baby, love will come through it's just waiting for you"

Ahora le toca el turno a The Invisible Band con los hits y las mas coreadas de la noche Side y Sing. En "Side" Francis Healy demostró que a los 35 años no se le ha olvidado como roquear, bajó hasta al publico, recorrió toda la tarima, se subió a la batería, saltó desde ella!, sinceramente, cuanta energía. "Sing", la mas coreada, y por la que muchos descubrieron a la banda sonó, lastima que no fue tocada con el banjo, pero igual fue genial Francis solicito ayuda al publico para la siguiente canción en la que había un solo de piano sumamente complicado por lo que Claes Bjorklund (teclados en vivo) estaba algo nervioso, así que nos invitaba a que le diéramos un poco de animo además de incrementar la presión en el jaja, por lo que al darnos la señal todos debíamos señalarlo mientras gritábamos "Claes! Claes! Claes! Claes!", simplemente genial, el publico estaba sorprendido por la entrega y el buen humor de la banda en especial de Fracis Healy.

"Closer" la mas melancólica de la noche le antecedió a "Flowers In The Window", la cual merece mención aparte ya que fue interpretada en un ambiente mas intimo y con un feeling increíble, los cuatro miembros del grupo mas Claes Bjorklund frente del escenario prácticamente abrazados, a la mitad de la canción Healy alzo sus brazos para aplaudir mientras que Dunlop hacia los acordes y Payne el riff de la canción, cuanta genialidad. La sensación de soledad que inspira "Song To Self" se hizo presente, pero se detuvo rápidamente ya que Healy no sintió que lo había hecho muy bien el comienzo, por lo que fue repetido jaja, esta vez, a la perfección.

Le siguieron "Driftwood" y la roquera de Good Feeling "All I Wanna Do Is Rock", antes de comenzar este tema Francis Healy contó la anécdota de que estando en el salón de clases cuando joven un profesor golpeo fuertemente el escritorio diciendo "R.E.M. es la mejor banda de rock del mundo" se sorprendió mucho ya que no conocía a la banda, por eso se siente muy honrado de compartir tarima con ellos, en este tema Andy Dunlop trepo las bases que sostenian las luces de la tarima para tocar el solo del tema, simplemente INCREIBLE, cuanta energía durante todo el tema. "Before We Were Young" y "Turn" abrieron el camino para el gran final con el hit y mas esperada "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" la cual puso el broche de oro a la noche, como detalle curioso una fanática llamada Gaby logró subirse al escenario, a pesar de que los agentes de seguridad la sujetaban para intentar bajarla y que no se acercara a ningún miembro del grupo Healy les dijo que la dejaran y luego de un abrazo le permitió que escuchara el ultimo tema sentada en la tarima!. "Intentaremos hacer un Pogo es simple sólo saltan en su sitio repetidamente (mientras emulaba como hacerlo), cuando yo les de la orden" dijo Healy, el final perfecto para una presentación perfecta a la que incluso quiénes no fueron a ver a esta la banda los dejo satisfecho y sorprendidos de la energía, humildad, buen humor y carisma de la banda, final 8:05pm

Setlist:

1. Selfish Jean (The Boy with No Name)
2. Writing to Reach You (The Man Who)
3. J. Smith (Ode to J. Smith)
4. Something Anything (Ode to J. Smith)
5. Long Way Down (Ode to J. Smith)
6. Re-Offender (12 Memories)
7. Love Will Come Through (12 Memories)
8. Side (The Invisible Band)
9. Sing (The Invisible Band)
10. Good Feeling (Good Feeling)
11. Closer (The Boy with No Name)
12. Flowers in the Window (The Invisible Band)
13. Song to Self (Ode to J. Smith)
14. Driftwood (The Man Who)
15. All I Wanna Do Is Rock (Good Feeling)
16. Before We Were Young (Ode to J. Smith)
17. Turn (The Man Who)
18. Why Does It Always Rain On Me? (The Man Who)
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
12 Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, BE 
10 Melkweg, Amsterdam, NL 
08 Rockefeller, Oslo, NO 
07 Vega, Copenhagen, DK 
November
28 Academy, Glasgow, UK 
22 Rockpalast Festival, Essen, DE 
21 FM4 Acoustic Show, Vienna, AT 
16 Festival Movistar Musica, Caracas, VE