Travis

Monday, September 22, 2008
Ironworks, Inverness, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 17 Upload Photo

Reviews: 8 Post Review
Nevermore Posted: 23-09-08 1:39
+10 Votes Login To Vote
What a fantastic night.....this was my first Travis gig and wow! They were absolutely excellent.....and what a bonus to have them do their own support! Loved the new songs and so many old favourites to. Really looking forward to getting to another gig.

As for Fran.....always did think he was a lovely guy but that opinion has been strengthened tonight.......the world needs more like him!
Turn1969 Posted: 23-09-08 3:30
+2 Votes Login To Vote
It was my first Travis Gig, You were fantastic! Even more fantastic was you were your own support band! Loved the new album! Good Luck Guys! xxx
Bab Posted: 23-09-08 4:53
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Not sure if the support band were really American! The Accents were a bit suspect!!!They were great tho!

One of the best gigs we have been to! Surprises every minute! Fab new songs and brilliant old ones. Laughed and sang till our sides hurt! Especially liked jokes re Sheena Easton, Keene and your Granny, Fran!
moominmama Posted: 23-09-08 6:17
+1 Votes Login To Vote
This was my first Travis gig and I wasn't disappointed - fantastic night. The mix of old and new material was simply brilliant. Kinda glad your support couldn't make it!
Fran really got the crowd going with a wee bit o banter - despite feeling under the weather! Hope the toddy helped Fran. Just remember to put in more whisky than water!
I think the fans in Inverness will remember this for a long time..
chaz Posted: 23-09-08 9:04
+5 Votes Login To Vote
What a great night. To hear the whole of the new album in full was brilliant,(big up the customs guys for caging those Tigers in heathrow) to then be followed by every song you would want to hear pure class. My fist experience of Travis was when they supported Oasis at the Aberdeen Exhibition all those years ago, from then I was hooked. Every time you see them you feel the gig is a one off, as there is always something different. Of the new stuff, something anything, friends, get up, before you were young, are the ones I remember the most, to be honest they were all up there. The old stuff it is timeless, and the busk of Flowers in the Window, magic, the whole night was rocking from the word go.
My wife wanted to let Fran know if he wasn't getting any better that she would soon help him get over his cold, whatever that means??
Thanks again for another unforgetable night.
juskho Posted: 23-09-08 9:16
+3 Votes Login To Vote
That was one helluva show!
I was the one taking photos all the time...I´m sorry about that! And I agree with you, the support act was pretty amazing :D Haha!

Oh my, what a night! And I´m so glad I went up to Inverness for it!

Really, I can´t write much more, cause I´m kind of lost for words! The new tracks sounds so good! And the old tracks are still going as strong as ever!

:)

xox
JulesTheNorweegie
93watkei01 Posted: 24-09-08 6:59
+1 Votes Login To Vote
This was my 1st Travis gig and it won’t be my last, there no words that can describe how great the show was. I was 1st in the queue and was right at the front.

The fact that the support act was not there made the gig even better as we got to hear the new album which I’ll defiantly be getting. The main set was fantastic with all of the great songs. Fran and the rest of the band kept the hummer going through out the gig and showed that there not stuck up like some people in the music business. I especially liked the Keane jokes.

I even got a got souvenir from the show, 1 of Fran’s picks, I’m defiantly keeping that.
Keep up the great work and I can’t wait till the new album.
justgems Posted: 29-09-08 2:13
This was our 4th Travis gig - and they keep getting better! Took our 2 boys this time - seeing as how it was a local gig and they'd never seen them live before - and they were blown away.

They were sooooo impressed with the support band - pity about the work permits :o

New sound is fab - just like the old days. Keep up the great work and keep visiting the Ironworks - us fans in the north really do appreciate bands coming this far north. Cheers guys!

JustGEMS
xx
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
12 Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, BE 
10 Melkweg, Amsterdam, NL 
08 Rockefeller, Oslo, NO 
07 Vega, Copenhagen, DK 
November
28 Academy, Glasgow, UK 
22 Rockpalast Festival, Essen, DE