Travis

Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 37 Upload Photo

Reviews: 6 Post Review
toffeenose Posted: 13-02-08 3:49
+1 Votes Login To Vote
have to say it was a really good gig- liked a lot of the new stuff- seems Andy has been allowed to use his guitar a little more- Fran only had his acoustic guitar 3 times - i think. Didn't know whether the massive gong worked from where i stood - near the mixing desk- all seemed happy to be there and thanked the audience-

good to hear a few lost classics that weren't singles, and no WDIAROM?

the requests section was a revelation- glad to hear you heard me fran when you played 20

so much better at small veuues
Somewhere Else Posted: 13-02-08 3:49
+4 Votes Login To Vote
This has to be the best Gig of my lifetime.( more later) I have not returned to earth yet …:-)

The new Songs are mind blowing folks! You are soooo going to love this new album . If it isn’t a Best Seller I will eat my hat ( and Frans as well!) Its Rock but with quality .Skilled, technical and oh so exciting .There will almost certainly be a new following once this is released.- When you can detect a huge feeling on a first listen , you know its a hit.

Each song brought a new dimension . It was hard to choose a favourite as they all had appeal but I thought Chinese Blues , Quite Free, Get Up and Before you were Young shone on my first hearing. Hearing friends in the middle was like, so great , and it sounded AWESOME . The ambience of the Rescue Rooms ( like a connoisseurs gathering) , the Gong , the Prayer Service Sheet, Palace Fires who were excellent - the intro of Mad as Hell paved the way for the most special Gig of my Travis experience. Big Thanks to the lovely guy from Leicestershire who I stood by , who got his torch out and grovelled on the floor to get me Frans plectrum! Yes! - This was his first Travis Gig and he rocked all the way through.

We were in Tricky Tree Land and the shout of ’ You Reds’ made me smile :-) The second half was a spoil of their past treasures and it was really great to hear more of the less popular songs , Falling Down , Ring out The Bell . Frans emotive singing in Falling Down made it very mesmorising. .Everybody loved singing to Lola and Sailing Away -( Fran said he regretted not putting that out as a single)

The end of the night came , sadly , but I finally plucked the courage to wait around and speak to Fran and Dougie- This is a big thrill for me as I am a shy boardie when it comes to things like that .Thanks Fran for taking the time to speak with us , it was really cool to meet you . I loved your hat ;-) Sorry I cant replay ‘Get up‘ as my worst nightmare , mute, was on my new camera that I hadn’t sussed out properly and all my wonderful vids are silent :-( - So my fear of being mugged on the way home for the treasures was , after all , quite funny. Never mind , I got some great pics of you all

Sorry Neil - I didn’t manage one pic of you due to where I was standing but as has been said the drumming was noticeably Fab! Claes, I got some nice pics of you .Dougie , good luck in the coming weeks and hope to see you all before too long to hear all that fantastic music live again.

toffeenose Posted: 13-02-08 4:04
+1 Votes Login To Vote
have to say it was a really good gig- liked a lot of the new stuff- seems Andy has been allowed to use his guitar a little more- Fran only had his acoustic guitar 3 times - i think. Didn't know whether the massive gong worked from where i stood - near the mixing desk- all seemed happy to be there and thanked the audience-

good to hear a few lost classics that weren't singles, and no WDIAROM?

the requests section was a revelation- glad to hear you heard me fran when you played 20

so much better at small veuues
marie7 Posted: 15-02-08 11:50
+3 Votes Login To Vote
What a fantastic gig! It was great to see the guys in such an intimate setting. I loved the new songs,especially Long Way Down and Gotta Get Up..I'm sure they'll be classic Travis singalong requests in no time! They really rocked!

The second half was Travis at its best. Really loved the Man Who tracks of The Fear and a brilliantly refreshing acoustic Last Laugh of the Laughter. Sailing Away was a beautifully crafted track and as Fran quite rightly said...it should have been a single! Fran did a couple of solo tracks, including Falling, with truely haunting vocals.

And after came open requests...the band gave 110%.Loads of requests, good banter, fantastic music and a band that really looked like they were enjoying themselves made for a great night. Can't wait for the new album!
timnowdays Posted: 18-02-08 6:12
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Briliant gig, seen a lot of really good bands in the last 18 months at lot of larger venues.so lucky to see these guys in such a small venue, loved the new stuff, thankyou for playing my request funny thing. There is so much crap out there you guys deserve so much more recognition. I shall keep spreading the word. thanks again a real treat, otp gig!
Hx Posted: 23-02-08 1:46
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Totally enjoyed the gig.
Loved the new stuff. One was more of a chill in my room song (think it was the third on the set list).
Had a great birthday celebration cos of you wonderful young talented men.
Re new songs- liked the variable and changing tempo - kept the peeps on their toes!
Thank you for the very last sentence of gig fran
Hx
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
12 Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, BE 
10 Melkweg, Amsterdam, NL 
08 Rockefeller, Oslo, NO 
07 Vega, Copenhagen, DK 
November
28 Academy, Glasgow, UK 
22 Rockpalast Festival, Essen, DE