Sunday, December 07, 2008
Vega, Copenhagen, DK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 16 Upload Photo

Reviews: 7 Post Review
lhelmark Posted: 08-12-08 7:26
-1 Votes Login To Vote
What a party!!

Thank you for the party you fabulous Scotsmen. You rocked from beginning to end - can´t wait to go see you again.
Gosse Posted: 08-12-08 1:16
-2 Votes Login To Vote
Oh my god!! You just showed everybody (and myself once again), why I love you so much as a band - and have done since 1997. You rocked Vega spot on.
I have never seen Fran so much set on fire than under "Side"... great, great to experience Travis kick ass and how the lads just loved to be on stage. Hope to see you soon again somewhere around in Europe. Maybe Hamburg or Berlin this February... ;-) Luv, G!
Kejsling Posted: 08-12-08 10:00
So true, guys, so true. Best concert for me this year - and I have been to both Roskilde and Skanderborg Festival. But Travis goes right in as number one. I am a true Travis believer. Yeah!
tonyo Posted: 09-12-08 7:11
one of the best Travis gigs ever and well worth the hike to wunnerful wunnerful Copenhagen.
Frans dance with my wife in the audience made her entire year and the best 40th birthday present ever for her! She was still looking glassy eyed on the flight home! Fran what did you say to her?
cheers for a smashing show in a truly great city
Tony
Hanne Posted: 09-12-08 8:55
+4 Votes Login To Vote
The gig in Copenhagen was the best Travis in a while :o) First of all, the venue was great. Actually, the first Travis gig I ever attended was at the same venue. Anyhow, the sound was great and very sharp. Some years ago they played at a different venue where the walls were all concrete and the sound was a bit muddy. This place has a lovely atmosphere and a balcony which means that the whole room seems small and makes the experience more intense.

My day started with meeting Ursina at the airport. We walked around Copenhagen, then went to the venue where we met Peno and of course Edel and Harmony1206 whom we were gonna meet up with anyway. We were lucky to stand very near the front and be able to see. Of course it also had the nice side effect that Harmony got a plectrum and Edel the setlist (of course, she always does!) from Dougie.

The setlist was very rock’n’roll and absolutely brilliant. I felt like I was riding a wave the whole time, and my voice was all strange after the gig. One of the songs was Falling Down, which was a very pleasant surprise for several reasons; first of all, this song is not carried by the band but Fran’s voice. Not that the other songs aren’t, but this in this, it is particularly evident. Secondly, I liked the way he went among the audience to sing it. Thirdly, I specifically remember before the first Travis gig I ever attended, I thought that I’d love to hear Falling Down but they probably wouldn’t be playing it. Lo and behold, they did play it albeit 7 years later :o)

After the gig we hung around for a drink and then went outside. I’ve never met anyone from the band before but Ursina has done this lots of times so I just stuck with her lol. All four boardies got our tickets signed (well, Edel obviously got her setlist signed!), and I even got myself a few photos. It was a really nice experience to meet the members of the band. I keep thinking that it must get boring to always have to sign various items and have your picture taken with strangers. However, if this is the case, it certainly didn’t feel that way :o)

In other words: thanks a lot for another really great gig!
Ursina Posted: 10-12-08 10:18
+7 Votes Login To Vote
This gig was just perfect !
- Travis at their Best
- setlist
- accoustics
- crowd atmosphere
- the friends I was with
just perfect from beginning to end !

The opening band was actually pretty good too, I would say some of their songs have album quality. But as it is with Travis gigs, halfway through the opening set, you wish that they cut it and give way to Travis!
The interwal passed quite quickly thanks to the company present :-D
and then wham ! Travis are on! what an incredible rocking show, so full of vibrant energy! The absolute treat and great surprise was 'Falling Down' a brilliant song performed to perfection. Fran's voice just awesome and this while taking a stroll in the crowd ! Seems he made a few peeps happy ! :-)
Turn, my personal Travis anthem closed the main set bringing me close to tears as always....

Far too soon the gig finished with WDIAROM which left me completely out of puff but with a big grin on my face. :-D

A fantastic night came to an end with hugs and chats with the lovely lads. Thank you so much guys, is it a surprise that I just have to keep on coming to your gigs !?
Lots of Luv as always Sina:)
peno Posted: 10-12-08 11:11
Travis-party in Vega.
Sunday night in Vega are one of the best Travis gigs I've seen. Luv´ any minute of the gig and realise the band so happy and in so fine shape. Any moment were filled with energi and so mutch nerve in the name of live music…no words can tell, so just thanks lads...
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
12 Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, BE 
10 Melkweg, Amsterdam, NL 
08 Rockefeller, Oslo, NO 
07 Vega, Copenhagen, DK 
November
28 Academy, Glasgow, UK 
22 Rockpalast Festival, Essen, DE 
21 FM4 Acoustic Show, Vienna, AT 
16 Festival Movistar Musica, Caracas, VE