Friday, November 19, 2004
Stirling Castle, Stirling, UK

View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 5 Upload Photo

Reviews: 2 Post Review
lecsmith Posted: 23-11-04 10:49
-1 Votes Login To Vote
This has to be up there in concerts I've been to. By managing to get a AAA pass in exchange for helping out in the green room with the bbc (who ofcourse thought I was meant to be working with them and the pass came from someone who was leaving before the bands came on!). I managed to meet Natasha Beddingfield & her band, Snow Patrol, Gail Porter (exceptionally beautiful lady), and ofcourse Travis.

U have no idea how good it was sitting beside the fire between acts I wasn't too bothered missing, and wandering up frontstage when bands I wanted to see were on.

Before the show I went in to give the guys more seats in there dressing room where it seemed there were loads of folk standing talking with Adam sittin on the couch chillin and Neil beside him playin sum racin game on a very impressive laptop. The whole thing was serreal (if thats how u spell it).

Then came the time for the band to go on, as they left I spotted a set-list on the couch, so thot - i have to have that, grabbed it and ran to the stage. Bloody hell how good a show was that. I thot it'd be great to sit up the front - but i was dying to get into the crowd - it just didnt feel right! The atmosphere was incredible, it was damn cold but nobody cared because travis were playin their hearts out. I love the way u feel on top of the world when these guys play - nothing else matters. The only thing was the crowd was quite far back from the stage (obv cos was so high) so the plecs didnt reach the crowd - i didnt think this was fair, so i ran across grabbed frannies plec and for some crazy reason tossed it into the crowd!

Back to the green room - time to get that set list signed - only i know i dont have a pen, but rod (a guy with the beeb does - where the hell is he) i tell the guys i'll find them after, so i grab a seat waiting anxiously for rod. Spot adam nicking a wine bottle inconspicuously (god its too early in the morn!) from downstairs - which he was totally welcome to -- only he forgot the glasses so had to come back down for them - if i was paying attention i wud have told him there was a couple of bottles of red and about half a dozen white under the bunker in the kitchen, but was way too hyper to think. A felt tip pen appeared from somewhere and got the setlist signed and added adam's signature to my flag (keys is my instrument and dont feel they guys get the justice they deserve! )

Back downstairs one of the girls from the beeb comes in looking for the guys - obviously i show off my flag and setlist! - tell her i have to go - explain im nothing to do with the bbc and make a dash for the train back to glas as high as a kite! (bumping into fran on the way out - in my hyperness said summit well stupid (canna even mind wot it was) all i mind is thinkin y the hell did u say that u tit - everythin was goin so well as well! ) ach whit can u do.

Til the next one ( 9th dec hopefully!! )

Lec
Happy to hang around? Sure am! Posted: 28-11-04 6:33
Abosutly brilliant! I never even knew this gig was happening until the thursday nightwhen my friend handed me a ticket at youth theatre. had a great night and met more of my friends there who i didn't know would be there. Snow Patrol were excellent, but we were to far back, we pushed forward tosee Travis, but it was Fiction or something like that who came on, we sarcasticly screamed like we loved this guy, really we'd never heard of him, kinda wish i still hadn't! we heckled the host too, constantly shout ing Nice Rice at him, he had asked us to shout it when he mentioed the sponsers Muller, but we took the p**s and shouted it constantly! then Travis came on, AIWDIR was amazing, one of the best performances of that i had seen. Sing was brill as usual, and the now usual acoustic version of Flowers in the Window blew me away as it always does! WDIAROM was the highlight, bounced throughout, and even seen myself on the tele! I was the only Travis fan amongst my friends, but by the end, they had all been converted. Superb Travis, you do it everytime, full credit to you!

Setlist:
Sing
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Flowers
Turn
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
09 Hopetoun House, Edinburgh, UK 
03 YouFM Studio Concert, Frankfurt, DE 
November