Travis

Wednesday, March 24, 2004
Pavillions, Plymouth, UK

Support: Keane
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 3 Upload Photo

Reviews: 6 Post Review
Fran Posted: 02-09-04 1:25
We were still awake when the bus rolled into Plymouth at 6am today so we decided to go for a sunrise walk.

Neilly, Andy, Dougie, Adam and myself walked up a big hill, through deserted streets, binmen, milkmen staring at us wandering, trying to find the coast. We stopped a man who was walking his dog and he pointed up the street and said it was just over the lip of the hill. It?s called Plymouth Hoe, the bay area. We went all badass rap about beatches and ho's as we strolled along.

When we got to the top of the street, the view was beautiful. The bay is crescent shaped, houses and beach huts dotting its perimeter. It were high up too, looking down on the sea with trawlers, naval cruisers anchored further out, and sailing boats scattered around the bay.

We had to walk down loads of stairs, across a road and down more stairs to get to the water. The sun was low in the sky, seagulls swooped, I got my shoes and socks off and stuck my feet into the ice cold water. God it was freezing. Neilly joined me.

We sat side by side and took the pain. He described it as the same pain one gets as a child when you eat ice-cream and get that brain-freeze feeling in the centre of your head, except this was in your feet. Bone cold.

After getting the socks and shoes back on, we walked back up the stairs and checked out the lighthouse, Plymouth was a major player in early British history, in the days when England ruled the seven seas.

The walk back was brisk. More people were beginning to emerge for their workday, sleepy eyed. We were wide awake, fresh faced, cold footed and a little hungry. Across from the venue was a big old hotel ?The Duke Of Cornwall?. As we passed its extractor fan hit us in the face with English breakfast smells.

Cut to us all, apart from Neilly who went back to the bus to sleep, sitting in the big breakfast hall of the Duke, surrounded by all these single men eating their business breakfasts. Nobody was talking. It was like a scene from Withnail And I.

We ordered the full English heart-attack, minus the kidneys, Andy got the giggles, the food was delivered, we ate it, paid the bill, put some staff on the guest list, walked back to the bus, and went to sleep.

Checked into the hotel at midday and faffed about all day, drinking water and emailing.

Day offs ROCK.

Read in the Mirror today that I was calling the Cardiff crowd wankers because they were booing and they pelted me with coins and I told them to gob on who threw the coins. Ha!
God it?s funny how things are reported compared to what actually happens. That?s the UK press! Bless them.

The show tonight was brilliant. Plymouth you rocked the tisch. Thanks for that. After the show I hung backstage and ate dinner and then played on the computer for a while until it was time to go. Met some cool folks outside. Spoke to this guys mum on the phone. I don?t think she had the faintest idea who Travis were. Haha!
We got on the bus and drove to?
B-RIGHT ONNNNN
on the pan, who? Posted: 25-09-04 6:42
+2 Votes Login To Vote
This was my first travis gig in fact it was the first gig i've ever been to. Travis were absolutely fantastic, I think they sound evev better live than on their albums. Keane were also excellent after seeing them here I decided to buy their album when it came out.
Sam Posted: 28-09-04 5:02
My second Travis show, which I was really excited about. The show was fab apart from the fact that I couldn't see a thing - there were no screens and I was stuck right in the middle - anyway we had a great time and the highlight was Flowers! Here's to the next time!!
DrunkPunk Posted: 28-09-04 10:46
What a gig!! the third time ive seen Travis and it was the greatest gig ive EVER been to. i met all the guys before the how and they all signed my programme and i even had me photo taken with Dougie! i was at the very front of the crowd and in the middle so i had an amazing view. Keane were awesome. then Travis came on and just blew me away. they were stunning, all frans little stories, all the jumping,Andy getting up on top of his amps in all i wanna do is rock and walking round the front of the crowd so we could all play his guitar in happy, everything about that gig left me on the biggest high ever. The setlist was brilliant, all the old stuff off Good feeling was the best. and the passion they all put into the gig was inspiring. words just cant describe it!
lexmarkplymouth Posted: 01-10-04 10:45
gemma
me and my sis were at the front, they were amazing! i managed to catch frans towel. first time ive seen them, it definetly wont be the last! brilliant show boys!
LORRAINE FREEGUARD Posted: 15-02-06 10:21
THIS WAS THE SECOND TIME OF TRAVIS, CANT GET ENOUGH OF THEM, IT WAS BRILLIANT!!!!( YOU CANT BEAT A LIVE!!!!) MY 8 YR OLD DAUGHTER THOUGHT IT WAS BRILLIANT AND SANG HER HEART OUT THE WHOLE TIME, BLESS HER!!! SHE LOVES TRAVIS AND WANTS MORE. THE CROWD AT PLYMOUTH WER'E BRILLIANT AND I FELT PROUD TO BE A PART OF THAT, THANKS TRAVIS X X PLEASE COME BACK!!!!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
09 Hopetoun House, Edinburgh, UK 
03 YouFM Studio Concert, Frankfurt, DE 
November
19 Stirling Castle, Stirling, UK 
09 Luz De Gas, Barcelona, ES 
08 Chesterfield Caf, Madrid, ES 
04 Hanbury Arms, Brighton, UK 
October
29 Virgin Radio, London, UK