Travis

Wednesday, February 04, 2004
Verizon Wireless Theatre, Houston, TX, US

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 10 Upload Photo

Reviews: 3 Post Review
invisibleglow Posted: 26-09-04 1:02
This show was absolutely amazing. It was my first and only (so far), Travis concert. Needless to say I was very pleased to be going. I went with my mom, who after seeing them became an instant fan. She should have listened to me for the past two years I've spent raving about them, but this is ok.

After our four hour drive to Houston, we arrived at the Verizon Wireless Theater. This venue was perfect! It was fairly small and intimate, which made for a remarkably touching show. (This is one of the few perks of being a Travis fan in the states.)

The support for the show was Jason Falkner, who I'd never heard of before (except that he'd assisted Travis during the recording "Killer Queen"). I managed to get a spot about four people back for this opener. This guy on stage with nothing but an iPod to back him up was absolutely amazing. Although, I have to say that the best part of his performance was when Dougie, Andy, and Neil came to back him up on his last song. Absolutely beautiful. Yes, I cried.

For the actual Travis performance, the crowd got a bit tighter and I ended up about 7 people back, which was still a decent spot. I was right between Fran and Andy (about 15 feet from each, perhaps?). Fran, as always sang his soul onto all of us. Andy played the hell out of his guitar. Dougie swayed his hips, like he was doing a hula-hoop, and Neil played his drums like there was no tomorrow. It's hard to believe the boys can play this well so consistently. This band is amazing.

I wanted to go to the gig in Dallas the next night, but seeing as how I was already missing a day and a half of school for this one, and my teachers just didn't seem to understand how this concert could possibly be more important than school (teacher's just don't understand), that seemed unlikely (though, my mom did consider it after seeing this concert).

Afterwards, I talked my mom into letting me wait for the guys in an attempt to meet them, which proved to be successful as shown in my pics. Yes, I did cry again(geez, the boys sure do turn me into a big baby). This is yet another remarkable attribute of this band. What other band puts so much time and effort towards their fans? They are truly one of a kind. This was, by far, the best night of my life, and I can't wait for my next gig.
dolphincase Posted: 19-10-04 10:51
This is one of the best concerts I have been too in a long time. See the picture above with Franny and Dougie. That is my red sharpie in Fran's mouth. I was very late and I knew I had to be at work later on that day since it was already after midnight. Anyways, I left with out getting my sharpie back and followed them (ironically) down I-45 North. We were both going in the same direction. Travis rocks and I have a large poster propfessional framed in my office and everytime someone comes in to my office they know about Travis and the word of good music from Travis is spreading. Thanks for a great night, CCCase
spy008 Posted: 16-01-05 6:49
This was my very first rock concert and it's by far the most exciting thing I've ever experienced in my life. Travis is awesome live!! That night they performed a mix of old and new songs from their 12 Memories album. I absolutely loved it. They were also genuine with their fans. I waited to meet up with them after the show to get my guitar picks autographed and everything. Too bad I couldn't understand the guys' accent and didn't have a camera either.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
09 Hopetoun House, Edinburgh, UK 
03 YouFM Studio Concert, Frankfurt, DE 
November
19 Stirling Castle, Stirling, UK 
09 Luz De Gas, Barcelona, ES 
08 Chesterfield Caf, Madrid, ES 
04 Hanbury Arms, Brighton, UK 
October
29 Virgin Radio, London, UK