Wednesday, March 10, 2004
Barfly, Glasgow, UK

View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 44 Upload Photo

Reviews: 4 Post Review
Fran Posted: 30-08-04 3:22
+1 Votes Login To Vote
Had a really long lie today. Ahhhhh. We met on the bus at 4pm and drove to soundcheck.

Tonight we are playing at The Barfly in Glasgow as a part of a nationwide effort to raise money for WARCHILD and SHELTER.

The idea was to get a bunch of big bands to go back and play gigs in really small venues. We rehearsed a version of Why Does It Always Rain On Me where I played the drums, Neilly played keyboards, Dougie sung, Andy played Bass and Adam played guitar.

It sounded very good. A little scratchy but good. Great fun. I am a frustrated drummer so was loving playing the drums, too much!!

Nora arrived today ? and was at the hotel when I got back. We had some dinner and then it was time to go to the show.

The idea was to jump on the bus and drive round to the venue and then go from the bus straight onto the stage and then after the show straight back on the bus and then away. And this is exactly how it went.

The show was brilliant. Made me think about doing more like this. We did a really small show in Norway at the end of last year and again had a brilliant show

The atmosphere last night was electric. Playing in these massive venues is one thing, I personally have a problem with the bigger shows.Like the bigger a band gets, the further away the fans get, literally. You get the sense that the band is ?up there? and the fans are ?down there? in these massive sheds, which goes against every principle we stand for.

But we do these shows because there is a massive demand for tickets in each city. If we were to fulfill the demand at venues this size we?d have to play 150 shows in each city and would be on the road for 10 years per album.

Anyways, we?ll definitely be doing more shows like this as well as the massive and the medium sizes.

Highlights tonight were, well the whole show was a hoot. ?Why Does It Always Rain On Me? performed by ?Crevice? our own tribute band, was the best.

Flowers In The Window without PA was cool as well. Everyone was singing along. The vibe in the room was fantastic.

After the gig we caught up with mates in the hotel bar.
exilis Posted: 27-09-04 11:43
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I turned up at the tiny Barfly venue bang on half 7 not entirely sure how this whole process worked. At the door I was asked my name then given a funny wee band and invited in to enjoy myself. After a drink at the bar we headed downstairs to the actual venue. It's here the size of the place struck me. Less than a meter in front of me was the stage, and about 20 meters behind me was the bar. Talk about an intimate venue!

The set was absolutely fantasic. From the rendition of flowers in the window without the PA, to Crevis performing live! to Back in Black the whole night was fantastic.

It trully was a night that I will never forget and I hope and pray Travis choose to do similar events in the future. This is how music should be played live!
dobber Posted: 01-10-04 6:48
+1 Votes Login To Vote
this was the third time i,d saw travis live and definitley the best.i,d sent about 10 text entries to the competition line and only won because another winner could,nt make it.i only found out i.d won the night before the gig. to see my favourite band in such intimate surroundings was a dream for me. highlights of the show were flowers in the window, which was like a sing along with fran singing acoustic with the pa off.i was on a high for weeks after the show and think it will take something special to beat this night ever. anyway i,m going to the barrowland on monday to see travis and this is the venue that i thought i.d never get the chance to lads live so it, all good.cheers lindaxxx
Weedief Posted: 05-10-04 1:06
+1 Votes Login To Vote
I was shocked to get tickets for this show, totally overwhelmed at the thought of it. To see my favourite band in such a tiny venue is fantastic.

We were at the front and regretted instantly not having a camera with us. The whole set was great, everyone really did feel they were seeing something special and we were all part of a club. When Fran sang Flowers in the Window, the rest of the band sat at the side of the stage with some beers. Fran was completly off PA which was amazing it was like a big campfire sing a long to which everyone seemed to get the words wrong. They went on to play Why does it Always Rain on Me as Crevis with them all swapping instruments - Fran on Drums, Dougie singing, Neil on Keyboards, Andy on Bass and Adam on guitar it was brilliant, Andy looked downright bemused at how easy Dougie has it as a bass player and Fran went mental on the drums (definately a frustrated drummer) Had a ball, totally once in a lifetime stuff, although I hope they do it again.

Linda :)

Setlist:
U16 Girls
Writing To Reach You
Re-Offender
Pipe Dreams
Quicksand
Sing
Love Will Come Through
The Fear
The Beautiful Occupation
Side