Travis

Friday, January 30, 2004
The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA, US

View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 29 Upload Photo

Reviews: 1 Post Review
Melinda Posted: 25-09-04 1:47
I was finally going to be seeing Travis with my fiance!

Veronica was so touched by the performance on Thursday night, she decided to come along with us on Friday night, even though she didn't have a ticket and it was sold out. Where there is a will, there is a way, and she did manage to score one when we got to the Wiltern. Line was a little longer than yesterday, but no big deal. About 10 people or so in front of us.

I spent much of the day getting some of the photographs from Las Vegas and the first Wiltern show developed across the street at Sav-On. God, fell in love with the Kodak Picture Maker! Did an 8x10 of one of my Andy photographs, because it was just stunning. I also put together a 20 pg booklet of 4x6 sized photos from Vegas and LA.

Saw Get Happy and Californiagirl again. Made some new younger friends as well, Jasmine and her sister Roxanne and their friends. Took them to the back of the venue where they waited all day long to meet Travis.

Travis arrived at the venue a little bit later than usual, and it was just Neil, Andy, and Dougie. They'd just finished taping the Craig Kilborn show and needed to rush in for soundcheck. I went to say hello and Neil saw my 8x10 photo of Andy and commented that it was an EXCELLENT photo. Aw, bless you Neily! Andy was kind enough to come over and sign it for me. I told him about the nasty fools who'd taken his towel from me the night before, and he said "I'll get ya tonight." Then I gave him the book of photos I'd put together for them. Said goodbye, and headed back to the line.

Once getting in, took my spot on the barrier again. Husband to be by my side for the first time seeing Travis together, it was just amazing. Througout the show we held hands, even kissed. He said we probably looked like big nerds. I could care less, I had my favorite guy, and my favorite band, I was happy as a lark.

Tonight the song that just kicked my arse was All I Wanna Do Is Rock. Through the whole week I loved seeing Andy get up on the amps and play with the guitar not even strapped on to him. It was very intense, totally incredible, and like a mum, I worried he'd fall and break his head every time he jumped off the amps. But watching those moments is just awesome.

Fran's Flowers is also really great to watch. It makes me sad that many of the audience members felt the need to scream and yell during it, because it's so amazing to see him with out being amplified or electrified, if you know what I mean. It's almost like he's in your living room, singing you a sweet little folk song. And because that is such a sweet love song, it was particularly sweet to hear along with my lovely fiance.

After the show, we stuck around to say goodnight to the band. There was a lot more people buzzing about tonight, but that was OK, we really just enjoyed being around all our new friends. But what startled me was when Fran came out and was talking to some people, he turned around and said to me (I don't remember exact words, so I may paraphrase here)"You're photos are excellent, I'll be there in a minute to talk to you." It was really nice. Dougie also commented on them as well. Said goodbye to Andy and his wife, who was heading back to London the next day, and also said good night to Neil. Dougie and Fran stuck around outside for quite a long time talking with everyone. Lit up a smoke for Dougie and we talked for a while. Finally, it was time for them to leave, but I did get a chance to introduce them to Bob (the fiance). Me, being the corny nut that I am, told Fran during the introduction that Bob was "the flower in my window."

I am such a geek.

To be continued in the final chapter, January 31st...

Setlist:
Happy To Hang Around
Re-Offender
Writing To Reach You
Pipe Dreams
Quicksand
Sing
Love Will Come Through
The Fear
Beautiful Occupation
Side
How Many Hearts - (substituted for Mid-Life Krysis, not on displayed setlist)
As You Are
Driftwood
Somewhere Else
All I Wanna Do Is Rock
Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Turn

Encore:
Flowers in the Window (Accoustic)
Peace The Fuck Out
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ