Travis

Thursday, March 25, 2004
Brighton Centre, Brighton, UK

Support: Keane
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 11 Upload Photo

Reviews: 4 Post Review
Fran Posted: 02-09-04 1:26
Awoke at a late, late hour today and had some lunch I think. I was awoken by Anton (Corbijn), who was coming out to Brighton today to see the show.

He was calling to tell me his car had been clamped and he was waiting for the blokes to come and unclamp him, which would mean he would be late. Poor Anton. Oh? Anton is the man who took the photographs for 12 Memories and directed Re-Offender video.

Soundcheck today was good, although I seem to be drawing a blank on the two hours after I woke up. Oh? I have a new guitar tech called Mickey. Adey, who?s been doing the guitars for eons with us, had to jump on the Duran Duran tour because we?d be stopping in a couple of weeks and the start of their tour overlaps with the end of our UK tour.

Mickey is lovely. It was his first solo show with us tonight and he did great.

We had to do 3 TV interviews this afternoon. One for South African TV and two for Japan. Interviews make my brain fizz, so my brain was fizzing when we got back to the dressing room.

By fizzing, I mean it makes my forehead wrinkle and I want to rub my eyes constantly. Anton had arrived, Yay. He is the sweetest man. We chatted for a while and then went to see Keane perform.

Tim?s mum was at the show tonight so it was a biggy for him and also for the rest of the band, as they are from that neck of the woods. After Keane I got my shit together and before I knew it, it was time for da show.

We opened with More Than Us again tonight. It?s an ok opener, maybe a little slow and sweet to begin the set with. We?ll go back to Happy To Hang Around again. If anyone has any set opener suggestions please say so on the message board. Cool.

Another cool show tonight. I burst a gut every night. I have no idea where all the energy comes from. I need to drink more liquid daily. I loose so much when I perform.

After the show Anton came back. Ian gave me a DVD of us performing with Graham Nash so we sat and watched it on the computer. It?s magic. Ahhhhh?oh and I got to meet Tims mother, who is becoming a UK legend in her own right, calling up Chris Moyles and telling him to play Keane b sides. I spoke to her on the phone in December at Steve Lamaq?s Christmas party. She and Tim?s dad had a good night tonight. They were sweet.

So now it?s 6.34 in the morning. We are in Manchester once more. Today we are going into see Mark and Lard on Radio 1 for their last ever show. What a sad day. They are the best thing on the radio, along with Moyles in the morning. We are staying at the same hotel as we stayed in the last time. I wonder who I?ll meet in the lobby this time?
FiL Posted: 27-10-04 11:58
Amazing! I've been to three Travis gigs all at the Brighton Centre and this was by far the best. Having Fran sat right in front of me singing 'Flowers in the window' off mike was just beautiful. Can't wait 'till next time, thanks guys.
snoozingphil2 Posted: 30-05-07 10:57
hi guys back again and this time was a bit empty in there was it too cold for people? Good show loved the turn off everything and just fran and his guitar really good and even better to hear some b side old tunes.Came with my new missus and she hasnt been to a gig since see went to see ronan keating ( we shall forgive her??!!) and she loved it too. loads of great merchandise as usual see you soon guys
sorry to all the miserable people that got the hump cause i was pogoing and singing along through the whole set and they were just stood still stiff upper lip LIVE A LITTLE ITS A TRAVIS GIG!!!!
thetwinkleinfranseye Posted: 23-08-07 9:12
Every time i see the gigs you do at the brighton centre they just get better, i remember a couple of years back when you were singing solo with your guitar and a woman just wouldn't stop heckling you, you just sat and refused to carry on till she shut up. Soooo funny!! At the same gig you invited a bloke to play on Gran Turismo while you were singing and he was terrible i've never seen a group try to sing while laughing quite that much b4, You guys rock entertainment and music excellent value for money, LOL. Don't stay away to long plz.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
09 Hopetoun House, Edinburgh, UK 
03 YouFM Studio Concert, Frankfurt, DE 
November
19 Stirling Castle, Stirling, UK 
09 Luz De Gas, Barcelona, ES 
08 Chesterfield Caf, Madrid, ES 
04 Hanbury Arms, Brighton, UK 
October
29 Virgin Radio, London, UK