Travis

Monday, November 08, 2004
Chesterfield Caf, Madrid, ES

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 14 Upload Photo

Reviews: 3 Post Review
Trusko Posted: 09-11-04 1:53
Wow,

many things to say, and no-thing to start with. First of all, I think I've just forgotten my english. I'm shocked. 2 days ago, i thought i couldn't go to the Travis show in Madrid, but yesterday, a friend of mine told me we could go there!!

I started to jump (when I arrived home, haha). Today (well,yesterday), after a long hard day, I went to the 'Chesterfield Caf?' and at 9:50(?) Travis started to play some of their hits: Side, Sing, WDIAROM, Flowers in the window, Turn, Driftwood, BLUE FLASHING LIGHT (!!!!), etc, etc.

The Show was AWESOME. You are so nice!!! I laughed a lot when Fran tried to say 197 in Spanish, haha. And...well, I admit we didn't know all the lyrics of WDIAROM, haha.

After the show, all the members of Travis stayed to sign the cds, take photos with the fans...etc. Thanx for signing me the cds and for the photos. TRAVIS, you are the nicest band in the world!!!!

THANX FOR BEING HERE!!

I hope we see u again next year.

Albert.
pipedreams_eliz Posted: 09-11-04 10:38
Alright what can I say what can I say... This was a very similar experience to my last and first Travis-gig. I didn't know I was going until the day before. I had been worring the whole week, trying to go to Barcelona, but I just couldn't do anything. The day before the gig, my father noticed all my worries, and he asked which band it was, and managed it for me to get there. WOW i couldn't believe it. I was screaming and jumping around all the time.
Yesterday was the gig. I came to the venue/bar quite early, but i couldn't get my tickets until late so i lost the queue. But it didn't matter because in the end I was in the very first row in the very middle!!! How could I imagine that? We had to wait a lot until the band appeared on stage. First a model or something came to announce the gig. But then THEY appeared after an hour wait. It was them, yeah, them. Who could have told me this some months ago, that I would be seeing Travis just a year after I saw them for the first time ever? I didn't know if I should scream, cry or die. I was so very happy. Well they played a lot of famous songs plus two less usual tracks: blue flashing light and 20. There were so many funny moments during the gig that I really can't remember them all. Something very funny was when Fran told us how much Travis songs travisography.co.uk had, 197 or something like that, and he started asking the audience how to say that in spanish. Some guy screamed 'un huevo' which is some kind of vulgar way of saying 'a lot', but Fran didn't really trust him so he asked someone else. I loved that he talked so much with the audience, some bands kind of seem to ignore that there are people right in front of them. Dougie was really funny during the whole the gig, with his dances and everything. Andy (I thought he had given up smoking!!) seemed very happy during all the gig, a bit out of his mind, but he was very smiley and nice and smoked in a very funny way. And Neil was sitting there playing drums with a lost look in his deep blue eyes. The gig was kinda short, just like any other promo-gig. After they finished Fran said that he wouldn't play any other song but he promised he would be back next year with some wonderful new stuff. They stayed on stage signing autographs and other stuff as it seemed that they would leave the venue right after that. Very nice thing to do, thank you. I didn' have anythig that they could sign because I couldn't get anything out of my bag. Then I got some sheets out of my bag, then 2 of the CDs (Dougie really wondered about Good Feeling, as if it was something prehistoric) And so on, they signed a pick, my shoe and my mobile phone. Really nice guys, really caring. I can't thank you enough for this gig, for everything you did. The guys are incredible, wonderful, unbelievable, undescribable.... JUST THE BEST (I can't think of any other adjectives that could describe them in English)
So a very big thank you Travis!!!
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Love, Elisa
Barbarella Posted: 09-11-04 7:52
Hello Lads,
what a great show last night! it was unbeliveable. It was the first time ive ever been to see you live, and you really amazed me.
I had high regards of you Scottish guys in general, yesterday you just prove it better!!!
so friendly, so with the peopl, so with us! we just love you guys! come back soon.
can?t wait! Neil you were the sexiest of all of them !!!!( sorry to the rest).
I have a question that really doesnt let me sleep...are you, lads, true scotsmen? :P
I?d love to know!.
Love will come through....One day I am sure.
(I wouldn?t let you go anyway!).
Love,
Barbarella xxx
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
09 Hopetoun House, Edinburgh, UK 
03 YouFM Studio Concert, Frankfurt, DE 
November
19 Stirling Castle, Stirling, UK 
09 Luz De Gas, Barcelona, ES 
08 Chesterfield Caf, Madrid, ES