Travis

Sunday, March 21, 2004
Internation Centre, Bournemouth, UK

Support: Keane
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 5 Upload Photo

Reviews: 5 Post Review
Fran Posted: 02-09-04 1:23
I?m sitting in the bus, in a carpark, in Cardiff. I could be anywhere really. Carparks all have that certain carparkness about them. It?s 4.04am. All is quiet. Neilly is here with me. We spent the journey from Bournemouth chatting. Talking about the next record and wondering what it will be like.

These moments are precious Neilly and I have had these conversations for 13 years now. We are the mum and dad of the band. I?m the mum. Neilly is the dad.

I remember sitting in Lenzie station after rehearsals, waiting for the train to Queens Street Station, gabbing about the future and the present, where we thought it was going to go and about where we thought we could take it, the frustrations about being on the outside of a hostile music business, and wondering if we?d ever make it over the wall. We gabbed and gabbed.

This is what we?ve always done and what we were doing tonight. It was cool. I think he?s gone to bed now, to bunkland.

Gig tonight was another goody. Between soundcheck and the show Dougie, Craig and Nick had a game of football. Half an hour later Dougie came into the dressing room clutching his right eye. Craig had blasted the ball at point blank range and Dougie was seeing stars. To be more exact he was seeing a grey patch in his vision. It went away after half an hour but had poor Doug in a panic.

The show was cool. Another room full of happy people. Thanks, Bournemouth.
Travis Rocker Posted: 24-09-04 6:48
following on from reading we arrived at the gig at around 850pm just after keane had left the stage my mum n dad were at this 1 with me too they enjoyed it although my dad made the comment of "They Didn't Play Many New Songs" hehe made me laugh lol. anyways we really enjoyed the gig apart from being covered in beer when some idiot knocked into me n split his pint down my back i wasn't happy but i enjoyed the gig all the same thanks again guys!!
raven798 Posted: 28-09-04 9:27
we got there far too early for this one and had to create the queue in the foyer, which highly confused the security staff who couldn't understand the concept that we wanted it acknowledged that we were there first! hehe.. anyway mission was accomplished and we took up position right in front of the centre mic. Having downloaded Keane's stuff i was ready for that, and having received my first didgital camera I got some amazing photos and 3 min video clips of this gig, which I will share. Being that close (as i was at Docklands 2002) makes for an out of this world gig... shame I cant make it to any of the Singles tour dates but for 2004 I don't think this gig could be beaten for me. Highlights was opening with More Than Us, with the guys entering the stage one at a time, and Flowers In the Window being sung acoustically over our heads while I filmed it! Ryan
barry Posted: 28-09-04 10:12
Another gig I travelled down from Portsmouth for! I thought Keane were an excellent support act, but once again Travis were amazing. All the new songs and old sounded amazing. I enjoyed this gig apart from some drunk guy was being a twat!

An enjoyable show though!!!!
WeeLittleLassyxoxo Posted: 27-05-08 12:43
Four years late I know but...LOVES IT!!!

xoxo
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
09 Hopetoun House, Edinburgh, UK 
03 YouFM Studio Concert, Frankfurt, DE 
November
19 Stirling Castle, Stirling, UK 
09 Luz De Gas, Barcelona, ES 
08 Chesterfield Caf, Madrid, ES 
04 Hanbury Arms, Brighton, UK 
October