Travis

Saturday, November 15, 2003
Philipshalle, Dusseldorf, DE

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 8 Upload Photo

Reviews: 3 Post Review
Vero Posted: 05-10-04 5:05
This concert was absolutely great!
The support band was "Athlete" and they really did a great job warming up the huge crowd in the Philippshalle. I saw many people buying their album after the show and I was one of them. ;-)
Travis played an enormous setlist and the guys were really in a grand mood. Fran was wearing his white suit, a green shirt and a brown cap. I still know that because I have picture of that show, but I took it from the webpage of a radiostation, so I think it's not okay to post it here. For me it was really amazing to see Travis live again, because after Neils accident, I thought that I wouldn't get the chance again and so I was just totally amazed seeing him play the drums with so much fun and enjoying himself just the way he used to do.
They mostly played songs from 12 Memories, but that wasn't a big surprise ;-). Unfortunately, there was no "Dougie-Solo" and no coversong.
I can remember that during the last song (Why Does It Always Rain On Me) a fan that was standing in the first row threw his mobile phone up to Andy. Andy stopped playing and catched it, a little bit surprised. And then he really talked to the person who was on the mobile phone (!), although it must have been quite difficult to understand what he was saying, as the rest of the band continued playing WDIAROM ;-). Fran looked a bit bemused when he noticed that Andy hat stopped playing, but noone said anything concerning this after the song. :-)
The only thing I didn't like about that concert was the high price for the tickets... I would have gone to at least one other conert of that tour if it would have been cheaper, but I just couldn't afford to pay so much. :-(

Setlist:
1. Happy To Hang Around
2. Re-Offender
3. Writing To Reach You
4. Pipe Dreams
5. The Beautiful Occupation
6. The Fear
7. Sing
8. Quicksand
9. Love Will Come Through
10. As You Are
11. Driftwood
12. Side
13. How Many Hearts
14. Humpty Dumpty Love Song
15. Somewhere Else
16. All I Want To Do Is Rock
17. Turn
…………………

18. Some Sad Song
19. Coming Around
20. Peace The Fuck Out
21. Why Does It Always Rain On Me
rita Posted: 12-10-04 7:20
i do agree, the show was brilliant! it was only the second time i've ever seen travis play live so i don't have so many comparisons but to say that it was one of the best concerts i've ever seen doesn't need any! you just know. however, the only two things i remember exactly is 1st: dougie's ever catching grins and smiles into the crowd (being grumpy while watching was impossible!) and 2nd: fran's excellent imitation of the evil queen from "schneewittchen" - "spieglein, spieglein an der wand" - he had the whole crowd throwing themselves away (at least i believe he had.. )- well done, fran! please give us more of that :-)
xoMAJAox Posted: 11-11-04 6:28
This was a real good concert...my first one and hopefully not the only one :D. I'm still checking travisonline daily for new infos, 'cos I don't want to miss a concert nearby. I'm going to england next year feb./march. might also check infos about concerts in london and cambrige.
Thanks for the great atmosphere, I'll always remember this concert...there was just one thing that touched me just the same as your concert...Zimerman's piano concert. I love this band and it's the only one I'm listening to ;), am addicted to classical pieces.
Thanks for this fantastic concert.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
20 Alexandra Palace, London, UK 
05 Mono, Oslo, NO 
05 Spektrum, Oslo, NO 
04 Annexet, Stockholm, SE 
02 Haukelandshallen, Bergen, NO 
November
30 Spektrum, Trondheim, NO 
28 Valby Hallen, Copenhagen, DK