Travis

Monday, November 24, 2003
Riviera, Madrid, ES

View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 10 Upload Photo

Reviews: 2 Post Review
Trusko Posted: 25-09-04 12:40
Well, how to describe that day?it was an amazing day, Monday 24th, yep, I remember. Unfortunately, I was late, so I couldn?t meet the band. I arrived 30 minutes before the show of Athlete. I didn?t know anything about that band, but when I started to listen to their songs, I realised that I had listened to them many times before, but I didn?t know the names of the songs (and band). Well, at 10.00 pm (I think), Travis appeared and everybody started to cheer and scream. The show was awesome. The 1st song was Happy to hang around, it sounded so psychedelic, the rest of the show was perfect. They only played a B-side: Coming Around. Flowers in the window was played by Fran with only an acoustic guitar and a plugged out the microphone. Maybe that was the more emotive moment of the show. I?m only sad for 2 things: I should have bought a Travis shirt, and Travis didn?t played Blue Flashing Lights
pipedreams_eliz Posted: 28-09-04 4:07
Well. This won't really be a review, I just want to share my 1st and (for the moment) last Travis gig experience. For me it was a real adventure.
I started being a Travis fan in September 2003. Not long after that I read in the net (or heard on the radio, don't remember) that Travis were coming to Madrid. I got totally excited and nervous, I was trembling, jumping around all the time and screaming. AWWWWWWWW!!!! This was almost 2 months before the gig.
But then I read that underaged people weren't allowed in there because alcohol was sold in the venue. I immediately tried to find a fake ID (shhht!!!) which was unsuccessful. But my sister's boyfried told me that he might be able to get free tickets for me. The tickets were 30?, you know, I wasn't gonna pay that not to be able to see the show because of my age. But after some time he told me that he couldn't get the tickets. I always had less and less chances to get in there. So I almost convinced myself that I wouldn't go. I was desperate.
The day before the gig I got a phone call. It was my sister. Her boyfriend had the tickets. I couldn't believe it. I was gonna go! I would be seeing Travis!!! WOW
The next day in school I was sooo nervous. It was my best mate's b-day and i didn't almost pay any attention to her. I was thinking of what i had to think. TRAVIS.
I wouldn't be able to pick the ticket before 7 o'clock, which was moreless 2 hours before the gig. It took us ages to find that place. I was dressed up and made up to look older, and i even wore high heels, which were killing me (that was one of the things i learned that day, never ever wear high heels for a gig).
When we arrived outside the venue it was damn full. We were standing at the queue and worrying like I had never worried before. But... they didn't even ask us for the ID. Once we were inside, we ran like we had never ran before to be near the band. Even after such a long queue I was on the 2nd row right in front of Dougie. I couldn't believe it.
Support band: Athlete. Awsome.
The rest: you can figure yourselves. Incredible. Flowers in the window without microphone. The whole gig was just...unbelievable.
An unforgettable gig and one of the best days of my life.

Setlist:
Happy To Hang Around
Re-Offender
Writing To Reach You
Pipe Dreams
Quicksand
Sing
Love Will Come Through
The Fear
Beautiful Occupation
Side
How Many Hearts