Music Hall, Aberdeen, UK

Support: Remy Zero
View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 6 Upload Photo

Reviews: 1 Post Review
Dougie Posted: 21-06-04 2:22
+2 Votes Login To Vote
2 shows in and already we've had a day off. Yesterday was spent with Neil and Nick in the sauna, Jacuzzi, and steam room. It?s a hard life. This morning we went to a local school (West Hill Academy) to lend our support to the jubilee 2000 appeal.

One of the pupils there called Ross had organised the whole thing. We arrived to a little slice of Travisteria from the big crowd of people and a huge paper chain, which went right round the school.

The chain had taken them weeks to make and we had to arrive and rip it up in a matter of seconds. Felt a bit guilty, but there were loads of press there so it should get a bit of coverage.

We did a couple of interviews and then signed something for virtually everyone at the school. We were there for about 3 hours, and it was a really good morning. All the schoolkids and the teachers were very, very nice, and we put some of the dinner ladies on the list for tonight.

As we were leaving, loads of people ran alongside the bus taking last photos, and then we saw the best thing of the tour so far. Three wee guys stood at the end of the road in front of the bus, turned round, dropped their troos (pants/trousers) and displayed the greatest Travis mention ever. A letter on each cheek. I hope they don't get expelled.

Got dropped off in town, and went record shopping (The Smiths, The Clash, and The velvets). Walked into Virgin and 'Turn' came on, people stared a bit.

Then went to Mcdonalds with Jeremy and "Driftwood" came on. Is somebody taking the piss?

Soundcheck goes fine, Franny's throat is a little rough he says, but you can't tell. Today is my last day on antibiotics after the Japanese tonsillitis/allergy fiasco, which I'll bore you with another time.

So after soundcheck I take my last pill and savour the thought of my first drink for 10 days. I will wait till after the show, just in case I get pissed really quickly. The dressing room is a little sterile so me and Franny go out and buy some candles. They work a treat and the whole evening becomes a little cosier.

We all go side of stage to watch the truly fantastic Remy Zero. They get better and better, AND they are the nicest people you could meet. Go and buy "Villa Elaine".

The last half-hour before the show is always very quiet. Throat sweets get eaten, Andy opens his pre show lager, Neil drums away in the toilets, Franny lies beside his new humidifier, Jeremy contemplates a tactical chunder, and I get into one of several black shirts.

Ross our lovely tour manager comes in to say 5 minutes, and everyone begins to pace the room. We like this bit. Side stage. The lights go out. The crowd go very loud. The intro starts. We huddle around and sing along. And....They're off..................

The show is a topper tonight, everyone singing along, lots of crowd surfing, lots of smiling faces and that?s just us. 'As You Are' was really good. I even end up jumping about tonight which I never do. Very liberating.

The crowd were amazing. Me and Franny do Baby One More Time, which is a giggle. Jonny hands me my first beer during Slideshow, it is a truly religious experience.

After the show, we meet some competition winners, and some of the kids from the school. It is a good laugh. I get fairly tipsy quite quickly which is nice. There is a piano in the dressing room, and we get Jez to play WDIAROM. 30 people sing along and it is a lovely moment.

Back to the hotel about 2 ish and I am Bedwise. Nice one Aberdeen LOTS O LOVE Dougie XXXX

Setlist:
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Good Feeling
Writing to Reach You
As You Are
Driftwood
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
Village Man
The Fear
The Last Laugh of the Laughter
Good Day To Die
More Than Us