Wednesday, March 13, 2002
Wembley Arena, London, UK

Support: Doves
View Setlist
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 23 Upload Photo

Reviews: 4 Post Review
AnGeLiC Posted: 24-09-04 3:14
This was my first Travis gig.....all I can say was AMAZING! Wembley is a pretty big place but the atmosphere was electric. If I remember rightly Dougie sang "Rocket Man". Highlight - When Fran invited a wee kid up on stage to play Playstation on a HUGE screen to "Coming Around". Totally awesome! Big Thumbs UP :o)
Dibblez Posted: 28-09-04 11:02
Oh this was the big one that me and my son waited for:) we won tickets and backstage passes it was Wonderfull , missed the support The Doves.
My son gave Fran a Plectrum back stage don't know if he would remember tho.I remember Fran picking some cute kid from the crowd and he put him on a play station game and Fran went frantic on stage it was a Brillllllll gig :)
Travis Web Team Posted: 25-07-05 8:20
During the day the band are recording an acoustic session for radio before travelling to Wembley in the afternoon.

Meanwhile I am authoring the report from Cardiff with regrets for all the times I've hassled them for content while they're on the road, as I am begining to suffer from tour fatigue myself.Report posted online, I make it to the venue with minutes to spare before they're onstage.

The HINRG club version of Sing (on Dale's tip off) has arrived and on hearing it the band decide to air it to the audience this evening before Slideshow. Adam Buxton who accompanied Travis on the UK festivals is in to say hello, he's also working on a project for Travis and is the final stages of pulling all the content together...watch this space.

As it's the capital quite a few celebs are in attendance for tonight's show including Nicole Appleton and Liam Gallagher who view the gig from sidestage behind Nick (Andy's guitar tech).

Fran is up for some good banter with the crowd tonight and before long has the various parts of the auditorium shouting their prescence. The front (surprise, surprise) is the loudest.

Andy is in athletic form once again and on a couple of occasions practically jumps on my camera as I struggle to follow him around the stage.

Before Turn Fran asks the audience for their support and it is given a rousing rendition by the Wembley crowd. As agreed previously the SING remix is given it's airing before Slideshow and Travis display some truely unique dancing styles to a much amused audience.

Tonight's contender for the Playstation has already been chosen and it's our youngest entrant so far. Zac ( who's 7) displays a formula one driver's cool as he negotiates the bends with dad Anton and 10,000 or so others cheering him on.

Backstage after the show, and there is a busy dressing room with guests in to say their hellos, and Travis seem in a particularly smiley mood after a show that many felt was one of their best.

It's a day off on Thursday so it's party time for many tonight, and then we're off to Manchester on Friday.

odetojhayton Posted: 06-10-08 5:46
2nd Travis concert. Like other reviewers remember the kid playing playstation whilst Travis sung. Also remember leaving the arena to a dance version of sing

Great Night! Since been to Hammersmith Apollo and attending London Astoria.

Everytime has been better and better!

To see them in Wembley that night was special!

Setlist:
Sing
Good Feeling
Writing To Reach You
Pipe Dreams
As You Are
Driftwood
The Fear
Side
Last Train
Indefinitely
Follow The Light