Arena, Middlesborough, UK

Support: Doves
Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 15 Upload Photo

Members at this show: 5 Add My Name
davidn84, everyday_face, frank, LinJ, wil

Reviews: 1 Post Review
Fran Posted: 28-07-05 8:14
Was woken at 10 by Pete. I have taken to pretending that I have been up for ages when I answer the phone to him in the morning.I think he knows I'm at it though.

Pete woke Andy up once and Andy said "...wahh...ahh... I'm not going to school today dad..." and went back to sleep.

We filmed Andy once when he was asleep. It was ages ago, in 1997 I think, at 4 in the morning. He was lying with his glasses still on, telly blaring in the corner of the hotel room and making a dead loud smacking noise with his mouth. On closer inspection we discovered he was still chewing his chewing gum.

So it was out of bed and onto our bus. We were headed for the valleys and to a TV studio some 30 minutes away. I am shite in the mornings. WoW! I love to sleep long and stay up really late. It's quieter at night, less interference.

When we got there they led us up the stairs to a sort of hangout room. Del Amitri where there. It was weird at first. Both bands are from Glasgow but we're younger so they are big rock stars to us.

The night I was told my uncle Bill had cancer, top of the pops was on in the background and Del Amitri were on it singing a song called "Nothing Ever happens". I cried for 2 hours. It hit the flood button.

Anyway I was a bit starstruck but after a couple of minutes we were chatting about Jimmy Saville and rocking chairs.

The show we were doing goes out next Sunday. It's the big music show in Wales. As part of a competition these two guys got to interview
us for the show. They were really good questions and the two guys were dead decent.

On the way to the TV station we were told we had to be in London tomorrow at 1.30pm to do an interview so we would have to leave straight after the gig tonight and so after we were finished at the show, it was back to the hotel for a quick pack and checkout.

Tonights gig was another good one. My knee is better now and a cold that I had coming on is at bay. We are on the bus now, on our way home to London. Tomorrow Wembley.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
July
07 Belfort Festival, Les Eurockeenes, FR 
04 Botanic Garden, Rekjavik, IS 
02 Quart Festival, Kristiansand, NO 
June
30 Roskilde Festival, Copenhagen, DK 
28 St. Gallen Festival, St. Gallen, CH 
25 Zenith, Lille, FR 
March
22 Dockland Arena, London, UK