Message Board Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
ZakMcKracken
Ring out the Bell. Beautiful.
ZakMcKracken
Nah, was named after my now long dead cat. KittyAbu82 may you rest in peace. š
ZakMcKracken
Keema matar from Yadgars in the south side
ZakMcKracken
I also have a subscription to the New Yorker and enjoy their puzzles but what you want to do is to get off the screens completely.
Iāve been a jigsaw puzzler for the past 10 years. Itās much more rewarding doing things in real time and it shuts off all the noise.
You can grab a puzzle board (allows you to stick it behind the couch or under it) for as little as Ā£15. Itās also super important to have puzzles that are relatable to your interests. So I have about five Alice in Wonderland, some Game of Thrones puzzles etc. I was actually gifted a Travis puzzle which I think was related to L.A times but Iāve never done it because the image was way to dull. However you engage with your puzzle hobby I hope you have fun!
ZakMcKracken
Thank you. Thatās so very kind. The wee man had lost his Dad the year prior and I could see how some of the lyrics/music was impacting him. My only ever sober Travis gig and it was the best one in the world.
I donāt think he really hated Hamish Hawk, I think he was just trying to act out like a big boy and not a tween. He was completely shocked when Fran dropped the c-bomb. So was I, heās probably done it at others gigs but it went right over my head as I wasnāt responsible for a 13 year old šššš
Apparently Travis are now his favourite band along with Madness ā¤ļø
10/06/2026 at 17:24 in reply to: Film Book Game Recommendations-please share if you feel like it. #1138ZakMcKracken
mingsy_sar
Eastenders every other day š
ZakMcKracken
almond
Exactly that. Still love the band and their music. I wouldnāt know about kindness as Iāve never been close to them nor tried to be. Just not interested. Perhaps you have a closer relationship with them? Regardless itās still shit to call out an extremely small fraction of your fan base when anyone with half a brain cell would realise any fans that overstep are likely vulnerable and donāt understand meeting your hero etiquette š
10/06/2026 at 17:12 in reply to: Film Book Game Recommendations-please share if you feel like it. #1130ZakMcKracken
sumiresailon
Thatās so nice that you looked it up. It means a lot. If you want to DM me your postal address then Iām happy to send you a copy. I never expected that I would like anything by Ben Elton due to his persona on things like Have I got News for You, but the book is amazing. I just wanted to continue following the lead characters for years upon years.
ZakMcKracken
Milk, lemonade, chocolate.
ZakMcKracken
almond
Not sure if Iāve used this right but I was trying to quote you. Youāve articulated much better than I could. Absolutely agree that there needs to be boundaries and the band shouldnāt feel harassed. I just think thatās common sense though and maybe there has been problems with a handful of fans. I thought the sweeping generalisation of everyone was just so rude and improper. You arenāt fucking gods mate. And again I found it really mean and cruel. Typically the fans who donāt understand the line (the line is fine) or common sense are vulnerable people, just be kind and say thanks but no thanks. I sincerely doubt Travis are getting a nonstop streak of requests to play a wedding – doubt they even get one a week. How the fuck is that too much effort to respond to and be kind to your fans. Also the quip about charity work / shaving your head was just embarrassing. Actually gave me the boke.
ZakMcKracken
The last Christmas gig at the Hydro. I took my 13 year old cousin, he had no idea. As we went down the escalator he asked me who Travis was. I caught the eye of a guy similar to my age who had overheard and we both smirked at each other. Because I was looking after the wee man and had to drive him home I couldnāt have a drink, it was the first time I saw them sober and I think I enjoyed it ever more. The wee man hated Hamish Hawk, it wasnāt his cup of tea so for weeks afterwords I kept sending his Hamish videos through WhatsApp but disguised so he had to open them first. šššš
10/06/2026 at 15:53 in reply to: Film Book Game Recommendations-please share if you feel like it. #1086ZakMcKracken
I recommend Two Brothers by Ben Elton. Itās the only book Iāve read that I didnāt want it to end.
ZakMcKracken
Oh dear, my username has turned red. Iām not sure what that means but may be an indication Iām on the naughty step. š¬
ZakMcKracken
Nope. I canāt even remember my old name. Suspect it was something along the lines of KittyAbu after my cat š
ZakMcKracken
When I was 18 my Dad was driving me and my soon to be flatmate down to Glasgow from the Isle of Skye. We were due to move into a high rise in Cardonald before starting at the college there. We had to pick up the flat keys from (I think) langside college. It was the year 2000, we were in my Dadās Volvo and we were lost.
We came to a stop at a set of traffic lights and I heard my Dad manually roll down the window as it was in those days. He said āexcuse me mateā and I looked across as he gestured to the car in the next lane (also stopped at the lights) to roll down their window. I started to have a non verbal mental and physical spasm. The other driver was Fran Healy and he was now rolling down his window – I believe thinking my Dad had recognised him. Dad obviously had not and then asked him for directions to the college whilst in the background I was now grasping my friend and pointing. We were now both in the grips of demented silence. Dad asked for his directions, we clutched each other and kinda babbled. By this point Fran was laughing at the hysteria unfolding behind my Dad and of which Dad was totally oblivious to. Fran gave the directions and Dad drove off. When we finally got the power of speech back we told my Dad what had happened. Dad said he was a lovely and polite young man but he didnāt recognise him from Adam. Fran had been wearing a beanie, so my friend / flatmate Sarah got my Travis book (you know the one that was just Franās face on the cover) stuck a beanie hat on it and shoved it in my Dadās face and asked ādo you recognise it now Ianā
We still talk about it 25 years later. My Dad likes to play up the part where he asks for directions and didnāt know who he was speaking to. You canāt imagine what it was like for two wee teenagers from Skye, moving down to the big smoke and seeing one of their absolute heroes. We really felt that we had arrived and anything was possible in the big city ā¤ļø
-
AuthorPosts
