Message Board Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
13/06/2026 at 19:06 in reply to: What else are you listening to? The Cure, Hamish Hawk, Oasis…? #1949
rock.n.yarn
I loved Hamish Hawk’s set before the Hydro gig, been listening to him quite a bit since. Oasis Live 25 was amazing, was lucky to go to 2 shows and still wanted more haha.
Other than them, I’ve been listening to a lot of Kneecap, Fontaines DC, Pulp, The Hives, Cast, Stereophonics, The Smiths, Garbage, Blossoms, Cast, The Chats, The Verve / Richard Ashcroft…
rock.n.yarn
Hahaha thanks! π When I gave them their dolls the band told me that the South American fans made little outfits for Mini Fran, I thought that was the cutest thing ever. And it’s so funny to think that what started out as a ball of yarn in my studio ended up in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, all over the place, it’s wild.
That’s amazing that Joey posted your artwork, well done! I haven’t met anyone from Oasis in person, maybe someday!
rock.n.yarn
Thanks so much!! Streaming your album as we speak, good stuff!
rock.n.yarn
I’ve propagated it so many times as well, I love it. I started with 1 plant and now have 8 I think.
rock.n.yarn
On my personal IG account @lisabihuniak I have a mixed bag of creative stuff: crochet/knit stuff, cake decorating, Halloween costume sewing, and other random nonsense (including a painting I made as a teenager that Oasis put on the American release of the All Around The World single!). I have a story highlight on there showing how I created the Mini Fran doll too. I now have a separate account @rock.n.yarn that only has my crochet dolls so far. More to come there, need to finish up my latest doll but being a bit lazy about it π
-
This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by
rock.n.yarn.
rock.n.yarn
The only thing I can manage to keep alive is golden pothos, I have a black thumb π
rock.n.yarn
I think Iggy is a lab mix? I love whenever he pops up in videos
rock.n.yarn
Shiba Inu are so cute. I have two Korean village dogs (aka Jindo mixes), my female looks like a tall skinny Shiba, I get asked all the time if she is one π Besides KVDs I love beagles, labs, basset hounds, shikoku ken, golden retrievers…. all dogs, really, lol!
rock.n.yarn
Daily: water and tea, usually green tea, sometimes hojicha or Earl Grey
On a night out: gin & tonic, or Guinnessrock.n.yarn
that sounds amazing
rock.n.yarn
Love Japanese and Indian food but my all-time favorite has to be a proper NYC/NJ pizzeria slice.
rock.n.yarn
@sumiresailon thank you so much!! <3 <3
rock.n.yarn
Good morning! As the mother of a 15 year old I know exactly what you mean π
Plans today… work (graphic design), World Cup, walking the dogs (I have two Jindo mixes adopted from South Korea — best of luck with your new puppy, dogs are the best!), and studying (taking a course to become a technical editor for knitting patterns).
rock.n.yarn
I think it uses that Gravatar website. Mine just automatically popped up with an old one I haven’t used in ages, so changed it on Gravatar to update it.
rock.n.yarn
At the Mercury Lounge gig I gave Fran a doll I crocheted of him. I’m sure the band gets fan art and gifts all the time, but one day my IG notifications started going crazy and I found out the band was featuring “Mini Fran” in loads of stories/reels prior to their South American tour, helping pack suitcases and hiding concert tickets around various cities for fans to find π Management later reached out and arranged for me to meet them backstage before their next NYC gig so I could give Andy, Dougie, and Neil their dolls and have the “Mini Invisible Band” reunited! I even made Fran a little Huey doll to go along with his π Everyone was so incredibly sweet and I was really glad that they noticed and appreciated lots of the little details I put into my work. Pictures and videos of the dolls were featured in the band’s 2024 and 2025 year-end wrap-up posts so I’ve just been really, really happy that they loved them so much.
-
This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by
-
AuthorPosts
