Travis

Thursday, October 10, 2013
Teatro Diana, Guadalajara, MX

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 21 Upload Photo

Reviews: 4 Post Review
fenririel Posted: 11-10-13 8:27
+2 Votes Login To Vote
Travis knows well how beloved they are in this country. Many people from different parts of Mexico (Celaya, Monterrey, Querétaro, Mexico City in my case) gathered in Guadalajara to attend this unforgettable gig.

The guys didn't dissapoint. They gave plenty as the crowd at the Diana surrended to their feet. Andy Dunlop became a guitar hero tonight for most of us, as the whole theatre echoed his name "Andy! Andy!", frantically clapping between every mention of his name, just after his awesome solo from AIWTDIR. Fran got surprised by a girl that jumped on the stage and (I think) kissed him in the cheek and stood a second or two, just before she got sacked from there, to Fran's astonishment. Dougie always smiling to every camera in sight. Neil adding his peculiar rockier rhythm to the gig. Even a bra flew to the stage, who knows from where. A baffle or a loudspeaker blew out, which turned in a bit of smoke (nothing to be worried, although for an instant Fran and Andy looked at each other, as if saying "WTF?").

But these are just small details from almost two hours of pure Travis, the best of the best. I have to say, they are in great shape. After the concert, as has become tradition, they signed autographs, took pictures, and let themselves receive the love in the form of hugs and kisses from us, their die hard fans. Pure class, ladies and gentlemen. Pure class...

And they promised to be back soon. Until then, we'll wait patiently, nurturing our love for the guys with the memories from this unique show.
Miguelbas Posted: 12-10-13 5:12
+1 Votes Login To Vote
thanks for the great presentation I hope you come back soon to mexico ,
oscarcvel Posted: 15-10-13 9:26
What we heard that night was not exactly what we expected. Great music,great musicians, human quality from members of travis but there was one thing. One song which cant remember the name, there was a failure of audio kind if what we were listening play back, that was a little sad for me. I hope some one could disprove and tell what really happens but I think its not possible. Very sad for me. Any way I think this was not for all the songs. I hope you come back soon.
kglmusic Posted: 18-10-13 12:47
+2 Votes Login To Vote
I was lucky enough to be on the front row for this show and had one of the best times ever. I saw Travis a week prior in Los Angeles and this show was far better because of the crowd and Travis's grateful response to them. I didn't realize that Mexico was so in love with this Band. I have been a fan since 1998 and get so excited when they tour after a new album. This show was my favorite since I have been going to see them. Seeing them in much smaller venues you would think it could be better but this was still the best because everyone knew and sang the songs and were on there feet the entire show. What a great show! I hope I get a chance to see them again in Mexico sometime. Guadalajara You Rock!!! Thanks for the great time Travis and Mexico!
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
20 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
05 Paradiso, Amsterdam, NL 
04 Trix, Antwerp, BE 
03 Den Atelier, Luxembourg, LU 
02 Live Music Hall, Cologne, DE 
November
27 Crocus City Hall, Moscow, RU 
25 Astra, Berlin, DE 
24 Amager Bio, Copenhagen, DK