Travis

Saturday, July 13, 2013
T In The Park, Balado, UK

Send this page to a friend

Pictures: 14 Upload Photo

Reviews: 3 Post Review
paul_c Posted: 15-07-13 1:16
+2 Votes Login To Vote
First Travis show in 5 years and my god it's great to have them back! The atmosphere in the tent was electric and every song was rapturously received - so much so that Fran appeared a little overcome with emotion at the end. Amazing experience seeing one of your favourite bands in a tent at a festival - especially their home festival! New songs sound great as well, and the old tunes were just mass singalongs. I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time, and my voice didn't recover all weekend. Awesome.
Hiromi-Y Posted: 23-07-13 11:34
It's 8 years since going to T last with the 2nd time. And it's the 20th birthday of T this year. I thought that this had to be able to go at any cost!
Whenever it saw other bands by "KING TUT'S WAH WAH TENT", the feeling of tension ran, and it arrived at the peak at the time of Travis! It was short time called 1 hour, but spent really happy time from beginning to end. Would such festival that I enjoyed until security as well as the audience with a member ever exist?
I'm thankful to all the people that passed together with Scottish Power at that time :D
Thank you so much truly!
20th Happy Birthday dear T (also Fran) :)
H x

Setlist:
Mother
Selfish Jean
Writing To Reach You
Moving
Love Will Come Through
Where You Stand
Driftwood
Closer
Sing
Side
Flowers In The Window
Turn
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
wee rhona roo Posted: 30-07-13 9:09
+6 Votes Login To Vote
A stellar return.

I know many were a tad bemused that Travis were billed for the King Tuts Wah Wah Hut tent but having seen many great bands rawk that tent over the years (TITP veteran since Strathclyde Park- yes I am that old) that I was sure it would make the gig all that more special. I do love it when a plan comes together.

Pamela and I planned our gig strategy early on in the day as to ways in/out and timings so found a jolly spot up front in a spot between Dougie and Fran. Made some pals around us. I parked up my crutches and away we went.

The tension was electric before they came on and we were amongst some Travis virgins and we explained there cherry was about to get smashed to pieces.

What a great set- new and old. Even when Franny duffed a few lines no one cared as we all knew the words anyway. i was more a mass sweaty karaoke of great tunes. The new songs were well received.

As Turn started I did a TITP special and got pulled out by the lovely orange supervisor (see BBC footage for details) and gave him a big kiss for his help. I then took myself and my crutches and hobbled my ass back to get the production bus. Aye, right! Pamela went the longer way round and met me just as the guys finished so we were lucky enough to give them a wee hello before they headed off.

Andy said he was bricking it as he wasn't sure anyone was going to turn up. He needn't have worried. It wasn't a case of 2 guys and a wally dug but a tent full of revellers keen to wish our boys a warm welcome home.

Long time coming...but worth the wait.
GET ARCHIVE GIG REVIEWS VIA RSS (RSS?)

ARCHIVE FAQ
December
20 Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK 
05 Paradiso, Amsterdam, NL 
04 Trix, Antwerp, BE 
03 Den Atelier, Luxembourg, LU 
02 Live Music Hall, Cologne, DE 
November
27 Crocus City Hall, Moscow, RU 
25 Astra, Berlin, DE