Travis

On a diet
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
I have 7 extra kilos so I'm on a diet as of today.

Anyone else ?

Re: On a diet
physke
physke Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
Sure! I have extra 10kg and I am always on a diet! The problem is I cannot lose them :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:

Anyone else ?

I work in pounds, but I think, mathematically, I have about the same extra as you!

I'm still unwell, off work for the second week. Some kind of bronchial infection. So losing weight is relatively low priority in the immediate short term. But it doesn't mean the excess isn't there! Would be nice to get into something sexy for the Xmas season :)

How are you going to diet? And that's not as silly a question as it might sound. Everyone has their methods.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

Anyone else ?

I work in pounds, but I think, mathematically, I have about the same extra as you!

I'm still unwell, off work for the second week. Some kind of bronchial infection. So losing weight is relatively low priority in the immediate short term. But it doesn't mean the excess isn't there! Would be nice to get into something sexy for the Xmas season :)

How are you going to diet? And that's not as silly a question as it might sound. Everyone has their methods.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
Just make sure you get proper medication cause the bronchitist i had last winter ended up with my taking cortisone and gaining 10 kg in a month.
So to go back to the "diet procedure", I bought Gaylord Hauser "food" and i exercise everyday.
I can't wear most of my clothes and it is VERY frustrating.
Also it feels as if i have an inflatable balloon around my waist and it makes me miserable.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Oh girlies tell me about it!!! I'm a great weight and within my limits but I just feel a tad bloated. Now I have lost some weight but it doesn't shift as quick as I want it too. It's only on my tum tum, not that it's massive but I notice. Oh and my hips have widened strangly enough! ;-/ hmmmm I couldn't fit into alot of my clothes and was disgusted at having to buy a size up for comfort. Now if the weight went on my boob then I would be blessed! lmao Pity it doesn't work like that.

I keep telling my other half how wider curvy hips is a sign of fertily! A bonus for us! lol

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
Diets? pffff, chocolate is the love of my life!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 11:39 PM Quote
How not to diet diary: Thursday, 4th: make the oat and choc chip brownies that your sister in law provided the recipe for, and eat them (not all, but a good few), while they're still warm from the oven.

Bad practise, but a. I need comfort, and b. the recipe was emailed and begged to be baked. They're v good btw!

Megg-inc would appreciate ;)

So, who or what is Gaylord Hauser? And why is "food" in speech marks?

I'm going to hit the WW meeting near me, just as soon as I'm feeling up to planning my meals and being weighed by a stranger.

(And thanks, re the bronchial thing. I'm keeping pretty close tabs on it with my doc, as a friend just got admitted to hospital with pneumonia, having similar symptoms to mine- which really freaked me out)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 12:25 AM Quote
Ive done the atkins now for 2 months and put on 7lbs :(

but

with not eating carbs , I feel better and am no longer bloated. so have moved to Slimmers World as its kinder to the tongue.

Did you know Rennee Zelweeger diets on just eggs and coffee?
and someone else ( cant remember who) loses weight sniffing grapefruit oil ..Hmmmm

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 1:23 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

I'm afraid it's the love of my life too.
I just can't be on a diet. And I've never been this fat before. I should lose 10 kilos, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
Diets are for losers.

Being a bit flabby is well nice. Something to hold onto. Innit. xxx

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 4:01 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

I'm afraid it's the love of my life too.
I just can't be on a diet. And I've never been this fat before. I should lose 10 kilos, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

LOL! Chocolate is my best friend, the love of my life, my everything in the world! heehee
Diets suck! Never been on one, never will be... at least no for a long time :oP.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 9:51 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Now if the weight went on my boob then I would be blessed! lmao Pity it doesn't work like that.

I keep telling my other half how wider curvy hips is a sign of fertily! A bonus for us! lol

:) I laughed so hard reading your post. I feel the same way. When I make any remarks about the increasing signs of my fertility it freaks out my husband though, so I do not even go there:)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 10:39 AM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:

Anyone else ?

at it all the time *sigh* I've got only 1 1/2 kilos I want rid of but do you think they shift !?!? no way !

what wonder diet are you on ?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 11:50 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:

Anyone else ?

at it all the time *sigh* I've got only 1 1/2 kilos I want rid of but do you think they shift !?!? no way !

what wonder diet are you on ?

I'm basically buying and eating Gaylord Hauser soups and "substituts de repas" with lots of carbs in it.
My goal is to lose all the weight by the end of the month.
Also i drink plenty and eat loads of vegs and fruits.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 1:22 PM Quote
I had cut down on the cigs months ago and I blame that for my increase in weight. But it's going slowly now that I am back on them. lol Bad bad but hey!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:15 AM