Travis

POLL: Are You and Optimist or a Pessimist?
haz
haz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
pessimist (read realist).

Re: POLL: Are You and Optimist or a Pessimist?
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:33 PM Quote
i think i'm a pessimist...
well, lately, anyway.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
I don't think im either optimistic or pessimistic, more a realist.. who lives in hope.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
The glass is half Full. I'm an Optimist. Unless I'm watching the news, because according to the news: WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

:P

haz
haz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
The glass is half Full. I'm an Optimist. Unless I'm watching the news, because according to the news: WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

the end of the world is nigh...tly news. i agree. turn off the tube and listen to NPR at least then you'll still be scared shitless but you'll have all the facts.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
haz wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:

the end of the world is nigh...tly news. i agree. turn off the tube and listen to NPR at least then you'll still be scared shitless but you'll have all the facts.

True, that, but for pure entertainment value the local news is the best.

dee
dee Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
whenever we had to do those " what are your strengths?" test things in career guidance i'm always told that my negativity and my ability to find flaws are my most positive traits.

that's a depressing fact right there

haz
haz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
haz wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:

True, that, but for pure entertainment value the local news is the best.

slightly off topic this conversation about local news, but i do agree. the one semi-independently-owned television stations here in Boston, WCVB TV (ABC affiliate) has the greatest newscaster of all time, Jim Boyd:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/2005/0502/4440068_200X150.jpg

Jim is notorious for constantly flubbing the copy as well as looking in the wrong camera when it's his turn to have a go. it's not always his fault though as there's situations too whereby he (or one of his colleagues) will be reporting on more deaths in Bazra while the graphic shown next to them is an image of a Girl Scout's Cookie Drive or something.

yeah i'm always optimistic when it comes to Jim, didn't realize that before.

haz
haz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
dee wrote:
whenever we had to do those " what are your strengths?" test things in career guidance i'm always told that my negativity and my ability to find flaws are my most positive traits.

that's a depressing fact right there

actually that's a dee-pressing fact :D

Rhoobarb
Rhoobarb Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Pessimist... i'm probably no good at it either.

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
I'm sometimes viewed as a pessimist but I consider myself as a realist. I've found that when something good happens, being a realist makes you appreciate it even more. And if something bad occurs, you expected it anyway so in a sense you were better prepared to take it in.

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
It depends on the situation, but for the most part I'm pretty pessimistic, though constantly trying to think positive ;)

haz
haz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 7:39 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:
It depends on the situation, but for the most part I'm pretty pessimistic, though constantly trying to think positive ;)

optipessimistic that's you.

Oskari
Oskari Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
proud pessimist:D

missmoo
missmoo Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
I'm optipessimistic

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:47 PM