Travis

College.
velouria
velouria Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 8:21 PM Quote
Just pondering, for those in college, what's yer majors? Where do most Travis fans fall in? I'm an English major with an emphasis on creative writing. I am also contemplating a double with Sociology or minor in Italian. Quite indecisive, but I do know that I want to be a struggling writer in New York [or some hot shot editor at a big-name publishing company].

Re: College.
Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 9:07 PM Quote
Well, I'm not in college anymore...graduated years ago. But, my major was in Fine Arts with an emphasis in Graphic Design. I've loved working in my field!

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 9:50 PM Quote

I chose two majors - none minors (normaly you have (in Europe - with the Bologna-system) one major and two minors)

Germanistics and Anglistics -

not emphasisedyet - better in case you're gonna be a teache once...but if I have to, I'd probably choose linguistics (syn-&diachron)

I also have music - in addition - but I passed the practical part and should start music-history now- but I'm considering casting one subject out - it's just too much -

so...

But I've got about another 4 months for my decision? :)

xokikixo
xokikixo Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 11:13 PM Quote
im not in college yet but i want to major in either film or arts

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 11:20 PM Quote
I graduated in 07 but will weigh in as well.
Degree in Communication with a focus on media and interpersonal comm.

Lu122
Lu122 Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 11:31 PM Quote
I'm studying to be a Sworn Translator...

yurieee
yurieee Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 2:30 AM Quote
I'm also graduated.
I did accounting field majoring Accounting Information System. :)

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 2:53 AM Quote
Im doing an Anthropology Major with a criminology componant

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 3:25 AM Quote
We don't have majors and minors in Argentina. We just do one career, and take the subjects of that career. I mean, we focus on a single area of study.

I'm studying Sociology, this is my last year. There are certain classes that we must take, and then we have to choose a certain number of elective courses, that can determine a specialization. There are several in my career, such as education, economy, health, public opinion, etc. You can also create a specialization yourself, but it has to be approved by the college.

I decided to get a non-specialized degree, because I wanted to take classes from different branches. But you could say I'm more inclined to culture, modern and contemporary history, qualitative research, human rights... that kind of stuff.

I don't know why I started talking about our college system, sorry!

iraida
iraida Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 4:36 AM Quote
Currently try to accomplish the teaching thing XD

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 5:07 AM Quote
I am majoring in Environmental Toxicology and considering adding Neurology, Physiology, and Behavior (that is all one major) as a second major or perhaps a minor in neuroscience.

I <3 neurotoxicity and organic chemistry!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 6:34 AM Quote
Im not yet in college.Hoping to get a place in an arts college end of this year..

But I would love to major in Art Photography=D

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 6:38 AM Quote
I'm majoring in Italian Literature. Just like in Argentina, in Mexico we don't have minors either.

velouria
velouria Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 8:39 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
We don't have majors and minors in Argentina. We just do one career, and take the subjects of that career. I mean, we focus on a single area of study.

I'm studying Sociology, this is my last year. There are certain classes that we must take, and then we have to choose a certain number of elective courses, that can determine a specialization. There are several in my career, such as education, economy, health, public opinion, etc. You can also create a specialization yourself, but it has to be approved by the college.

I decided to get a non-specialized degree, because I wanted to take classes from different branches. But you could say I'm more inclined to culture, modern and contemporary history, qualitative research, human rights... that kind of stuff.

I don't know why I started talking about our college system, sorry!

Haha. That's cool. It's interesting to see the different systems that other countries have. I have really been on the fence about the Sociology major, what do you plan on doing with it?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 9:42 AM Quote
I graduated in 2001. My degree was Psychology and during the final year focused more upon Occupational Psychology. We do have Major/minors here but that's more for the Art/Literature/Language Degrees. Not with the Sciences.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:08 PM