Travis

Re: I love Get Up!!!!!
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:50 PM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
Nice t-shirt. Totally disagree though, lol.

Get Up has the intention to be a real high energy rocker but never comes close for me, just lacks any imagination, sparkle or....anything really. It's repetitive, annoying, as close to tuneless as anything they've ever released, and generally gets on my tits. I personally find it about as welcome on 'Ode' as a cover of Barbie Girl.

I actually kinda felt the same about Eyes Wide Open on TBWNN though - although that's a far, far better song than Get Up - but everyone else seemed to love that one.

All opinions n sh*t innit.:)

Hahahaha, that's all I've got to say!
And yeah Eyes Wide Open is ACE!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
Hmmmmmmm. It's really interesting how different people's opinions are on this track. Some think it lacks energy and a spark and I think it probably is the song with the MOST energy on the record...next to J. Smith. I think what I love about it is that it's sung with so much emotion. It doesn't make it the best song on the album, but I really do love it and turn it up every time it comes on.

I also agree that it has a Side, Eyes Wide Open kind of vibe to it.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 9:39 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hmmmmmmm. It's really interesting how different people's opinions are on this track. Some think it lacks energy and a spark and I think it probably is the song with the MOST energy on the record...next to J. Smith. I think what I love about it is that it's sung with so much emotion. It doesn't make it the best song on the album, but I really do love it and turn it up every time it comes on.

I think Get Up is a new kind of vibe itself...
I mean, if that was sang by Dougie or Andy, I wouldn't even think that it could be a Travis track...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 9:50 PM Quote
I agree that Side and Eyes Wide Open have a similar vibe. Sound the same at the start. Though apparently Eyes Wide Open did come out of them playing Stayin Alive at the end of Side. True or not I don't know but that's what I read when TBWNN came out. But, I don't hear Get Up in them at all. Totally different apart from them all being upbeat.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:16 PM Quote
Nice tee, Silvella! :o)
Get Up it's not one of my favourites either, I don't hate it though xD. The only thing I like about that song are drums, I think they sound great :o).

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 6:43 AM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Wolfy wrote:
Yeah, i love Get Up too.
Its my alarm too!!!

Lol Wolfy, that's hilarious!

You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get up, I don't wanna get up. You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta wake up to the situation

I think I'm gonna have this as my alarm too :P How nice to wake up to Get Up

Haha good idea!

lt would be easier to get up :D

Awesome!!!!It will soon be mine too=)))hahaha...my mom will be pleased=)it will make things so much easier for her,since she's always been the one waking me up and its never an easy task..lol!Thanx for the fantastic idea Philip=DDD

That's a very cool I <3 get up tee!!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:01 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I definitely understand what you mean about it lacking energy, I felt the same about Side for a while before I heard the live rocky version. But I disagree. All the energy in it is in the razor sharp rhythm and it sort of hooks you into its groove.

Oh and I love Eyes Wide Open, I haven't listened to TBWNN in months.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 3:07 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Wolfy wrote:
Yeah, i love Get Up too.
Its my alarm too!!!

You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get up, I don't wanna get up. You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta wake up to the situation

Haha good idea!

Awesome!!!!It will soon be mine too=)))hahaha...my mom will be pleased=)it will make things so much easier for her,since she's always been the one waking me up and its never an easy task..lol!Thanx for the fantastic idea Philip=DDD

Apply Travis to your life people, its the only way out!!!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 5:33 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Wolfy wrote:
Yeah, i love Get Up too.
Its my alarm too!!!

Haha good idea!

Haha
l'll start with "Operation Get Up" this Monday!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 9:17 PM Quote
Wolfy wrote:

I think Get Up is a new kind of vibe itself...

I concur.
Well done on the tee--nice to see Get Up get a little love. :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 6:44 AM