Travis

I love Get Up!!!!!
silvella
silvella Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:26 AM Quote
I've finished it!!! So you MUST get it, Fran: Get Up is a great, strong song at it's at the right place: On OTJS!!!

http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/12/20/88/81/i_love10.jpg

Re: I love Get Up!!!!!
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:29 AM Quote
Hahaha great! :D

This thread will be interesting ;)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:29 AM Quote
:)

J_Smith
J_Smith Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:10 AM Quote
I also love this song :)

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 1:08 PM Quote
Yeah, i love Get Up too.
Its my alarm too!!!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 1:38 PM Quote
Wolfy wrote:
Yeah, i love Get Up too.
Its my alarm too!!!

Lol Wolfy, that's hilarious!

You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get up, I don't wanna get up. You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta wake up to the situation

I think I'm gonna have this as my alarm too :P How nice to wake up to Get Up

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 4:04 PM Quote
Haha! Great T-shirt!

I also love this song! It's very rock and roll. It's a total foot tapper. It's not my favorite on the album, but it's not my least favorite by any means either, and I definitely think it deserves to be on Ode! It brings a lot of energy to the album! My dad LOVES this song though, haha. It's his second favorite on Ode, after Before You Were Young. Sometimes I catch him singing it. :)

My favorite part: "I'm feelin' like a little SHIP out on the ocean"

Oh, and I also love the "Oooos" when they sing "Ooooooooh, you set it uuuuuuuuuuuuup...Oooooooooo!" I dunno why, but I love it! :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 4:07 PM Quote
I like this song a lot too! I like the harmonies, the organ part, the energy of the song.

When I hear the "you gotta get up/I don't wanna get up" part I always imagine my life in a few years when I'll be dragging teenagers out of bed for school.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 4:18 PM Quote
Nice t-shirt. :) I think it's good to stick up for the songs you love. :)

I think the opposite to Nikki. I'm not so keen because i think it totally lacks any energy and it lacks the 'rock n roll' it should have been. Whereas The Ballad Of J Smith for example is so much more energetic and rocking. :) I don't know what happened to Get Up between live and album.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 5:04 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Wolfy wrote:
Yeah, i love Get Up too.
Its my alarm too!!!

Lol Wolfy, that's hilarious!

You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get up, I don't wanna get up. You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta wake up to the situation

I think I'm gonna have this as my alarm too :P How nice to wake up to Get Up

Haha good idea!

lt would be easier to get up :D

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I like this song a lot too! I like the harmonies, the organ part, the energy of the song.

When I hear the "you gotta get up/I don't wanna get up" part I always imagine my life in a few years when I'll be dragging teenagers out of bed for school.

LOL!!! That's what I have every morning: two tired teenagers, and me mom who is very grumpy in the morning... Is there an english word for "Morgenmuffel"? Means literally a "morning sourpass"...

Thanks for all your answers!

@Nikki: I'm feeling like a little ship out on the ocean... yeah, great line! If I get up at once after the alarm, I AM this ship!!! (I hate ships!! I get seasick at once I go on a ship...)

Ah, and what I like the most on Get Up is the rhythm. It' a bit like Side and Eyes Wide Open and Re-Offender (a little bit). A great line is: I need a little love and a hand to hold, somebody old to watch over me... It's so wise.

And NO, I don't make a t-shirt for every song I like! ;o)

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 5:52 PM Quote
Ooh, i do love a bit of Get Up.
Great song live and full of joy.
More experiments like this please.
Makes life interesting.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 6:05 PM Quote
Great t-shirt!!! Not so sure about the song :-P

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:15 PM Quote
Nice t-shirt. Totally disagree though, lol.

Get Up has the intention to be a real high energy rocker but never comes close for me, just lacks any imagination, sparkle or....anything really. It's repetitive, annoying, as close to tuneless as anything they've ever released, and generally gets on my tits. I personally find it about as welcome on 'Ode' as a cover of Barbie Girl.

I actually kinda felt the same about Eyes Wide Open on TBWNN though - although that's a far, far better song than Get Up - but everyone else seemed to love that one.

All opinions n sh*t innit.:)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:26 PM Quote
lol Slightly harsh Mike but I agree with what you say. Does lack energy and a sparkle.

Though I have to disagree with Eyes Wide Open. It is one of my favourites from TBWNN. Maybe my favourite. :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:21 PM