Travis

Re: How did you spend new years eve?
dee
dee Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 11:07 PM Quote
just like i planned-getting drunk with Steve and his housemates...not like i planned being very very ill for the entire next day.
lots of wine, whiskey, champagne...then sadly onto shots of proper absinth and a horrible concoction called unicum which really sent me into awful spirals.
ended up jumping a wall to get to some frozen grass where i happily lay down jabbering away in irish to myself-took poor Steve some effort to convince me to go back inside.

wonderful new years eve celebrations...awful aftermath:)

go 2009!

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 11:13 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
I went to Tiger Tiger in Manchester. There was an Oasis tribute act and Fran Cosgrove and Mike McClean DJing. There was various rooms so could escape the crappy music and find better. It was a good night apart from 2 things annoyed me, 1, there was no proper countdown to midnight, all that was said was "there is 1 minute to midnight, Manchester" and then it was just "happy new year!" bit crap! And 2, the DJ cut Sally Cinnamon off half way through! (nothing major, i just love that song). Then i had a hotel room booked in Manchester (even though i only live about 20 mins away) so just had to stumble back, very posh hotel and a great night.

I hope you got a karaoke booth!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 11:52 PM Quote
Mine was pretty low key. I popped fireworks for my son, ok maybe for me too. Drank almost a bottle of wine myself. Chatted with my parents and a couple of their friends, big fun listening to 50 somethings discuss politics, UGH! And then right after midnight I threw myself a pity party waiting for my husband's phone call and cried to him about having to go through another holiday season without him. My new years was just freakin awesome ;)

TK23
TK23 Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 1:59 AM Quote
haha Nikki! ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 2:10 AM Quote
Brian and I watched 28 Up and went to bed around 10:30. I was woken up a few times by Catherine screaming bloody murder because her ear hurt.

In the morning I took her to the doctor and she had a double ear infection.

It was a boring. I honestly didn't even care it was New Year's Eve.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 2:40 AM Quote
We were just going to have a quiet night in, but my brother walked in at half 10 pm bleeding everywhere... him and his mates were attacked by a group of kids, and Vinny got a bottle to the face... so we got a visit from the Guards, then they had to go to A&E and spent New Years waiting around so Vinny could get 8 stitches and a tetanus jab. Ahhhhhh New Years in Limerick...

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 3:02 AM Quote
I went to Tiger Tiger in Manchester. There was an Oasis tribute act and Fran Cosgrove and Mike McClean DJing. There was various rooms so could escape the crappy music and find better. It was a good night apart from 2 things annoyed me, 1, there was no proper countdown to midnight, all that was said was "there is 1 minute to midnight, Manchester" and then it was just "happy new year!" bit crap! And 2, the DJ cut Sally Cinnamon off half way through! (nothing major, i just love that song). Then i had a hotel room booked in Manchester (even though i only live about 20 mins away) so just had to stumble back, very posh hotel and a great night.

Whaaaat? How the fuck can you cut off Sally Cinnamon half way through??? Hah, I'd be raging.

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 10:11 AM Quote
Our night was good fun. 9 adults 6 kids, loads of champagne, good food and music. Spent the early hours playing Poker and Roulette and crawled into bed at 7am. New Year's day was a complete washout though and I was feeling alot less sociable!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 10:13 AM Quote
Moray wrote:

I hope you got a karaoke booth!

I didn't :( still a dream that needs to take place! One day...one day

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 10:14 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Whaaaat? How the fuck can you cut off Sally Cinnamon half way through??? Hah, I'd be raging.

I know! I carried on singing it anyway as they were throwing everyone out. Luckily i know one of the door men so i got to stay in the warm and finish the song :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 10:15 AM Quote
LOL Some of the stories here are brill....especially DEE's I literally laughed out loud...:D

We made a nice meal then curled up and watched The Big Quiz 2008 with Jimmy Carr (was hilarious). Then was coersed into playing a game of Scrabble...I hate that game! But hey it's all about compromise...lol. BTW I lost miserably! Then watched fireworks at London on the tv...smoochy smoochy at 00.01. Oh and we watched a film...it was a long late night. I think I got to sleep about 4am. It was sooooo relaxing which was just what I wanted so pretty good.

I hate New Year's Generally....well if it include people pestering me to leave my house to go to out/the expense of it all/having to hang about on taxis/taxis fares/coldness/twats that run about the streets/drunks etc...

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 1:52 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Brian and I watched 28 Up and went to bed around 10:30. I was woken up a few times by Catherine screaming bloody murder because her ear hurt.

In the morning I took her to the doctor and she had a double ear infection.

It was a boring. I honestly didn't even care it was New Year's Eve.

I know that feeling. Poor Catherine!

I had an ear infection a year ago I think, it was horrible! Hope she gets well soon!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 2:08 PM Quote
My boyfriend, nine other friends and I had a three course dinner, watched the fireworks at midnight and then drank ourselves wasted. Went to bed at 4.00 I think.

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 4:13 PM Quote
just stayed in with the family. The brother then came in from the pub drunk at 11.20. At midnight we watched the fireworks and had a glass of champaign before heading to my aunties and then to the pub. Went briefly to another party and stagered in the door about 5.30
Both the brother and himself were dying on New years day lol!

Aída
Aída Posted Sat 03 Jan, 2009 5:49 PM Quote

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:00 AM