Travis

Aída
Aída Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:16 PM Quote

Re: How did you spend new years eve?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:17 PM Quote
I went to bed at 10:30 and set the clock for 11:45. Watched Dick Clark until the ball dropped in Times Square. Had a kiss and a Coca-Cola toast and went back to bed. Woo hoo.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
Aída wrote:
Family dinner at home. Later we took 12 grapes with the midnight clock strokes and then I had a few drinks down the pub and a bit of wee dancing.

What about you? I'd like to know how everone celebrates this special day

Omg!
Exactly the same as you O_O
But i didn't drink xD

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
some homeless guy tried to sell me a garbage bag full of shake . For some reason my jacket still smells like it even though I don't partake ,

delivered this to the wrong venue

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:122197.jpg

went back, accross the bridge to Oakland , to get this one but it wouldn't dry in time

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:122213.jpg

someone got shot outside the studio , broken alcohol bottles all over the place , finally delivered that one at 1 AM , called it a night and went home

Aída
Aída Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:31 PM Quote

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:42 PM Quote
Dinner & Drinks on George St. in Edinburgh, with some friends from Uni. Celebrated the bells outside a bar near the street party and saw all the fireworks being set off at the castle. Topped the night off with more drinks & some soup back at a friends house in Dumfermline. Spent New Years day there too, getting the traditional steak pie for dinner, and playing board games all evening before driving home. Really good fun all round!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:43 PM Quote
I drank half a bottle of vodka, some tequila and had a few ciders. Night was a bit of a blur. Had a good one tho!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:47 PM Quote
Dinner with my dad, brother and sister. At 00:00, we had a toast and ate the traditional 12 grapes (mine were covered with chocolate, of course hehe). We watched the fireworks and played cards. It was nice :o)

Aída
Aída Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 8:49 PM Quote

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 9:18 PM Quote
Aída wrote:

Lemon, straight vodka or mixed? oh and I love cider btw!

Oh, I mixed it with orange juice. Cider rules. But I think I am gonna cut down on drinking a bit. Gonna try and get in better shape and give my organs a bit of a break if I can.

flosadone
flosadone Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 9:53 PM Quote
A nice family dinner at home with plenty of food and drinks!
best wishes to everyone from Argentina!
;)
Flor

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 10:00 PM Quote
Stayed up until 2:00 watching TV with my dog in a cold living room. Exciting! I didn't watch Dick Clark though, Anderson Cooper for me. He's such a hottie!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 10:24 PM Quote
I went to Tiger Tiger in Manchester. There was an Oasis tribute act and Fran Cosgrove and Mike McClean DJing. There was various rooms so could escape the crappy music and find better. It was a good night apart from 2 things annoyed me, 1, there was no proper countdown to midnight, all that was said was "there is 1 minute to midnight, Manchester" and then it was just "happy new year!" bit crap! And 2, the DJ cut Sally Cinnamon off half way through! (nothing major, i just love that song). Then i had a hotel room booked in Manchester (even though i only live about 20 mins away) so just had to stumble back, very posh hotel and a great night.

elfy
elfy Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 10:40 PM Quote
Like this!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 Jan, 2009 10:53 PM Quote
TK23 wrote:
Stayed up until 2:00 watching TV with my dog in a cold living room. Exciting! I didn't watch Dick Clark though, Anderson Cooper for me. He's such a hottie!

Oh dear. This is exactly what I did! It was pretty depressing! My plans with friends fell through last minute so I...Sat in a cold living room by myself, drank wine, passed out at 9 p.m., woke up just before midnight, pet my cat, watched Anderson Cooper count down to midnight and couldn't sleep after that so I stayed up till 2 a.m.

Worst. New Years. Ever.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:25 PM