Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 12:40 AM Quote
dee wrote:
just watched an inconvenient truth while taking notes for an assignment on it:(

Sounds like a load of tree-hugging hippy crap to me, (the film obviously not the taking notes)

Dubz

iraida
iraida Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 6:04 AM Quote
The Lookout ... In love with Goode here ...

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 9:12 AM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
champagnesupernova wrote:
I have seen "Milk" and "The Pope's Toilet" in the last couple days.

Like them both. Sean Penn is setting forth yet another incredible performance as harvey Milk. This is probably the most dramatic work Gus Van Sant ever made. Unlike the rest of his experimental filmography (except Good Will Hunting), you can say this one is a simple drama telling a real life story. Still good. Recommended!

I want to watch Milk as well.Now that u say it's recommended,I can't wait!

Watched it yesterday=)It was superb!!!Sean Penn's performance is both plausible and compelling!Thoroughly enjoyed it!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 3:20 PM Quote
Twilight. Ummm, not too good. Not that the book was some kind of a masterpiece, lol.

dee
dee Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 8:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
dee wrote:
just watched an inconvenient truth while taking notes for an assignment on it:(

Sounds like a load of tree-hugging hippy crap to me, (the film obviously not the taking notes)

Dubz

i dunno, it's full of "science"...surely that is natural enemy of hippies?

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 9:04 PM Quote
My bloody valentine 3D.
What a load of cow dung!
Dont bother with this.

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 9:06 PM Quote
YES MAN!!!|

Amazing movie, one of the best i' ve ever seen....

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 10:19 PM Quote
The Love Guru

Not that good...
Kinda funny

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 1:27 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
The Love Guru

Not that good...
Kinda funny

Hehe it's a bit cheap, but that's what makes it funny =)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 1:33 PM Quote

LA Story, an old Steve Martin film, I quite liked it quirky in places and just plain fun.

Dubz

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 1:34 PM Quote
Thelma & Louis: Good movie.
Flags of our fathers: wow! Awesome movie.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:25 PM Quote
Eventually got to see Australia tonight. Nothing new. Same old stuff. Girl hates guy, guy hates girl. They end up together. I mean the story is very obvious that you can tell what is gonna happen in two minutes at most.

Still, I like it. Not the best of Baz Luhrman clearly but it is ok. Cinematography is awesome. Makes you wanna go and see Australia ASAP. Then the story telling is quite absorbing despite the fact that it is not full of surprises.

ANd my favorite part is the tiny little details on Aborigins. I was hoping to see more about them. The scene where the bombs explode over the harbour and King George stucks in between them tells more than words could. 'They come and make you feel strangers at your home. Then they start destroying everything.'

Anywho, I suggest this commercials to those interested. It is made by the same production company Baz Luhrman owns for Tourism Australia. Director is not him but it is a parallel project to the motion picture. Brendan Walters; the little guy is also starred in these. Quality works! One could say better than the movie:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1853308/transformation_new_york_tourism_australia_commercial/
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1853437/transformation_shanghai_tourism_australia_commercial/

iraida
iraida Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 1:19 AM Quote
Eventually got to see Australia tonight. Nothing new. Same old stuff. Girl hates guy, guy hates girl. They end up together. I mean the story is very obvious that you can tell what is gonna happen in two minutes at most.

Same feeling here, I went to the movies with my sis an Australia was the only "decent" thing to watch you see, I don't regret the decision but I was expecting more than the usual thing ... but I did enjoy the film the scenery was outstanding :)

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 2:56 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
The Love Guru

Not that good...
Kinda funny

Hehe it's a bit cheap, but that's what makes it funny =)

Lol hehe
At least it made me laugh...

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 20 Jan, 2009 4:42 AM Quote

Still, I like it. Not the best of Baz Luhrman clearly but it is ok. Cinematography is awesome. Makes you wanna go and see Australia ASAP. Then the story telling is quite absorbing despite the fact that it is not full of surprises.

ANd my favorite part is the tiny little details on Aborigins. I was hoping to see more about them. The scene where the bombs explode over the harbour and King George stucks in between them tells more than words could. 'They come and make you feel strangers at your home. Then they start destroying everything.'

Anywho, I suggest this commercials to those interested. It is made by the same production company Baz Luhrman owns for Tourism Australia. Director is not him but it is a parallel project to the motion picture. Brendan Walters; the little guy is also starred in these. Quality works! One could say better than the movie:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1853308/transformation_new_york_tourism_australia_commercial/
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1853437/transformation_shanghai_tourism_australia_commercial/

Nice wee review! :o)
I didn't like much the story either. But yeah, the settings are amazing and so beautiful, also the cinematography is fantastic.
Thanks for posting the links to that commercials. They're great! :o)

Pages Previous 1...16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:07 PM