sumiresailon

Message Board Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • sumiresailon

    Thanks! The book series sounds so fun – a detective inside books? Brilliant. And I’ve seen Whale Rider recommended before. Adding these to my list!

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1845
    sumiresailon

    That must be a truly magnificent garden. 🌸 In China, peonies are also very loved – they’re seen as a flower of elegance, nobility, and grace. Truly a royal kind of flower.

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1844
    sumiresailon

    Wow!

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1842
    sumiresailon

    How lovely for the little animals.I’d love to come to South America someday…it’s far, but hopefully one day!

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1838
    sumiresailon

    I always love the name Rosemary. It sounds like a poem.Palm trees fit the LA vibe perfectly!🌴Good thing the tuckeroo tree doesn’t actually grow carrots though — that would be my personal nightmare…😾

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1835
    sumiresailon

    Wow, 18 pots, and loads of them are rescues – that’s awesome! As a newbie, I still find it kinda hard to keep plants alive!!

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1834
    sumiresailon

    Hooray for dogs!Also, mint leaves in rice noodles are really tasty. It’s a way of eating Yunnan rice noodles in China, and this dish might also be found in Southeast Asia.🐶

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1832
    sumiresailon

    Pothos is really a great choice!

    in reply to: What flowers or plants do you have at home? 🌼 #1831
    sumiresailon

    我也是…不会随便死掉的植物才是好植物🤓

    in reply to: Question for non-native English speakers… #1826
    sumiresailon

    I have to say AI is really too easy to use🤣

    sumiresailon

    @Jorge_E_aka_ricv64
    Thanks for the detailed recommendations – I’ll check them out and add some to my list.
    And yes, I’ve seen Shoplifters😸

    in reply to: What do use to listen to Music? #1726
    sumiresailon

    I usually listen to music through my iPad’s speakers for the sake of my hearing and ear comfort. Sometimes I listen to CDs, and although I’ve bought some vinyl records, I don’t have a turntable yet—I plan to buy one later.

    in reply to: Funny / heartwarming fan-meet stories? (✪ω✪) #1663
    sumiresailon

    @Erika B
    Hi Erika!Your hats must have been so cute – no wonder they wore them! 🎩
    And that Hogmanay in Aberdeen sounds so special – feeling homesick and then being comforted by our lovely band… that’s just beautiful.
    I’m also really moved that Fran’s words helped you when you were feeling low. You and the band deserve each other, in the best way.
    That LA Times T‑shirt you made sounds super cool – I bet they loved wearing it as much as you loved making it.
    And meeting Clay – that’s awesome!
    Thanks for sharing these warm moments – they really make this thread shine.

    in reply to: Thank you from a fan in Japan #1610
    sumiresailon

    Oh, by the way, I almost forgot to mention – the fact that Masamune Kusano is a Travis fan is such a piece of niche knowledge! Just as you said. 🤓

    in reply to: Thank you from a fan in Japan #1607
    sumiresailon

    @kawaguchi
    kawaguchiさん、Thank you so much for all the great recommendations! 😊

    I’ve actually heard most of the artists you recommended, except DYGL – those I haven’t listened to yet. I really love Japanese music, you guys are incredibly talented.

    But here’s something I must tell you – we’re on the Travis forum because of their wonderful music, and what a coincidence: my username “SumireSailon” actually comes from Hata Motohiro’s song “Sumire” (スミレ), which is the theme song of the Japanese drama スミカスミレ starring Mirei Kiritani (桐谷美玲) and Mitsuhiro Oikawa (及川光博). Please do give it a listen!

    And “Sailon” is from Noel Gallagher’s solo band song “Sail On”, hahaha.

    Isn’t it funny how our love for Travis brought us together, and then my name turn out to have such connections? It’s been a real joy. 😸

    Thanks for the Travis forum that allows us to connect.🥹

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)