almond

Message Board Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • almond

    Aftersun is heartbreaking at the end.

    Cosmic Wimpout looks like fun.

    in reply to: What do you know about Mexico #1778
    almond

    Ay, qué emoción! Te vas a enamorar mucho más de su música, en vivo son increíbles!

    in reply to: David Hockney #1770
    almond

    I was thinking the same! I recently watched Asteroid City, and it kind of gave me the same vibes – the composition, the colours, the light. Now I wonder if Anderson used Hockney as reference for this film.

    in reply to: Well well well. It’s back! #1758
    almond

    Thanks, Dougie! It’s such a cute story, with a message all children should definitely read/hear – it doesn’t matter how you are/look, each and everyone will find their place in this world, sometimes it’s not what you expected though. And the illustrations by Rachel Seago go perfect with the text (love all the references to Travis!).

    in reply to: Off topic: What’s your fave drink or beverage? #1749
    almond

    Yeah, I think they’re very similar, almost the same, ha. I’d love to try it.

    almond

    Hey, Neil. Mads Mikkelson is such a great actor, he offers yet another brilliant performance in the film Druk/Another Round. If you haven’t watched it, I absolutely recommend it.

    almond

    Hey, Ric! Great recommendations!

    I’ve only watched The Shoplifters and I loved it. I like how portrays people who are just surviving in this hard, cold world.

    I already added Tigers are not afraid to my list, for what I’ve read is how horror and violence surround Mexican’s, especially children’s, lifes.

    About Untamed, I haven’t watched it either, but be aware cause Amat Escalante’s (the director) films are not easy to digest for some people.

    I’ll look up the Korean films too.

    in reply to: David Hockney #1721
    almond

    Oh, rest in peace.

    I honestly hadn’t seen any of his work, but i just looked it up, and wow, the colours he used are so wild and vibrant.

    in reply to: Off topic: What’s your fave drink or beverage? #1715
    almond

    I used to teach SFL (Spanish as a Foreign Language) and one time I had a British student, she pretty much gave the same instructions to brew the perfect cup of tea.

    • This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by almond.
    in reply to: Off topic: What’s your fave drink or beverage? #1714
    almond

    Sounds delicious! In Mexico panela is known as piloncillo, I always found it funny cause panela for us is a type of cheese, haha.

    in reply to: Off topic: What’s your fave drink or beverage? #1677
    almond

    Agua de horchata! Nothing can top that! Haha! I also like tea – sencha, matcha, ginger and lemon, peppermint…

    I don’t drink alcohol a lot either, but a good mezcal, a dark lager or stout, are always well received.

    Have a nice weekend too!

    in reply to: What do you know about Mexico #1674
    almond

    @Erika B el número de días fue muy específico, jajaja

    in reply to: First time you heard Travis #1672
    almond

    It was 2000. I was 13, in secondary school, and I used to set the TV as alarm clock to get up early for school. TV was in a different room, so the trick was that I had to get up and go there to turn it off, haha – I never got late to school! Anyhow, one time there was this song I’d never heard on MTV and I really liked it – it was WDIAROM, and it was the video too. I saw a lad running in a “skirt” (my knowledge about Scottish culture was none at that time), I think to myself “what is this? I like it!”. I didn’t start to actively look more of their songs up until Sing was out, I think.

    in reply to: What do you know about Mexico #1609
    almond

    @mariann.lee hola! Sí, acá también bien emocionada por el minitour de los chicos en nuestras tierras 😄. Ya has ido a más conciertos anteriormente?

    in reply to: Favourite song #1574
    almond

    Somewhere Else is by far one of my favorites too. The River makes me cry as well – I thought it was just me, haha. There’re also some others that make me cry: Falling Down, Indefinitely, Paperclips, Broken Mirror… I think I’m just too sensitive, ha.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 136 total)