almond

Message Board Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Hola! Spanish music recommendations? #2954
    almond

    I totally forgot about Juanes, but he’s great for listening. “A Dios le pido” was my go-to for understanding one of the uses of subjunctive mood.

    in reply to: Hola! Spanish music recommendations? #2948
    almond

    No problem! Maybe one day we will chat about Travis in Spanish 😉

    in reply to: Hola! Spanish music recommendations? #2946
    almond

    I used to be a Spanish as a foreign language teacher, and I agree that listening to music helps a lot. I had a long repertoire back then, but I guess it needs to be updated, hehe.

    I would recommend to you “Me gustas tú” de Manu Chao, very basic, just to get used to how the verb “gustar” works in Spanish. “Nadie como tú” de Calle 13 may not be your cup of tea, but it has tons of useful vocabulary. “Eres” de Café Tacvba has pretty much all the verbs in present tense, so it works for a basic level. Other bands and singers that I would recommend even if you don’t get all the words are Soda Stereo, Gustavo Cerati y Fito Páez (Argentina); Fobia, Natalia Lafourcade, Santa Sabina, Torreblanca (México); Héroes del Silencio, Enrique Bunbury, Arde Bogotá, Vetusta Morla (Spain)… I mean, there’s a whole bunch, these are just to name a few. Hope it is useful for you 😊.

    in reply to: Almost fashionable, where to watch? #2945
    almond

    Uy, sí, es un problema encontrarlo ahora. Me parece que una fan de México (Erika) lo había descargado, aunque sin subtitulos :/. Yo lo compré hace muchos años en Vimeo y aún tengo acceso a todo, pero la verdad no he tenido tiempo de descargarlo de algún modo 🫢. Ojalá la banda pueda ponerlo disponible de nuevo en alguna plataforma 🙌

    almond

    Me uno a la campaña: ¡no queremos show de medio tiempo en el fútbol! 😅

    in reply to: Birthday boy! #2831
    almond

    ¡Feliz cumpleaños, Fran! 🥳 Have a fantastic one! Xx

    in reply to: 🎂 Let’s Wish Fran a Happy Birthday! #2811
    almond

    ¡Feliz cumpleaños, Fran! 🥳

    In 2024, a few months before L.A. Times was released, and a few weeks before we could listen to Gaslight, Fran came to Mexico City for a solo gig to support one of his friends for the pop-up bar of Treasure Club. There was a meet-and-greet, and I was able to get a ticket. At some point Fran told us that something new was coming, and showed me some stills from the Gaslight video, and then he said “You didn’t hear anything from me”. Things like that are what makes him so adorable 🫶.

    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by almond.
    in reply to: Typhoon Bavi is coming #2700
    almond

    I just read about this on the news. I hope everything is ok. My thoughts are with you! Stay safe!

    in reply to: Movies – Decent ones!! #2573
    almond

    Hey Neil! I am looking forward to “Digger” from that Mexican guy who has directed very good movies – Alejandro González Iñarritu 🇲🇽. I really like his whole filmography, all the way to “Amores Perros”, his debut feature – if you haven’t see it, I totally recommend.

    I recently watched “Origin”, based on the book “Caste: The Origins of our Discontents”, and is about how caste systems have shape human divisons, the foundation to racism and institucional opression. It unbelievable how the author finds interconnections between different regions and times regarding caste systems and how certain groups of people are treated (and mistreated) in that way. I think is a great films to understand our human history and why things are the way they are right now.

    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by almond.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by almond.
    in reply to: Scotland vs Mexico? #2548
    almond

    Yo también espero que se haga realidad ese enfrentamiento, jeje. Está medio difícil, pero ya casi se define todo.

    in reply to: Se habla español #2303
    almond

    Hola, Lucía, mucho gusto. Qué bonito que más fans de Uruguay se vayan sumando a este espacio.

    in reply to: Se habla español #2302
    almond

    ¡Hola, Gaba, bienvenida! No sabía que eres trabajadora social, qué lindo. Yo comencé a estudiar Trabajo Social como segunda carrera hace algunos años, pero por cosas de la vida nunca la terminé, es una deuda que tengo pendiente conmigo y con el mundo, jeje. Ojalá puedas volver muchas veces a México para ver a los chicos 🙌.

    in reply to: Se habla español #2301
    almond

    Oh, qué interesante. Sí, ojalá encuentres muchas oportunidades en ese campo de trabajo 🙌.

    in reply to: Se habla español #2300
    almond

    (Es lo mismo que pienso, ¡todo es político!)

    Uy, no, pues fue justo Sheinbaum la que dijo que la FIFA podía hacer y deshacer a su antojo porque era su evento y el gobierno no se podía meter 🫢. También prohibieron la transmisión de los partidos en restaurantes o bares a menos que paguen un permiso especial (nada barato), si no, tendrán que pagar una multa por transmitir sin permiso. Le arruinaron la temporada a un montón de locales pequeños que no pueden cubrir ese gasto. También el IMPI (Instituto Mexicano de Propiedad Industrial) le otorgó a la FIFA 344 registros de marca para que nadie pueda usar esas palabras o frases sin tener que pagar… Terrible todo lo que hacen y ridículo también.

    in reply to: What do you know about Mexico #2296
    almond

    Ay, sí, ojalá. Estos problemas diplomáticos cómo impactan en todo…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)