Travis

Braindead Moronic F*ckwits
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:09 AM Quote
Guests on daytime TV... Jerry Springer, Steve Wilkos, Maury, Jeremy Kyle, Dr Phil, Oprah, etc. etc. etc.

I mean for fucks sake if your partner, parents or whomever says to you, "I would like us to go on one of these shows", Who in their right fucking mind says "Ok tht sounds like a good idea", My first response would be "Fuck No!!" quickly followed by "Why, what the fuck have you been up to ? you lying bastard "

Dubz

Re: Braindead Moronic F*ckwits
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
yes but how much do these shows pay?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:20 AM Quote
moominbadger wrote:

Nowhere near enough to make want to humiliate/be humiliated on national TV. Seriously for that kind of sh!t I would be looking for from upwards of £1,000,000.00

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
Exacty Dubz, I just don't get it! You don't air your dirty laundry in public as the saying goes! those people are seriously F****d up!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
Yukkkkk! Those programmes are awful, but they must be ticking some boxes somewhere, otherwise why would the tv channels keep belting them out?

The likes of Oprah have been broadcasting for ever. Before any vaguely intelligent reality programmes came out (said cautiously). It's like they are the dinosaurs of the genre, the generation before BB and the like. Surely they should be extinct by now?

I was at a tv studio recently, involved in another programme altogether I hasten to add, where an episode of Trisha was being filmed. I saw the "braindead moronic f*ckwits" being filed into the Trisha studio. I remember simply asking myself "why?"....

nesmap
nesmap Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:54 PM Quote
You know your life has gone to shit when you resort to going on one of these shows...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:14 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

Nowhere near enough to make want to humiliate/be humiliated on national TV. Seriously for that kind of sh!t I would be looking for from upwards of £1,000,000.00

Dubz

but then you could enjoy your vegas death fantasy!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

Dubz

Haha True, might also be the only way out after subjecting myself to that.

btw I don't even think these guys pay that well, if at all, people probably do it for the "buzz/fame". Arseholes

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:25 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

Dubz

he'd die of shame before he could get to Vegas

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
Are those programmes not scripted? and just have actors on screen?

I never watch them

kayrill
kayrill Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
I watched Tony Blair on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Interesting the way he is making a point on the war on Iraq, and Jon trying to make fun of the subject.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
I think these people have no standards. I also think they put a high value on being on TV- that this somehow makes you special/important.

Thus they are willing to do/say anything to get this odd validation.

Jerry Springer shows and the like make my skin crawl.

Sincerely,
Someone who was on a trashy show earlier this year

P.S. CBS demanded my judge clip be removed from youtube for copyright infringement. Bastards.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Guests on daytime TV... Jerry Springer, Steve Wilkos, Maury, Jeremy Kyle, Dr Phil, Oprah, etc. etc. etc.

I mean for fucks sake if your partner, parents or whomever says to you, "I would like us to go on one of these shows", Who in their right fucking mind says "Ok tht sounds like a good idea", My first response would be "Fuck No!!" quickly followed by "Why, what the fuck have you been up to ? you lying bastard "

Dubz

those "programs" are hilarious! where else can you see trailertrash rednecks wrestle for a wasted piece of ass without actually having to go to the trailerparks themselves, f#cken makes me laugh

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
Jeremy kyle has to be the funniest one out ... the only people who appear on it are neds! I don't know why people have to go through the whole get a lie detector test on tv when they can go pay someone do it privately. A lot of it is bollocks but hey, if they want their 5 minutes, let them have it.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 12:09 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Sincerely,
Someone who was on a trashy show earlier this year

LMAO!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:38 PM