Travis

Re: Song To Self Video
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 7:42 AM Quote
listening one more time, i remember some language doubts.
Can anyone tell my what's the meaning of "i don't belong any longer" and "making it up in my head" i'm not sure if what i think it's true.
I understand by "i don't belong any longer" Don't belong no more on here, wherever he mean. and "Making it up in my head" Realize on his mind about don't know, the need of someone feeling the same and is that feeling (lonelines) what's getting stronger?

Elein
Elein Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 8:03 AM Quote
ohhhh....what's so wrong, why the face so long....?

akanksha
akanksha Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 8:33 AM Quote
Tags are funny. Anal probe? LOL.

I have to admit I was a bit put off by the fact that the other three-quarters of Travis weren't there, and I like the quirky story-type videos, but yes I suppose having Fran alone adds to the mood of isolation and loneliness in the song.

Nice, um, design/colour scheme/lava lamp kind of layout.
How was it made?
It looks like overlapping pictures of sunsets to me.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 8:44 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
listening one more time, i remember some language doubts.
Can anyone tell my what's the meaning of "i don't belong any longer" and "making it up in my head" i'm not sure if what i think it's true.
I understand by "i don't belong any longer" Don't belong no more on here, wherever he mean. and "Making it up in my head" Realize on his mind about don't know, the need of someone feeling the same and is that feeling (lonelines) what's getting stronger?

Hmm...when I first heard "Making it up in my head" my first interpretation was that he's just trying to pretend he belongs, to soothe the pain of not having anyone around. Or maybe he's imagining, in his head, what it would feel like to be in a place where he belongs. Don't know, that's what I got from it.

Watching the video again it's starting to grow on me!! Even the way the video is shot at certain points - when the image is stretched, or compressed, or something - I'm not a camera person so I don't know what that technique is called - it sort of contributes to the feeling of loneliness.
When you're feeling isolated, everything you see looks like it's shifting out of shape, out of focus(...and unkind!) or blurred.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 9:27 AM Quote
Absolutely mesmerizing.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 9:37 AM Quote
brilliant ! this is going to be one of my fave Travis video

though I must say I have yet to get used to Fran's distorted face .... in his words eek lol

sonja
sonja Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 11:41 AM Quote
Great!!! Very very different from old videos,but the change is good. I like this video too,like the old ones.. And I`m in loooove with the song ! :0)

Erial
Erial Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:16 PM Quote
Great video! Very different from the others, but I like it, the shiny pretty colors keep me glued to the screen.

Aww, I miss the others too, though.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:36 PM Quote
very good, first time i hear one of the new song and it's really very very very good! All excellent, very excited as I haven't heard anything yet.

20462046 Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 12:42 PM Quote
before i saw this video,everytime i hear this song,the similar pictures compared to this video appear in my head,incredible!!!

nesmap
nesmap Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
Very strange to see Fran on his own.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
With those tags, I'm sure it'll be a smashing hit among proctologists.

velvet
velvet Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
Hi everyone! You may hite me, but I looked the new video only one time.....because...i miss there Neil, Andy and Dougie! Song is great definitely, but...they could made a video with four lonely people. Separately, without shared story!
Anyway, thanks Travis for the music you made!

silvella
silvella Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:30 PM Quote
Thank you so much, Travis! Especially Fran! The message of "Song To Self" has arrived. It's great!!

vampire_lover
vampire_lover Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
Great song and great video! Love it so much. Fran look so lonely and sad ... Beautiful.
And I like the idea of Frava lamp :P

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:15 AM